Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Expensive Buildings

Device
  1. Windows PC
I look at these commercial buildings that become available as my level rises to the mid 40s and I can’t think of any good reason to buy them. The economics are horrible. For example, why would I buy the science museum at 420,000 only to yield at most 423 coins per day. It would take almost 3 years just to break even. Am I missing something?
Yes, almost 3 years to break even, but that is because you are isolating all other sources of income.
Dont forget that all the coins you get from tapping other buildings also goes into your investments. I bet that your Control Tower was upgraded with coins from all the taps you have done, and not just the income you'd get from flights.

Imo its worth it. In the beginning I was playing constantly, only to get coins, exp and level up faster. The car-dealer shop gives a huge output pr hour, but that also required me to play every 20 mins.
As more I levelled up, I've cut down the amount of time I play and I now tend to log in hourly or just daily.
If I were to log in once a day, I'd rather tap a building gives me 423 coins, rather than getting 2 coins from the burgershop ;)
If you play several times a day, an hourly output would be good for you or even shorter.
For now, I've settled for 4+ hour buildings, because I have enough freetime to log in almost every 4 hour.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20x2xkow
Username
CrashFree
I look at these commercial buildings that become available as my level rises to the mid 40s and I can’t think of any good reason to buy them. The economics are horrible. For example, why would I buy the science museum at 420,000 only to yield at most 423 coins per day. It would take almost 3 years just to break even. Am I missing something?
The most expensive commercial building I can see myself buying is the Water Park. It is possible that I might eventually buy a Private Clinic, purely because I've got a quest to do so. But, it won't be any time soon.

Yes, almost 3 years to break even, but that is because you are isolating all other sources of income.
Dont forget that all the coins you get from tapping other buildings also goes into your investments. I bet that your Control Tower was upgraded with coins from all the taps you have done, and not just the income you'd get from flights.

Imo its worth it. In the beginning I was playing constantly, only to get coins, exp and level up faster. The car-dealer shop gives a huge output pr hour, but that also required me to play every 20 mins.
As more I levelled up, I've cut down the amount of time I play and I now tend to log in hourly or just daily.
If I were to log in once a day, I'd rather tap a building gives me 423 coins, rather than getting 2 coins from the burgershop ;)
If you play several times a day, an hourly output would be good for you or even shorter.
For now, I've settled for 4+ hour buildings, because I have enough freetime to log in almost every 4 hour.

I suppose for higher level players who’s buildings are fully upgraded you could make a case for it but for mid level players who are trying to raise capital to upgrade buildings, runways, planes etc it doesn’t make sense.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20x2xkow
Username
CrashFree
I agree, especially if as B-Avg says you don’t log in as often.
Yes, although how much money is collected, at whatever rate, is only really relevant once the building has paid for itself. Otherwise, you're just reducing the amount you spent on it and not gaining anything at all.
I think if I ever purchased one of these, I'd have to try and forget it cost any coins to buy and focus on the income.

Most buildings are non-essential, even the expensive ones.
Some are required for the side tasks, but visiting neighbour's buildings are usually acceptable.
So you do not need to build every building, and if you can ignore the incomplete side tasks, good for you.

Expensive buildings are diversions designed to deplete your coins, so that you do not have enough coins when it is time to build the essential buildings like Control Tower upgrades, Red Launch Pad, MCC 1,2,3, Runway upgrades, etc.

After all, what GI wants is for you to spend more money to buy coins, greens, tokens etc.

Do the math and build the buildings that suits your style of play.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
No. You can't say that bad investment is a good investment, because you have other income sources to cover it's loses.

Skipping the Science Museum will leave you with more coins for 3 years than building it, that's the end of story. You can build it because you like the way it looks. You can build it to show off how rich you are. Your satisfaction is perfectly valid reason to spend. But such buildings are consumption, not investment.

Top Bottom