Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Lazy friend gifting

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
Does it bug anyone else that you you go out of your way to send gifts your friends need but they just hit the "send in return" button? There is no way I need all the earplugs, lollipops and Ereaders at my stage of the game.

How do y'all handle it? Just send them fuel and hope to get it back or just stop sending them gifts? Trying to be tactful here but it really bugs me!

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
Personally I try when I am off work to gift things that I know people need - but when I have limited time I just send return as I have limited time to look up what people need, plus since I have nothing majorly needed (apart from fuel) I presume anything but Fuel20 I am sent is what they need. I like you get a lot of flight items (which are good to get - but I don't specifically ask for them) so I feel it is reasonable to assume that is what they need. Plus I would say the majority of neighbours are non-forum so I can't see what they need (unless it's in their aiport name).

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
It depends on how good they are gifting.

If regular gifters then they may have a reason for only being able to hit the return button. You need to have a private conversation to find out why, unless they have specifically said in their signature, which some people have done.

People who do not gift regular or are not forum members there is not much you can do about them. You can keep them and trying putting a note in your signature so if they are paying attention understand your concerns or you can delete them but it does not mean they have deleted you and you could still get items that you do not want.

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
I have the same issue but I can manage this considering that I will need a lot of this item on future.
Actually I fly with jumbos and some neighbors send me earplugs. I don't need earplugs at this moment but when fly with Falcons I will need 3215 earplugs (alliance maps not computed). The same quantity for lollipops and a little more for beds/ereaders.
If items for future are not welcome now for you suggest to exchange gifts with neighbors that you can talk here. In my case I always send what I read on ingame names or forum signatures.

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
@Marve over 3,000 of those items for real? Geeze, maybe I should shut up! :censored:
I fly for stars too.
11 regular destinations and 400 lollipops per destination = 4400 lollipops
10 regular destinations and 400 earplugs per destination = 4000 earplugs

I see you flying powerful delta. You can calculate how many items you will need for finish PD, jumbo...Don't scared.:wideyed:

GamingSwiftie

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
GS4: GamingSwiftie4 (iPad), GS5: 04skwc5l
Username
GS4, GS5
I also use these "lazy" gifts to my benefit... for instance your laundry facility generates 1 blanket every 12 hours. But, 1 plane uses 1 blanket every 9 hours. So, you really need 1.25 laundry facilities for each plane. (Unless of course you upgrade the building production for greenies.) But a better idea would be to start collecting ahead of when you need them and then just dip into your stock when you only have 1 plane needing that type of item.

For instance, I built a laundry as soon as I could in the game even though I wasn't yet flying planes that required them. The 1 laundry unit plus the blankets I got from neighbors "lazy" gifting allowed me to build up to 100+ blankets before I got around to purchasing a giant plane. Once I purchased my giant plane, I had a stash of blankets that allowed me to keep the plane in the air while still allowing me to put off building another laundry facility for awhile. I now have 3 giant planes and 1 laundry facility. And I'm only just now getting into a crunch with blanket production... and only then because I wasn't paying attention and didn't start other laundry facilities as I bought my second and third giants. (I'll just add blankets to my signature for a few days until my new laundry facilities are up and running.)
I'm doing the same thing with lollipops and beds... I've built 1 facility for each, and I'm just storing those "lazy" gifts for now. When I go to buy my second plane, I'll build the next facility. But, I'll have a nice healthy stock of lollipops and beds to get me started whenever I get there without me having to be concerned about coins for more facilities or about keeping planes in the air.

Does it bug anyone else that you you go out of your way to send gifts your friends need but they just hit the "send in return" button? There is no way I need all the earplugs, lollipops and Ereaders at my stage of the game.

How do y'all handle it? Just send them fuel and hope to get it back or just stop sending them gifts? Trying to be tactful here but it really bugs me!

I suggest you trade with forum members who are at the same stage / level as you are (or lower).
They would have similar needs and have the same urgency for flight & building items as you do.

Forum members who posts daily / regularly are also people who probably read the signatures.
You should exchange gifts with them, as you could easily communicate your urgent requirements.

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
I do post on the trade forum at least weekly and also list 2 items in my game name.

Now that I understand the full volume needed for the "unwanted items" I shut my mouth!!
Many thanks for your thoughts.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
In trying to find ways to speed up the gift giving process, I've started keeping a list of what people want. It may get out of date, but I am willing to change gifts if someone lets me know. I hit "send in return" for some Chainsaws because I assumed everyone wanted them, but I have made a note that you don't and won't send you any more.

melony

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lbt7wk
Username
melony
I hit return because I've asked people to send what they need. I'm a nurse and dont have time to spend hours a day on a game which I've used for the past 5 years just as a bit of distraction.
Despite all the frustration I enjoy AC (not enough to spend real cash) and I will continue to enjoy it (couple minutes a day) for the next five years after you have long forgotten about it.

Gee @melony , I don't think I deserved that rude remark!

Please do not be offended Mia, people just play differently :)

- Some people play meticulously and note down all gift received and sent (initially at least).
- Some people set up many support games to give back gifts to neighbours (many long time players are like this)
- Some people actually read the signatures and send only gifts requested
- Some people play casually and return gifts (without checking signatures)
- Some people play fervently for a while, even bugging people for gifts and then fizzle out after a few month.
- We had one or two forum member in the past who actually made a list of gifts that he wants his neighbours to send him.
I thought that was a bit crazy and autocratic!

In conclusion, if everybody play on Android and change their signatures accordingly, gifting would be so much easier :D.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
In conclusion, if everybody play on Android and change their signatures accordingly, gifting would be so much easier :D.

I'm not going to switch to Android just because it would make this one game slightly easier. I would conclude that the solution is for the game designers to give iOS users friend codes so that we can change our usernames too.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I don't think I deserved that rude remark!
I think it was addressed at me and my proposition of not trading with such players.

Signatures or nicknames?

If you meant nicknames, then it's still not everybody - melony's point was that she doesn't care about any requests other than send to return. Which pretty much means wasting half of gifting, that's why other people have big problem with that, no mater who is on the wasted part.

Top Bottom