Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows update is in the store - what are the risks?

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please Message me to request
Username
gbs
I have been reading on some other platforms that people have lost, or gained Fuel 20 in their gifting list. I spent ages developing a new drone game (and bought a windows tablet for the purpose) just to be able to send fuel 20 to my neighbours - if I lost that I would be really cross.

I hope people will post details of their experience with the update for windows soon

Davejoyg

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
davejoyg, djg#
Gifts changed drastically (total reset, my drones lost the fuel 20 they had). Also, I lost 100% of my neighbors on the drone accounts i have updated so far

Some other things
- Fixed zoom via mouse wheel on Windows 10
- Some aircraft reset where they were at (had some in the air that suddenly were in the hanger)
- One account re-received the gifts I had just accepted.
- Can no longer click outside a box to make it go away. You must click Okay or the "X" in the upper right corner (really annoying)
- When clicking on coins/passengers, the items "drift" up to the toolbar slower. So when clicking lots of stuff to clear, the process is slower
- default sound/music is turned back on if you had it off
- The window sizes for the message boxes is not correctly reading the screen resolution so they appear way too big (at least on my PC)
- Buildings have changed in visual design (more graphical)

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
.........and now for the bad news.............

Since this mornings game upgrade - I've lost all my neighbours and my friends code has changed. I will need to start from stratch with my neighbours list, do not really have the time to do this. I've not bothered to list all of the other problems following the upgrade.

My red flight is also lost and 20,000 coins and two chest's

What a great disappointment!

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
That's hardly a problem now that you can re-add them again. It has good sides too: you can get rid of all the people who don't play or hijack your launches : )

Yes, its very true and your quite right. Fortunately I have my paper copy of all neighbours names so it should not take too long to re-add.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
My biggest gripe is that there's a big chance my Fuel20 gift would get changed to Passengers10 :(

EDIT: And this: "- Can no longer click outside a box to make it go away. You must click Okay or the "X" in the upper right corner (really annoying)"

Last edited:
My biggest gripe is that there's a big chance my Fuel20 gift would get changed to Passengers10 :(

EDIT: And this: "- Can no longer click outside a box to make it go away. You must click Okay or the "X" in the upper right corner (really annoying)"

I can almost guarantee your F20 will change.
I see your point @Agent_L ,however, there are those(like me) who do not have any unwanted neighbors within their list. My WP2 was made specifically to control who was in my neighbor list. Luckily they did not add random idiots like they did on WP. Those with hundreds of neighbors this will be a fairly big pain to reconcile for them. Of course we have not gotten far enough to have all our new progress disappear and return us to level 60 which has happened on other platforms. I believe I read a couple days ago about it still happening so yes some more great additions to look forward to.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I can almost guarantee your F20 will change.
I see your point @Agent_L ,however, there are those(like me) who do not have any unwanted neighbors within their list. My WP2 was made specifically to control who was in my neighbor list. Luckily they did not add random idiots like they did on WP. Those with hundreds of neighbors this will be a fairly big pain to reconcile for them. Of course we have not gotten far enough to have all our new progress disappear and return us to level 60 which has happened on other platforms. I believe I read a couple days ago about it still happening so yes some more great additions to look forward to.
Yeah, I also avoid adding people if possible. But I imagine that those who keep tight lists, like you and me, have an out-of-game list (I have in my gifting spreadsheet) so restoring lost neighbors is merely a formality.

Davejoyg

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
davejoyg, djg#
Yeah, I also avoid adding people if possible. But I imagine that those who keep tight lists, like you and me, have an out-of-game list (I have in my gifting spreadsheet) so restoring lost neighbors is merely a formality.

I was in the middle of putting my list back together after losing it on my last PC. I forgot that app auto-updates was on last night when I went to bed so this morning I got up and all my airports were updated.

Since there is a new code, that means everyone will need to go back to their neighbors to get the code again. Unfortunately I had a couple neighbors that were not forum members that I had been trading gifts routinely with for over a year. I don't know how to get those back as I never had their code or any contact method

Davejoyg

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
davejoyg, djg#
And also, send in return doesn't work if you don't have that item currently in your gifting list. All you can send is fuel(3) or passengers(5).

Send in return is a little different now. When you click "Take" on a gift the gift picture will change to what you are actually sending back. This seems to be the same as it is on the Android version.

Speaking of Android...my primary Windows game is now connected to my Android accounts. It was weird that I lost all of my Windows neighbors but gained three Android neighbors. I even received gifts from those accounts I had been sending for ages. This was a nice bonus since previously cross platform connections did not work. I will need to test this some more over the next couple days.

Davejoyg

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
davejoyg, djg#
Here is a surprise...one airport has no friend code...

upload_2016-8-26_8-17-38.png

Well actually I do not keep a list and do not track gifts I just send in order and keep repeating. Luckily I read about the update and my game had not updated yet. So disconnected from net went to both games and took screenies of all neighbors as well as many other things.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
w111vom
Username
Disaster Airline
Just Updated To Version 4.7.12.0 Big Mistake On My Part Lost Several Pieces Of Land Lost Flights Already Flown To Lost Over 200 Neighbors Lost Over 300,000 Coins Gained Airport Cash Buildings Are Backward My Oh My What A Wonderful Day

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
23f9bjy9
Username
jaume
I don't like the new version. Some changes are good, but some are just shit:
I hate to close all windows using the close button.
The new gifting system is horrible and slow.
When I've been playing for a while and I try to visit a neighbour, the game crashes. But the game also fails on many other occasions, Since I updated, I have played for 2 or 3 hours and the game has crashed a dozen times.
And the new interface, although it's very efficient when loading the game or when return to it from another application, it makes slower to play. For me, it has become a boring game.
Neighbors lost also piss me.

I'll wait for the next update to see if they polish the game, but if not I probably I will do something that will make my wife very happy: Gradually stop playing.

Top Bottom