Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

I need to rant.....(its safe for work)

volly

150+ Star Club
Ok, I've been playing since February. I'm now at level 55. I like the game but.... There are some things that just are....annoying.
  1. The 100 item limit. I'm now finding it annoying that it is impacting other players in ways that later on in the game WILL impact me. It needs to go and be removed.
  2. Collections, collections, collections. Who was the genius who thought it would be a good idea to do this: "I got a good idea! Lets change it when a collection is available and you click on the collections button - it will no longer go directly to the collection in question. Lets make them scroll through ALL of them to find it. That will make it fun for our players."
    REALLY? Hey Genius - Please give me your real address so I can send someone to hit you with a common sense bat.
  3. Bonus buildings in collections - Is there some reason why when you see what the bonus building is - you can't click on it and see what abilities it has? For example I would not want to send a huge amount of flights to somewhere just to get a building and then find out it is rubbish. I know, I know - I can go into the wiki and look but that is beside the point. Many people do NOT know about the wiki and it be nice to be able to look IN THE GAME to see.
  4. Sending messages between players - Just stand me behind a jet engine blast at takeoff will you? Is there some reason why when you send a gift you can't include a short message like a 140 character tweet? This would make the game SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE. For example I could tell someone I need certain supplies. Or they could ask me for something.
  5. Weekly alliance mission button - Is there some reason it HAS TO BE WHERE IT IS? Can it be moved to the far right under the store button? This also includes the Spaceship launch and daily mission buttons.
  6. Side missions - OMG there are so many. Is it possible to make a simple button that opens a popup window showing the missions and ways you can sort them as well as filter them?
  7. Selling directly from the warehouse - can someone explain to me why we can't do this? GRRRRR!!!
    I do not need 11 extra chess clubs. Yes I "could" build one, then sell it but what a pain in the bum.
  8. Silver and Gold tokens - I get how to get them (I'm using launches to get mine) BUT using flights is pretty much impossible and pointless unless:
    1. one cheats
    2. is really high level
    3. takes a week and burns through ALL their reserves in a burst move. If you do this one you hardly get any coin for your efforts.
      ----
      WTF is the point in using flights then? Mainly the cheaters are ALWAYS in the top spots so....you see my point here
  9. Maps - you could have one active and accidentally use another one which only resets the timer. Is there some reason why the game won't tell you that there is one active and give you the choice of letting you back out of the bad click? GRRRRR..
  10. Buying a building by accident when you already have the max you can deploy - For example you have already 6 cottages and you accidentally buy a 7th for you only have 4 deployed and you forget you have 2 already in your warehouse. The game can't check your warehouse to see if you already have one available to use? REALLY?
  11. A collect all button - now that would be nice but make it so you have to use greenies to use it each time. Just sayin....
OK....I feel a bit better....carry on people!

-V

Last edited:

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Ok, I've been playing since February. I'm now at level 55. I like the game but.... There are some things that just are....annoying.
  1. The 100 item limit. I'm now finding it annoying that it is impacting other players in ways that later on in the game WILL impact me. It needs to go and be removed.
  2. Collections, collections, collections. Who was the genius who thought it would be a good idea to do this: "I got a good idea! Lets change it when a collection is available and you click on the collections button - it will no longer go directly to the collection in question. Lets make them scroll through ALL of them to find it. That will make it fun for our players."
    REALLY? Hey Genius - Please give me your real address so I can send someone to hit you with a common sense bat.
  3. Bonus buildings in collections - Is there some reason why when you see what the bonus building is - you can't click on it and see what abilities it has? For example I would not want to send a huge amount of flights to somewhere just to get a building and then find out it is rubbish. I know, I know - I can go into the wiki and look but that is beside the point. Many people do NOT know about the wiki and it be nice to be able to look IN THE GAME to see.
  4. Sending messages between players - Just stand me behind a jet engine blast at takeoff will you? Is there some reason why when you send a gift you can't include a short message like a 140 character tweet? This would make the game SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE. For example I could tell someone I need certain supplies. Or they could ask me for something.
  5. Weekly alliance mission button - Is there some reason it HAS TO BE WHERE IT IS? Can it be moved to the far right under the store button? This also includes the Spaceship launch and daily mission buttons.
  6. Side missions - OMG there are so many. Is it possible to make a simple button that opens a popup window showing the missions and ways you can sort them as well as filter them?
  7. Selling directly from the warehouse - can someone explain to me why we can't do this? GRRRRR!!!
    I do not need 11 extra chess clubs. Yes I "could" build one, then sell it but what a pain in the bum.
  8. Silver and Gold tokens - I get how to get them (I'm using launches to get mine) BUT using flights is pretty much impossible and pointless unless:
    1. one cheats
    2. is really high level
    3. takes a week and burns through ALL their reserves in a burst move. If you do this one you hardly get any coin for your efforts.
      ----
      WTF is the point in using flights then? Mainly the cheaters are ALWAYS in the top spots so....you see my point here
  9. Maps - you could have one active and accidentally use another one which only resets the timer. Is there some reason why the game won't tell you that there is one active and give you the choice of letting you back out of the bad click? GRRRRR..
  10. Buying a building by accident when you already have the max deployed - Really?
  11. A collect all button - now that would be nice but make it so you have to use greenies to use it each time. Just sayin....

-V
Been playing for probably 5/6 years now and feel your pain with some;

1) it is crap. Stupid idea, should be scrapped altogether, however in the mean time if you get on to support about it, the limit can be removed (speaking from experience, and there are threads about this).

2) agree wholeheartedly, that man/woman should be hung publicly with a dunce cap on.

3) agree, dumb feature

4) agree, suggestion has been made before, additionally would be handy with launches.

5) suppose it depends on platform (iPad mini), not an issue personally

8) since new alliance missions there is hope, since there are new destinations, one can only fly to certain places on a given week... I've had a few chests this way. Many people only complete as many as required by the mission, and so by doing 10 or so extra you can pinch a top spot (had a silver chest last week without even realising!)

9) Only time I've done this was in last quest with Area 51 map, but the times added together to activate for 12 hours...?

10) what platform are you? My game (iOS) does not allow this

11) I've heard rumours this is in the pipeline... but that doesn't mean anything

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Petapann1
    1. one cheats
    2. is really high level
      ----
  10. Buying a building by accident when you already have the max you can deploy - For example you have already 6 cottages and you accidentally buy a 7th for you only have 4 deployed and you forget you have 2 already in your warehouse. The game can't check your warehouse to see if you already have one available to use? REALLY?

-V

Yup an excellent rant, worthy of a gold medal in rants, well structured, coherent, intelligent, in fact everything that this game isn't!! This is why I have deleted all AC games (iPad, Android and PC). I am now contributing to the coffers of Township instead

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
I am neither for or against the creators for the game. I am expressing my opinion to points made in this game.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, if you do not like what they say, disagree with them but be nice about it.

yes, the game can be annoying and frustrating at times but what game is not.

I have played the game both on android and pc devices since the game came out 6 + years ago.

1. 100 game limit only effects players that want to climb the ladder fast. For average players on most collections they will not get any where near that limit except on items for space launches.

2. It may not have been anybodies idea, it could have been caused during the coding for upgrades and was not considered a major problem unless someone is impatient.

3. Are you taking about regular buildings or event buildings ? For regular building, they were in the early days the buildings had to be simple as they were only way to collect passengers and coins. later on they got more sophisticated and early buildings are now not worth it.

But why should the game inventors dismiss tried and true buildings just because some players want only those items that can cause them to rise rapidly in the game. Again for most average players these buildings are cheap and easy to fly or build.

Event buildings yes the designer could be more thoughtful about and make them worth something as they are rare buildings to get.

4. that is what this forum is for to request items and let people know what you have through signatures. If people could communicate through the game then why would we need this type of forum.

5. It is unfortunate for mobile devices where space it limited that the button takes up space, Yes GI could have put some more thought and put it on the tool bar.

6. The side mission where on the features that made the game popular. Again yes they take up space on mobile devices and yes they could be be put into a single folder for the player to access them. As to sorting them, the side missions follow a story line. If every one could filter them they would only choose the easy ones or the ones with the most rewards and throw out the rest. The game designers are trying to make everyone follow the same progress whether you are a new player or have been playing for years. In a sense you want to penalize the early players who started out when the game had not evolved to this level.

7. This is a feature that may yet be done Only in the last year the game has come to the point where people could play across all platforms. Previously players on different platforms collected at different rates and could only trade among that platform.

Gi has made great strides in trying to better the game but along the way they made and making mistakes. It is difficult for several companies to coordinate their ideas in one united way.

8. Yes, cheaters are always in the top spots but unless you are highly competitive, it should not worry you. It is just a game not a competition to see who is the top player. For those who take the any game seriously you will always be disappointed and frustrated.

9. Once again someone wants everything to be easy, then people will quickly get tired of playing the game. There has to be some difficulty. If you pay attention in where you are in the game the mistakes should be minimized including accident click on maps or items you do not want.

10. again when people pay attention to what they are doing mistakes could be avoided. There are hundreds of players playing different styles, the game can not be individualized so that they computer can check every bodies warehouse to see what they have or not have. Yes, It is annoying but it is something people have wished to changed. The game is standardized so everybody is treated the same.

11. Again people want sometimes want the easy way out as they get tired of doing repetitive actions. To play a game you need to put some effort into it. If every game is easy to play people will quickly get bored and abandon the game.

For some people this is only a casual game be enjoyed but for others it has become obsession to succeed in which could be unhealthy.

volly

150+ Star Club
@Cosmic Blue : with your question about #3 - an example would be I try for the "Strangers on a Tram" collection for 10 times and I can get the Investment bank building. I have NO idea if the building actually is a building or simply an item that is part of another collection. (for example you can get a space suit when you complete the Astronaut Outfit collection and that item is used for a rocket launch.)
Being able to click on said item one can get when completing the collection and knowing what it is and what it does - that is what I'm saying is needed here.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
@Cosmic Blue : with your question about #3 - an example would be I try for the "Strangers on a Tram" collection for 10 times and I can get the Investment bank building. I have NO idea if the building actually is a building or simply an item that is part of another collection. (for example you can get a space suit when you complete the Astronaut Outfit collection and that item is used for a rocket launch.)
Being able to click on said item one can get when completing the collection and knowing what it is and what it does - that is what I'm saying is needed here.

i understand what you are saying, but they type of building you are getting as a reward, tells you a little about it.

Take your example.
Investment bank is a commercial building which means it will produce coins. Since it is not an easy building to get, I believe you will approximately 400/500 coins in either one or two days.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
I'm NOT in a rush to get through the game. I'm enjoying the journey. The rant is to point out things that if corrected would greatly add to my enjoyment.

I was generalizing and not accusing anyone is specific. I choose my words carefully.

And yes I understand you are blowing off steam, unfortunately this is a game for the masses. Something has to be sacrificed in your case it is the level of enjoyment.

In my case, I am some what competitive but at times the games seems to be holding me back. But I just treat it as casual game with faults in it.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
    1. one cheats
    2. is really high level
      ----

-V

Hey! I'll answer you here, but, please, everyone, that's not an invitation to use news section for suggestions (and I can't possibly answer everyone anyway).

1. That limit is not going to dissappear, and for better or worse that's not a decision I can revert. However, just as someone suggested here on the forum, we might go the way of raising it through in-game means (like, collecting some stuff) some day.

2. There was a suggestion from one of the members of our team — scroll to the completed collection only the first time you open Collections, so that the high level players with lots of ready-to-be-complete collections don't have to see them everytime they open collections menu. However, since that didn't exactly bring joy to majority of players (including myself as a player), we'll be reverting it to the old way with next update.

3. A hint within a hint isn't a very good interface option, but yes, that's something we can improve. But don't you love the mystery of finding out that you've worked a month to get a "useless coin building" or "useless passenger building"? Anyway, it's either you're not into buildings or you're trying to get all of them because that's what city building games are about.

4. The reason is called "we didn't get to it yet, because it's more complex than it sounds". We had in-game chat for alliances for awhile, but it was so hopelessly broken we had to turn it off until we can make it work like it should. We'll get to it eventually (it doesn't sound too promising, I know, but that's the best I can do for now).

5. Yep, there is a reason for those buttons being where they are: low resolution devices, where everything has to fit within a small frame. There is an issue of interface being cluttered with new buttons, but it's something we can't change without being rather drastic — and we're not eager to be too drastic with those matters.

6. Sorting missions so you can more easily follow your progress is neat, but once again it's not a feature that could be considered 'core' to Airport City, hence low priority for us to do.

7. No good reason why you shouldn't be able to do that. It's been awhile on the long list of our 'future updates'.

8. We had massive bans of players who played on Google Play from modified APKs two weeks ago, around 8000 people (yes, that's right, eight thousand) were banned for cheating and removed from all ratings. And those bans continue. However, there're other known ways for cheating that still need to be dealt with, and that's a high priority for us.

9. If you activate the second map to the same flight, the time will add to the time of the first one. Not really an issue, if you ask me. If you don't want two of them — don't activate two of them.

10. It's a feature we can add in future updates, yep.

11. 'Collect all' as in 'collect every single thing that's ready to collect' is not happening but wait a few more days until the next update, and you'll see what an approach we have in mind for that feature. NB: you need to be in an alliance to see that for yourself.

volly

150+ Star Club
Free2Play
Thank you so much for responding to my rant. Concerning #3 - Sorry - I do not like the mystery. Its not that I don't like buildings. I do! Let me give you an example of why I ask for this feature - the gas station building you get when completing the Black Gold collection. To me - would this building improve my fuel count or does it just give coin? I have no idea. Take a look at this picture I've included talking about the building in question - it be easy to add the additional information concerning the building in the current popup. I put in text where the info could be put.
Screenshot_20170630-221653.png

Top Bottom