Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Change the language of the game

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
I'd like to be able to choose in which language I play the game. I'm German but I prefer to use this forum over a German one since there are far more active players here. Whenever I post something here, I always need to check how the game designers named something in English that I see in German in my game. If there was a switch to simply change from German to English, that would make this much easier. E.g. in my previous post, I suggested an additional tab in the flights screen. In German, they are labeled "Stufe 1-20" and so on and I assume it is "Stage 1-20" in English but it might just as well be something else.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
I'd like to be able to choose in which language I play the game. I'm German but I prefer to use this forum over a German one since there are far more active players here. Whenever I post something here, I always need to check how the game designers named something in English that I see in German in my game. If there was a switch to simply change from German to English, that would make this much easier. E.g. in my previous post, I suggested an additional tab in the flights screen. In German, they are labeled "Stufe 1-20" and so on and I assume it is "Stage 1-20" in English but it might just as well be something else.
You can but you need to change language in your computer system settings. Game is picking it from your system.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
You can but you need to change language in your computer system settings. Game is picking it from your system.

Thanks for the hint but that is a bit too much since it would also change the layout of the keyboard and such. A simple entry or dropbox in the games settings would be nice.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Thanks for the hint but that is a bit too much since it would also change the layout of the keyboard and such. A simple entry or dropbox in the games settings would be nice.
Agree that it require some changes in general, but keyboard can be set up separately. I have English win 10 and Croatian keyboard (I could never do anything in my local language system)

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
@Phyllo That's a feature of the OS. This way the devs don't actually have to code any language-switching mechanics. They just throw in several languages and the OS picks the best one. Overriding this system is nothing even remotely "simple", it takes lots of work and it pretty much means that it'll work better for you but everybody else will complain.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
A game doesn't have to pull the setting from the OS. Another mobile game I play lets you switch the language on the fly from a config menu, just as @Phyllo described. And I used it just as he suggested, when I wanted to communicate with some teammates in Spain. I would switch the game to Spanish to see what things were called in Spanish, to facilitate conversation and strategizing.

Top Bottom