Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General 100 item limit and fuel rings?

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03w7lq6q
Username
Andy
I've been wondering about this for a while now.
I'm relatively new to the game and so I have the maximum 100 of each item in the warehouse limit on my game. Does this effectively mean there is no point in trying to join or create a fuel ring?
I would max out the 100 Fuel (20) items in 5 days...
And emptying it every 5 days or so is not a viable proposition - you'd achieve a limited run on time-limited maps and you'd effectively be wasting any bonuses if you were to use one.
Or am I wrong in this thinking?
Thanks!

I'm relatively new to the game and so I have the maximum 100 of each item in the warehouse limit on my game. Does this effectively mean there is no point in trying to join or create a fuel ring?
And emptying it every 5 days or so is not a viable proposition - you'd achieve a limited run on time-limited maps and you'd effectively be wasting any bonuses if you were to use one.
Thanks!
I am fighting for the 100 item limit with Gi, and their respose is almost like "shut up and just play, this is a free game."

Thanks!
You can keep fuel in the gift list until you are ready to use it.

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
Thanks!

I agree with @benfly123 ... although it will no doubt be a pain, when you hit the 100 limit, keep fuel in your waiting gift queue until it becomes too much of a hassle. Then fly maps, using up the 100 units, accept the 100 gifts in waiting until warehouse full again, use it up on flying maps. You have then used 4,000 units of fuel and completed 78 flights to space/adventure maps using turbo prop.

If you're willing to do this, you can keep up to 300 gifts in the queue waiting to be taken. So in theory, you can have 100 barrels of fuel in the warehouse + 300 barrels in the gift queue, giving you 8,000 units of fuel. That's almost enough for 100 flights to space/adventure maps using jet.

I have a support account that also has the 100 item limit and am dealing with the same situation you are in. It can be done, it's a matter of patience and tolerance of the really, really, really poor decision on GI's part to institute the limit in a failed attempt to accomplish whatever objective they thought it would.

slanghanger

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Slanghanger
Username
Slanghanger
Thanks!
as already PhactorPhil and BenFly said, keep it in your gifting list. its the only way to get "more" than 100 F20. anyway a fuel ring for me is always a good thing. you can also speed up your flight daily :)

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03w7lq6q
Username
Andy
I didn't realize you could keep items in the queue...
That's an interesting thought, although as mentioned, not without a massive hassle.
Thanks everyone!

I don't understand what objective GI wanted to achieve - this puts older players at a massive advantage over all newcomers!
If you wanted to get people to spend greens - well, make them pay for unlimited storage. Don't just limit it without options.

slanghanger

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Slanghanger
Username
Slanghanger
That's an interesting thought, although as mentioned, not without a massive hassle.
Thanks everyone!

I don't understand what objective GI wanted to achieve - this puts older players at a massive advantage over all newcomers!
If you wanted to get people to spend greens - well, make them pay for unlimited storage. Don't just limit it without options.
im absolutely with you! i dont have the limit but its just not fair to all other newer players..

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20x2xkow
Username
CrashFree
Yes, you can and that's fine to a point. But, then you'll need more than 100 flight items for destinations. And it's now impossible to stock up on catering, blankets, etc. 300 inbox slots don't take that long to fill up, and it's not possible to keep everything. Alliance missions are a particular problem.
I'm beginning to get very fed up with this limit.

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
100 limit is crazy because i need 450 of 1 item for an alliance task, no way i am getting 350 gifts during the week

some users have approx 850 each week

That's a great point. I hadn't considered that if a weekly alliance task requires 400 landing lamps, and you can't store more than 100 landing lamps, one would have a very difficult time completing the task.

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but although your queue only shows up to ~300gifts, more can still sit in the twilight zone (GI server). I cleared 300 out a few days ago on return from a trip and 150+ more came through not long after.
BFly4 gift list is clogged with AR, SW, LL, SF and PRT. I often get more than 300 gifts. When I get some of those gifts, I often get more gifts.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but although your queue only shows up to ~300gifts, more can still sit in the twilight zone (GI server). I cleared 300 out a few days ago on return from a trip and 150+ more came through not long after.
Yes you are correct. However i think there is a limit now but haven't let my gifts build up again to prove or disprove it. The best i could figure (i wasn't collecting data because i didn't know it was an issue) is 300 unopened and uncollected and 150-200 unseen and uncollected.
I don't know if opened and not returned gifts affects these numbers. Like i said i didn't keep data because i didn't think it was an issue until it was too late to keep data.
Based on your trip and how often you collected during it, your observations are the same as mine.

This was definitely a bad idea by GI and counter productive for generating income.
Look at catering, blankets etc. where you can pay to increase production. Who in their
right mind would pay to increase production when it will just make reaching this limit
much quicker. I believe this decision might have been when I quit buying greens on
a regular basis to support the game, even when I did not need them.

As I said then I still am not convinced they will not institute this game wide because
of the patently unfair game play between longer term players and newer. IMO this limit will
eventually hit everyone or be scrapped( which it should be)

Regarding the alliance tasks this was mentioned immediately when they came out. It was
quite obvious there would be no way to finish many weekly tasks with this limit. It did not
stop cheating as it is still pretty rampant. A small amount of thought would have shown this
limit would not stop cheaters, if indeed that was why they did it. Not certain they ever gave
any explanation of why it was instituted but that was one of the guesses as to the reasoning.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I wish we could have a sitdown with a few GI members and forum members (representatives from both the older and newer generation) and have a discussion about things like these. Would be cool if Ivan shared some insight for the motivation behind this. I was fortunate to avoid this situation by starting before it was implemented, but I feel it for younger players; the limit just isn't fair. Even though I dont have a limit, I am in fear of if my game ever needs to be reinstalled. They have done plenty of questionable things, but that 99 limit takes the cake. It doesn't benefit anyone, and makes certain tasks impossible. GI...please....listen to the players for goodness sake.

This was definitely a bad idea by GI and counter productive for generating income.
Look at catering, blankets etc. where you can pay to increase production. Who in their
right mind would pay to increase production when it will just make reaching this limit
much quicker. I believe this decision might have been when I quit buying greens on
a regular basis to support the game, even when I did not need them.

As I said then I still am not convinced they will not institute this game wide because
of the patently unfair game play between longer term players and newer. IMO this limit will
eventually hit everyone or be scrapped( which it should be)

Regarding the alliance tasks this was mentioned immediately when they came out. It was
quite obvious there would be no way to finish many weekly tasks with this limit. It did not
stop cheating as it is still pretty rampant. A small amount of thought would have shown this
limit would not stop cheaters, if indeed that was why they did it. Not certain they ever gave
any explanation of why it was instituted but that was one of the guesses as to the reasoning.
I agree. If everyone was subject to the limit, then cheaters would have a bigger advantage than honest users. Honest users couldn't save up fuel and items to even try and compete with cheaters.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20x2xkow
Username
CrashFree
I wish we could have a sitdown with a few GI members and forum members (representatives from both the older and newer generation) and have a discussion about things like these. Would be cool if Ivan shared some insight for the motivation behind this. I was fortunate to avoid this situation by starting before it was implemented, but I feel it for younger players; the limit just isn't fair. Even though I dont have a limit, I am in fear of if my game ever needs to be reinstalled. They have done plenty of questionable things, but that 99 limit takes the cake. It doesn't benefit anyone, and makes certain tasks impossible. GI...please....listen to the players for goodness sake.
It would be slightly less awful if the game logic took the 100 limit into account. So, that players with it did not get alliance missions which need more than 100 items. Or that instead of planes dropping items that couldn't be picked up, they dropped something else. At least then it would be a bit more balanced. Instead we have a game that's built on logic which assumes infinite storage, when often, that is no longer the case.

Top Bottom