Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New update - Subscription feature(4/3/18)

Simply because in this aspect, Microsoft can't seem to get its head out of its ass and offer what its competitors can. I can't blame GI for this. They're seeking new revenue streams, and if one platform doesn't offer the ability, it doesn't make sense to stop progress and the withhold the revenue that comes with it.

Actually MS has offered subscriptions through microsoft accounts for quite some time.
What Ivan said was they don't have a subscription service they can use which is not to
say they don't have one at all. Though I wouldn't do this for the specific set of rewards
it would be interesting to know why they can't use the sub. service. If I had to venture a
guess it is either specific for MS services or MS wants too much of the pie.

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
Actually MS has offered subscriptions through microsoft accounts for quite some time.
What Ivan said was they don't have a subscription service they can use which is not to
say they don't have one at all. Though I wouldn't do this for the specific set of rewards
it would be interesting to know why they can't use the sub. service. If I had to venture a
guess it is either specific for MS services or MS wants too much of the pie.

Agreed.

If it's being promoted as a way of helping your game advance and climb the leader board, as Ive seen somewhere, Gi would do better to clean up the leader board. Get rid of people who are good at manipulating machines and programs and don't actually fly planes.

I was overtaken last week by someone who flew a ridiculous number of planes between one server update and the next. Why would i pay 10 dollars or 10 euros or whatever for this privilege!

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
I think if you can buy, Just buy all the land first and when there is only Flying Part left in the game, Buy Gold subscription (They are actually giving too much value if you buy 6 Month one), You will get 3 Fuel every minute, 30% Extra Maximum fuel and Zero Breakdown Chance (Not sure if no breakdowns or Less chances of breakdowns), 15% Reduction in Flight Timing and everything else that's left in the offer. Activate Bonuses already available like Vintage Weathervane, Bottomless Barrel, Secret Faucet, Golden Dice etc and their benefits will add up as well.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
This new functionality is great for the people who are spending real money, but it makes the gap between 'freeloaders' and 'spenders' even bigger. In fact, the double-fuel-feature alone will cause that the rankings are probably filled with subscribers so there will be less and less fun for those who are not willing to pay. If this new subscription really takes off, I think I will perhaps have to reconsider playing this game.

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
One small comment on the Gold subscription, "perfect weather conditions" doesn't include non-weather unfavourable events in flight, such as Air Traffic Controllers strike.

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Perhaps Gi should look at options in categories. Not everybody plays the same way so perhaps a category a,b,c band and the players could choose which option in each category they want to sign up for. Ie cat (a) 2 greenies per day or 3x. Fuel cat. (B) 300% profit, 30% max fuel etc etc. A selection from each group would be a requirement. This way players could select what benefits them at the time and b allows the player to amend/change when the need suits.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
This new functionality is great for the people who are spending real money, but it makes the gap between 'freeloaders' and 'spenders' even bigger. In fact, the double-fuel-feature alone will cause that the rankings are probably filled with subscribers so there will be less and less fun for those who are not willing to pay. If this new subscription really takes off, I think I will perhaps have to reconsider playing this game.
Meh...it wont. People love the game, but most have huge issues with current gameplay that will make them unwilling to do it. Besides, I'm not sure the game would be as fun without some challenge. I actually rely on flights breaking down from time to time

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
I'm not sure the game would be as fun without some challenge. I actually rely on flights breaking down from time to time

I think you are right. I got the gold package yesterday to give it a go. The additional fuel, speed of flight and elimination of some of the random elements actually made the game a chore for me yesterday rather than a pleasure.

I completely understand why GI have added the options, and hope its a success for them and they can invest more money in the game. The way gold in particular changes game play is significant though. A lot of the strategy is removed and the style of game play is completely different.

Like i said before there are so many players using bugs to play this game to get places faster and to get more pax for there alliance to be be bigger and better. So why would they buy this, so conclusion!!!!!! GI have to clear the game up 100%, and can they???? every time there is a update bugs creep in good ones and bad. So untill then whats the point on having such a thing its not going to help getting a head. That is my thought anyways :cool:
At first its a good idea, until everyone can have it and they cannot, im sure it will come but not for some time, so there so many variables for it not having it for a game player. The company will like it as there are players that will pay money,yes it will improve the game as more money to spend on the development. I hope they can clean up the game untill then i dont see the reason for having it

Last edited:

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
Speaking of bugs...

upload_2018-4-4_12-0-12.png

"Perfect weather conditions" for Golds, clearly isn't working correctly.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
We'll see. I'm curious if GI intends to make the silver / gold subscribers visible in the rankings, e.g. by coloring their names or by placing a symbol in front / behind their names. That will make it clear immediately who / what type of user will dominate the rankings.

On my iOS support Madlen now has a Gold halo around her nut :angelic: So I think this one way they may be showing who's Gold/Silver?! Unless she always had it and I missed it ;)

On my iOS support Madlen now has a Gold halo around her nut :angelic: So I think this one way they may be showing who's Gold/Silver?! Unless she always had it and I missed it ;)
No, it’s new
Players with gold subscription have a golden frame. Similar for silver. But you can’t see the new frames in windows10

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ygn6mm
Username
Jostein
I believe they completely mess up the game balance with this feature.

My opinion is that the bonus should have been smaller, and the price lower. The size of the bonus is so significant that it completely changes the game now. Just wait for the events that’s requiring silver or gold membership to complete them.

The price is also too high if you’re a casual player. And especially a new player. There is too many “pay to win games” out there that’s scaring away new players due to high prices for ingame bonuses/subscriptions.

I guess this update changed the odds for be playing the game in 6 months fell from 80 % to 20%.

Top Bottom