Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Question about changing planes!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ebv1uj
Username
Seoul Pacific
I'm level 28 with 4 Turboprop and 2 jets. I almost 3 star all flights with turboprop, and planning to replace my turbo with jets. Should I replace all or leave some turboprop?

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
I'm level 28 with 4 Turboprop and 2 jets. I almost 3 star all flights with turboprop, and planning to replace my turbo with jets. Should I replace all or leave some turboprop?

Always try to leave at least one type of each aircraft using a reserve hanger. You will need these aircraft to fly special maps (Adventure, Space, Alliance) and for events where special flight destinations are offered.

I currently have 17 aircraft:
2 Powerful Propeller Driven - rotate in and out of reserve hanger to fly weekly alliance missions
2 Turbo Props - rotate in and out of reserve hanger to fly special maps and events
2 Jets - rotate in and out of reserve hanger to fly special maps and events
1 Delta - rotate in and out of reserve hanger to fly special maps and events
1 Powerful Delta - rotate in and out of reserve hanger to fly special maps and events
4 Jumbo - Currently flying standard destinations to complete expert level, plus special maps and events
4 Giant - Recently started flying standard destinations, plus special maps and events
1 Falcon - First flights to standard destinations

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
If your objective is to "3 star" all destinations, then as you achieve this with the smaller planes you can reduce the number of them you have and acquire bigger planes. I have 3 starred all flights up to Powerful Delta and will soon complete the PDs. So I will reduce my PD down to 1 and buy something bigger. As stated above, it is important to keep at least one plane of each type for later in the game. I only have 1 Falcon but two of everything else so probably a Falcon. Its worth counting up the number of flights you need to complete 3 stars with each plane type. I have 281 PDs to fly, 897 Jumbos, 1561 Giants and 4289 Falcons to achieve 3 stars for all destinations so I can see where my plane requirements are.

Happy flying!!

P

These small planes easy to buy so if you complete 3 stars for regular flights with turboprop and you decide to buy jet you can sell all turboprop.
But as you said almost 3 star complete all the 3 star and keep 1 turboprop in reserve Hangar and sell the other 3 turboprop and buy Jet.
Dont forget to start saving the items you need for the Jet (flight and repair items) when you buy more Jet then be ready for repairing this plane too much breakdown.

Always try to leave at least one type of each aircraft using a reserve hanger. You will need these aircraft to fly special maps (Adventure, Space, Alliance) and for events where special flight destinations are offered.

I currently have 17 aircraft:
2 Powerful Propeller Driven - rotate in and out of reserve hanger to fly weekly alliance missions
2 Turbo Props - rotate in and out of reserve hanger to fly special maps and events
2 Jets - rotate in and out of reserve hanger to fly special maps and events
1 Delta - rotate in and out of reserve hanger to fly special maps and events
1 Powerful Delta - rotate in and out of reserve hanger to fly special maps and events
4 Jumbo - Currently flying standard destinations to complete expert level, plus special maps and events
4 Giant - Recently started flying standard destinations, plus special maps and events
1 Falcon - First flights to standard destinations
I understand the strategy for keeping at least one of each aircraft but doesn’t this also mean you need a ton of fuel? How else can you effectively fly maps and events with only 1 or 2 planes unless you speed up with fuel? Even alliance tasks are impossible. I have one PD and this week’s task was 58 flights to Fortaleza. The flight is over 8 hrs so at 2 a day that’s only 14 for the week. This is the dilemma I face as I continue to progress in the game. I don’t know which planes to keep and which to let go.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
I understand the strategy for keeping at least one of each aircraft but doesn’t this also mean you need a ton of fuel? How else can you effectively fly maps and events with only 1 or 2 planes unless you speed up with fuel? Even alliance tasks are impossible. I have one PD and this week’s task was 58 flights to Fortaleza. The flight is over 8 hrs so at 2 a day that’s only 14 for the week. This is the dilemma I face as I continue to progress in the game. I don’t know which planes to keep and which to let go.
You keep the planes that support your game play strategy and that help you to complete the task you enjoy most. So if you plan to fly Alliance tasks then you need lots of fuel and you need a strategy that generates it for you. I will only do an alliance challenge if it is with a small plane and low number of flights. I'm focussed on 3 starring all destinations - everything else is secondary - including events. So, if you make the decisions about how you want to develop your game then it will become clear how you need to structure your plane fleet. There is no right or wrong.

AshPort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03bv6gap
Username
Ashport
i keep 1 powerful prop and then get small amount of alliance flights, then i buy 2 more and get them out of the way, then sell, rinse repeat

Top Bottom