Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Strategies for the GIANT Planes

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I've been playing my Waverly huff iPad game for almost two years now. I check in many times during the day so I have plenty of coins. My strategy thus far has been to sell my existing nine planes and buy whatever plane is necessary to achieve the latest quest or to collect destination stars. I'm currently flying nine Powerful Deltas to Heliopolis so I can get the last two stars I need to complete all of the stars for the Sands of Time quest (including the Excavation destinations). I should finish tomorrow.
But now that we have GIANT planes in the game, I have to change my strategy. Here's why. GIANT planes take 50 fuel and 500 passengers per flight. Maximum fuel without getting additional fuel from the depot is 95. That can't even launch two GIANT planes. Furthermore, even with 1490 maximum passengers, that can only launch maybe four GIANT planes, and that's with my Terminal full and all my residential buildings full. So even if I had all GIANT planes, most of them would just sit in the Hangars much of the time doing nothing.
So here's what I'm thinking. When my Level 8 Control Tower is completed, I'll have ten Hangars. I will use my Gold/Silver Tokens to buy two GIANT S1 planes. Those two will fly continuously to Caracas, Oslo, Johannesburg, Toronto and Tortuga. (It will take 750 flights to earn all 15 available stars. 750!) The other eight Hangars will remain empty until the next quest comes along. If the quest uses Delta planes, I'll buy eight Deltas ... if it uses Jets, I'll buy eight Jets. After I've used this strategy for a few days I'll have a better handle on whether I could increase my GIANT S1 planes to three or four. (If only we could store planes in the Warehouse instead of selling them and buying them again and again.)
So ... what does everyone think of this strategy? Any suggestions? Any problems you see down the road? I'd appreciate any and all thoughts on this before I take the big step.
Cheers,
Tom

Hi Tom, sounds like a good strategy. I did have coins saved up to buy the level 8 buildings, but I am now down to roughly $175,000 in coins. Right now I could only buy one Giant plane. However, I like you, was already in the middle of another mission. I am going to finish out my current mission and re-evaluate what to do next. It would be so much nicer if you could store planes in a warehouse!!!

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Hi Tom, sounds like a good strategy. I did have coins saved up to buy the level 8 buildings, but I am now down to roughly $175,000 in coins. Right now I could only buy one Giant plane. However, I like you, was already in the middle of another mission. I am going to finish out my current mission and re-evaluate what to do next. It would be so much nicer if you could store planes in a warehouse!!!

LAX,
Do you have enough Tokens to buy a GIANT S1? It's a great buy because all of the S1 planes cost 10 gold or 100 silver. I never thought buying the S1 planes was practical because of the necessity to sell/buy planes based on the quests. But it makes a lot of sense to use Tokens in this case. It will take so long to fly the 750 flights that the GIANT S1 planes will never lose their value.
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Unfortunately, I do not have enough tokens to buy the S1 planes. I have no gold tokens and I think I have 42 silver. I will definitely be looking to start a launch or two this weekend though, if all of the plans cost that much. I would rather spend 100 silver tokens than $100,000 to buy a Giant!!!

LAX,
Would it be more motivational to do launches if I told you that GIANT planes cost 300,000 coins. Yes, I thought it would. If I see you launching I will try to join you. I say "try" because for my last launch I tried to join a neighbor and got shunted over to my own launch. Had to finish it myself, which depleted my stock of fuel.
Cheers,
Tom

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
My plan was to do something similar, buy a couple Giants and keep them around. Right now there doesn't seem like a rush to get all the stars from the Giant flights... and since there are no buildings as rewards for the associated quests, there isn't much motivation. 2 Giant S1 and keep the other 8 hangers available for shuffling planes for quests sounds like a good idea... I've only been using 8 of my 9 (was saving a fighter jet, but going to replace that with a Giant).

Do you have enough Tokens to buy a GIANT S1? It's a great buy because all of the S1 planes cost 10 gold or 100 silver. I never thought buying the S1 planes was practical because of the necessity to sell/buy planes based on the quests. But it makes a lot of sense to use Tokens in this case. It will take so long to fly the 750 flights that the GIANT S1 planes will never lose their value.
I've never bought an S1 plane (the same reason you've mentioned)... is it 10 gold OR 100 silver? I think it's 10 gold AND 100 silver... just tried to buy a Giant S1 with 4 Gold and 434 Silver in my warehouse with no luck.

I didn't realize the Giants are $300,000 - WOW - that is some good motivation!!!

flip123, that is part of the problem - I don't have ANY of the hidden destination items. That is the mission I am in the middle of - to get my first pyramid. So for me, the only way to get tokens is from launching.

By the way, how do you get gold tokens????

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
I didn't realize the Giants are $300,000 - WOW - that is some good motivation!!!

flip123, that is part of the problem - I don't have ANY of the hidden destination items. That is the mission I am in the middle of - to get my first pyramid. So for me, the only way to get tokens is from launching.

By the way, how do you get gold tokens????

LAX, when you finish a collection for the pyramid you also get a bronz chest. this contains 1 golden and i think 6 silver tokens. by the time you have your pyramid you have 6 golden and 36 silver tokens (pyramids drop collectable items, not tokens)

Suresh

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Message me for code
Username
Suresh
greensmith Sounds like a very good idea (y) You sure are one very big AC addict ;)

Btw i noticed that every new thread is started in 'News Section' instead of 'chat' section of this forum. This thread needs to be in chat sections OR Guide section :p Any views moderators Gt city

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
greensmith Sounds like a very good idea (y) You sure are one very big AC addict ;)
Btw i noticed that every new thread is started in 'News Section' instead of 'chat' section of this forum. This thread needs to be in chat sections OR Guide section :p Any views moderators Gt city

Suresh,
If the moderators want to rearrange the threads to put them in the logical order, be my guest! I have no idea how to do that myself.
That said, most of the organization of this forum is not logical to begin with. Don't get me wrong, I think the forum is great and it would be very difficult to play the game without it. I am iOS. But about half of my neighbors are Android, like you. I'm pretty sure most of the forum members fall into this category. So why isn't there one iOS/Android Airport City Item Trading thread? Why are there Rocket Launch announcements in the Item Trading threads? Why is there a "How do I get more neighbors" section in the Guides thread?
Yes, I am one very big AC addict. But I also play other games (Dragonvale and The Simpsons: Tapped Out to name two). And I have a life. I take great care in sending the right gifts to neighbors; it takes about a half an hour a day to check all my forum neighbors' profiles and make lists of what each of them needs. It would be helpful if every time I clicked on Watch Thread and Send emails I actually got an email. Most of the time this feature just plain doesn't work.
But these are minor quibbles. The forum is great. I am happy. Life is good.
Cheers,
Tom

Tom, I agree with you. I have been using the same strategy, selling all 9 planes & replacing them with the required planes for each quest. This is probably not a viable strategy anymore, so I intend to keep 2 or 3 Giants and rotate only the remaining hangars for quests.

Now, GI usually reserves 1 item that is very rare or not giftable in each quest, but in this update everything seems giftable. I have received at least one item from my neighbours, and the rarest item for me (Fingerprint Printer) is giftable from a few members of the forum.

So I don't see the point to fly the Jumbos as much, as I can probably get the items from neighbours and there are no new stars to be earned from Jumbo flights. However, I still have Excavations: The Ancient World to do, so I guess that will be my quest for the moment.

flip123, I was wondering why I have no Golden token, only the silver ones. Guess I will have to open my 6 Golden & 42 Bronze Chest to find out :)!

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
greensmith Hi Tom, i was only suggesting :rolleyes: My apology if that offended you.
Suresh,
I am totally not offended and I'm sorry if my reply sounded like I was. You brought up a valid point about the organization of the forum and I got on my soapbox because this is a point of frustration for me. As a writer, I'm all about organization ... so sometimes the most minor things -- like in this case -- irritate me. I only meant my comments as constructive criticism. This is the best AC forum around. (I've seen others and, believe me, this is #1.)
Cheers,
Tom

Suresh

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Message me for code
Username
Suresh
Tom,

I think you should become an admin of the forum.
Many previous admins ( @tdv, @Aero, @Melanie) are no longer active, except @Gt city (who is doing a good job (y)).

@Dave, if you are reading this, please do consider adding Tom @greensmith.
Bali Hi You said exactly what i was thinking. This forum is of late been a bit dis-organized. Many of the founding members (Aero tdv Melanie bew0072 Sophie) are no longer active to regulate this forum.

And greensmith You are a welcome addition to this forum. If i see correctly, almost all the quest thread about new destinations and newer promo have been started by you Or you have contributed majorly. You should become a moderator ;)

And Bali Hi It is high time you also take up the role of a moderator :sneaky: Dave

It would be of great help to our presently active moderator Gt city (y)(y)

Top Bottom