Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Feeling guilty

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Planespotter85
Username
Josh-70
So - gotta ask. Are you still feeling guilty for not spending more real $$ after this debacle of an update? :D:D:D
Good question.. no I'm not ,, I just cant understand how anyone could think this was a good idea ... The rewards are embarrassing I would not buy these if I could

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
You guys aren't seeing the whole picture. All alliance members need to fly 500+ to multiple destinations to get 20 alliance points. If my alliance would have had all 5 members rather than just 3 then I believe it would be less per individual but the same per alliance.

My alliance usually got 1 point a week. We should be able to fly enough this week to get 1 point again. Nothing has really changed for us except more destinations to three star. However, those destinations are not always available for flight. It gives you more incentive to work on alliance tasks while they are open. Who knows when the same destination will become active again and you can try to finish the three stars.

The real question is, has anyone got the bar at the bottom to move off of 0 and to 1 point for the alliance?

@Dan well the alliance I am in is full with 12 of 12 I would need to fly 878 flights in a week to get my 3 tasks done.
All three tasks need flight items ignoring the turbo prop task I have a giant and a thunderbird task. Those 2 tasks
need 1,366 flight items, 249,450 pax and 31,520 fuel. That is the whole picture and is completely ridiculous to think
anyone who is not cheating could do this on a consistent basis. The real sticking point is the flight items and fuel that
is an enormous amount any way you slice it.

It varied but the fact remains several members would have to finish all 3 tasks and pretty much
everyone else would need to finish 2 of 3. The big picture also brings those flight items back into
the forefront. I'm seriously not going to quit playing the entire rest of the game to try and collect
the minimum of 500+ flight items for that week. It is not sustainable and truly a very poorly thought
out aspect. I won't even get into the fact that not including my fuel ring accounts I don't get that many
gifts per week.

And don't forget to factor in the new 100 item limit. I have to fly 525 flights to Belize (thunderbird). With the next new update, I can apparently only have 100 beds and 100 e-readers on hand - use those up and WAIT for gifts and/or my furniture factories to produce more.

Edit: Updated my android game to 5.4.16 - I had 210 landing lamps, flew to Turkish Coast with instant return - it let me keep the landing lamp for 211. So, so far, no limit of 100.

Last edited:

FlyingFalcon

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vyyq0j
Username
Ben
The title of this thread is feeling guilty and it started out as feeling guilty for not having anything to spend real $$ on. I'm starting to feel guilty for having spent money on a game that the developers keep making less and less fun to play. What fun is a game when it gets to the point of making it nearly impossible to accomplish missions. It sort of takes the wind out from under your wings when they take away things that you earned or purchased. I cannot figure out why GI is ruining the game! I hope Free2Play is reading these post and making a quick scramble to reset some of their sanctions on the game before we loose a bunch of good flyers.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
@Dan well the alliance I am in is full with 12 of 12 I would need to fly 878 flights in a week to get my 3 tasks done.
All three tasks need flight items ignoring the turbo prop task I have a giant and a thunderbird task. Those 2 tasks
need 1,366 flight items, 249,450 pax and 31,520 fuel. That is the whole picture and is completely ridiculous to think
anyone who is not cheating could do this on a consistent basis. The real sticking point is the flight items and fuel that
is an enormous amount any way you slice it.
Look it from other perspective, how many flights you need to get your usual amount of points? On the other hand cheaters exist as one or two alliance members and they are doing it for rest of the team. Now their impact will not matter as they will not be able to reach first milestone as they don't have help from rest of members. Also they switched few aliances per week to cover more other players. I think that was the main rationale for this change.

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Look it from other perspective, how many flights you need to get your usual amount of points? On the other hand cheaters exist as one or two alliance members and they are doing it for rest of the team. Now their impact will not matter as they will not be able to reach first milestone as they don't have help from rest of members. Also they switched few aliances per week to cover more other players. I think that was the main rationale for this change.
There is a Huge difference in the fact we suddenly have to do exactly the flights they tell us to do.
Now you should do this on top of trying to fly to the normal destinations you need for events, Stars, items, adventure and so on.
Before those flights all counted now you need both...

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Planespotter85
Username
Josh-70
The title of this thread is feeling guilty and it started out as feeling guilty for not having anything to spend real $$ on. I'm starting to feel guilty for having spent money on a game that the developers keep making less and less fun to play. What fun is a game when it gets to the point of making it nearly impossible to accomplish missions. It sort of takes the wind out from under your wings when they take away things that you earned or purchased. I cannot figure out why GI is ruining the game! I hope Free2Play is reading these post and making a quick scramble to reset some of their sanctions on the game before we loose a bunch of good flyers.
Well put .. can't see long term future in this game anymore

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
There is a Huge difference in the fact we suddenly have to do exactly the flights they tell us to do.
Now you should do this on top of trying to fly to the normal destinations you need for events, Stars, items, adventure and so on.
Before those flights all counted now you need both...
I'm in same position as all of you but was looking for a rationale of change. We all need to see how system will work. I remember when alliance was introduced. There were a lot of bad comments about it but it stopped, people adopt to it. Time will tell. More coordinetion within alliance is required if you want to achieve any milestone.

Jay J

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Pls see signature
Username
jj- / minime-
1. No.
2. Actual #member at the time of weekly reset. Those who join an alliance during the week will get to participate starting next week. However, missions are more difficult for alliances that don't have max. amount of members. Missions for alliances with 3/4 members will be harder than for 4/4 members, for example.
3. If a member leaves the alliance, you'll not be able to complete your alliance mission 100% that week, because the number of tasks to complete will stay the same. Therefore the alliances that have a tendency to frequently expel their members, will have a hard time earning many reputation points.

Thank you, Ivan, for your answers, which lead to the following questions:

1) What will be the reward for completing alliance missions 100%?
2) Do we still get alliance reward chests from rankings? Or rewards given only based on completing missions?
3) Do you think it is possible to complete all alliance tasks, especially with the new 100 limit? Or is it designed to be "missions impossible" for normal players?
4) Is there a time window allowed to leave one alliance right after weekly reset and join a new one without having to wait a week to get alliance mission?

Thanks again in advance for your reply.
Jay

(edited to add question 4)

Last edited:

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
The numbers each individual needs to fly should be the numbers for the whole alliance. In my mind, there would be team tasks that all needed to work toward not individual tasks that would negatively affect the rest of the team.

Personally, I'm going to continue playing the events, flying adventure flights, building my city, 3 starring my destinations. If the alliance fiasco stays this way there is no point in belonging to an alliance but there is still plenty to do without an alliance.

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
Thank you, Ivan, for your answers, which lead to the following questions:

1) What will be the reward for completing alliance missions 100%?
2) Do we still get alliance reward chests from rankings? Or rewards given only based on completing missions?
3) Do you think it is possible to complete all alliance tasks, especially with the new 100 limit? Or is it designed to be "missions impossible" for normal players?
4) Is there a time window allowed to leave one alliance right after weekly reset and join a new one without having to wait a week to get alliance mission?

Thanks again in advance for your reply.
Jay

(edited to add question 4)
1) Reward for Completing Task 100% is 20 Alliance Reputation Points and Golden Megaphone Bonus.
2) You will still get Alliance Maps from Rankings not by completing Alliance Tasks.
3) It's already Mission Impossible even without 100 Limit.
4) If you leave an Alliance, You will get Alliance task on next reset and there's no time to join a new Alliance without loosing Alliance tasks.

Device
  1. Android
1) Reward for Completing Task 100% is 20 Alliance Reputation Points and Golden Megaphone Bonus.
2) You will still get Alliance Maps from Rankings not by completing Alliance Tasks.
3) It's already Mission Impossible even without 100 Limit.
4) If you leave an Alliance, You will get Alliance task on next reset and there's no time to join a new Alliance without loosing Alliance tasks.
So, there is no break window?
You have to lost a week progress to join other alliance.
Great system.
I agree if you left in the mid week you cant join the tasks, but after?
What is wrong in changing alliance so we have to be punished a week?

Device
  1. Android
I think this not so bad as it is peventing cheaters to seitch alliances and do many passengers in few alliances.
Kesh, I mean, when Tasks finish and we got the reward, there should be few hours time for us to choose what alliance we want to join.
For example, if you have 2 more spots, 2 Pilots who will join, will not get tasks for the week after join.
I trully agree with the moving during the week.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Kesh, I mean, when Tasks finish and we got the reward, there should be few hours time for us to choose what alliance we want to join.
For example, if you have 2 more spots, 2 Pilots who will join, will not get tasks for the week after join.
I trully agree with the moving during the week.
but you know that in few hours cheater could make a significant benefit for new alliance. I'd allow switching alliance but not to allow passenger count for current week. This way you could switch alliance but could not affect rankings in new one (i'm not it so don't know how could this be programmed).

Device
  1. Android
but you know that in few hours cheater could make a significant benefit for new alliance. I'd allow switching alliance but not to allow passenger count for current week. This way you could switch alliance but could not affect rankings in new one (i'm not it so don't know how could this be programmed).
The problem is passenger count.
If I move in the middle of the week, I may lost the alliance task, but I can still help new alliance.
So not related.

My question is if somebody want to join my alliance, than after task finish and get the reward, he join mine, why he cant do the task for a week?

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
i believe that tasks are generated at reset and they will be related to current level of alliance and number of people in it at the time of reset on sunday. Additional member would change all parameters.

Top Bottom