Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Santa's Bad Mood

Where can I add myself to the SHOVEL exchange list? I sent out a bunch after event started but only 2 return :(

A lot of us sent our gift quotas out last night and have to wait for the reset tonight to send out a new batch. Also, I'm sure not everybody that you sent to has updated yet. Be patient and the shovels will come!!!

In my initial look at this event, it reminds me very very much of the Age of Ashes event we just had, minus the volcano of course. The time given of 20 days was the same as well, Windows got it 2 days later w/ that event, I'd guess it will be the same again.
So this is my comparison:
  • We must click Snow Banks w/ neighbor gifted Shovels (compare this to Burnt Trees we chopped down with neighbor gifted Chainsaws)
  • We must fly to destinations with Warm Drink which drops from shoveling the snow banks in order to build the Snow Melting Facility (we flew w/ Air Filters to various destinations that dropped from burnt trees in order to acquire items to build the Institute of Volcanology)
  • The Snow Melting Facility will drop Snow Globes (institute dropped Jackhammers to click the Volcano, which then dropped Minerals <-the only difference I can see, so just minus 1 step here)
  • We must also pray that in harvesting Snow Banks with Shovels, it will also drop items for the Green Belt Collection (Burnt Trees also dropped items for the Gates of Hell Collection)
If you plan to finish this event, start it now! I flew nonstop like crazy and I remember using almost 1000 chainsaws in order to finish the Age of Ash....you are going to need a ton, best of luck and Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
Not sure about the drop rate people have seen for day one. Both of my games have been flying (with mix of all types of planes) all day to the event destinations, maybe three dozens of flights for each game, and only got one drop for the Into the White collection for each game so far. The drop rate for Green Belt is extremely low as well, two for each game. If this is the rate, there is no way to finish this event unless you have a spyglass to use everyday, AND as somebody already said, IF you can eventually finish the event, would be very tight, and you probably should have started 3 days ago.

Natholian1

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Natholian1
So this morning I activated spyglass: every click on a visit to friends dropped a shovel. Every click on a snowdrift in my own city drops a warming drink and within 5 minutes I had my first green belt collection.

Spyglass seems to be the way to finish this minimising use of greenies.

H585

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
H585
Does anyone know what the Snow Melting Facility rate is? Does it drop coins as well? Really interested to see what to coins per time is as those 36coin/20mins, Institute of Volconalogy buildings were the best part of that event.
@BelleAIr Snow melting facility drops 65 coins every 1.5hrs (so a LOT slower than the Institute of Vulcanology!), i've not had any quest items drop yet from 4 visits to each of the two i have - as you say best to get six of them as quickly as possible to improve chances of a drop!

@BelleAIr Snow melting facility drops 65 coins every 1.5hrs, i've not had any quest items drop yet from 4 visits to each of the two i have - as you say best to get six of them as quickly as possible to improve chances of a drop!
Yikes, every 90 minutes will make that bit challenging, especially if the drops are that poor. Thank you very much for the info!

mel

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04chunln
Username
Meli2-what I need most
So this morning I activated spyglass: every click on a visit to friends dropped a shovel. Every click on a snowdrift in my own city drops a warming drink and within 5 minutes I had my first green belt collection.

Spyglass seems to be the way to finish this minimising use of greenies.

I didn't use a spyglass and had the same drop rate.

H585

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
H585
Windows platform - always last, not seeing it yet.

Agree its a proper pain!! :dead: My main account is on andriod but my support account is on windows and i'm forever getting frustrated looking for the new quest locations on my support account only to realise they're not physically there yet!!

Device
  1. Android
Username
Charleene
Hi Dash
They restored my airport on my windows phone , so I was short back there.
I have not found your Invitation. So I sent you one from my side.
Actually I don't have my airport really back.
I have to wait, until they transfer it on my new phone.
But at least, I got my neighbours and alliance back, they needed 6 days to do this......they don't have enough German speaking people.....or they don't like me:sneaky:
I suppose the 2nd is right:unsure:
Have a good day
Greetings

Charleene

Meagansoroka

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
meagansoroka
After one night of flying, I've completed the green belt collection once and I've had one drop from the Into the White collection. This is without using any bonuses. So far, I'd say the drops are better than Age of Ash. I was lucky though and hadn't visited my neighbors yet before the update, so I was able to collect snow shovels as soon as the event started.

Top Bottom