Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New Reserve Hangar

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
They (Ivan or Urquan) mentioned about plane customisation a while back.
Yes I remember that (Ur-quan mentioned it), but I wouldnt think there would be a need to join both hangars together solely for that. There must be something else that influences the gameplay somewhat. Its also interesting that at first, the upgrade costs coins, but the higher end costs lots of gold and silver tokens. That might be an indication that with the new change, people are going to want to expand their fleets. Unless a player's gaming style requires them to have a lot of the larger planes (5 or 6 condors for instance), I don't see a large benefit in expansion under the current game structure, but thats just my opinion.
Love the idea of plane customization though; look forward to it.

Just need speed up for lvl 3 and lvl 4. It’s the info which gets left out each time as it’s not in main screen, but good to know.
20200409_064441.jpg

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20abbw8kh
Username
Husker4ever
So I got hosed, twice.

The first time was when I had upgraded my original reserve hangar to level 2 with coins because the vague language made it appear that it would create not just more available slots to buy with greenies but at least one more open slot, and of course I'd think that because that's what happened when I had upgraded my production facility for helicopter parts-- at level one you can pay greenies for extra slots, but if you use coins to upgrade to level two, you get more slots you can buy with greenies but you also get an added open slot that you don't have to buy with greenies. I don't like spending greenies on stuff like that because I have them committed to buying expansions. So I got hosed, felt duped, when I did that with my reserve hangar and just got extra slots available to purchase with greenies, which I didn't need because I hadn't even used up those slots at level one, not even used one of those spots at level one, but got no extra free slot.

But then the second hangar came available to me as I got to a certain level, so I bought the additional hangar to get that second slot wanted. I didn't keep plains in those slots because plains in the slots count when they're determining not just alliance missions but how many flights are required, ignoring the fact that you don't actually have the stands to fly all those planes, which is what the counts should be based off of. So I kept the slots empty but used them to buy cheap, low-level planes, like Swallows and Owls, for something special I was doing, like an event or use maps, but then would sell them when I was done so that they wouldn't hurt me in respect to my alliance.

Now I've gotten HOSED AGAIN because the new and improved hangar is only giving me one free slot and is asking me for greenies for a second slot! I HAD TWO AVAILABLE SLOTS! One in each hangar. GI should've counted that when they did the upgrade and given me that slot in the new single hangar to make me whole, to restore me to where I was. I mean, I understand if they want to make changes to the game, but in doing so, they shouldn't set players backward. I wonder if I had had a plane in the slot of each of the two hangars what would've have happened. Would they have sold my second plane in my second hangar along with selling my second hangar? Or would I have ended up with two slots containing each of those planes? GI really should post a notice about a change like this before just doing it. This game is all about strategy and planning, so even if it's not opening the door to feedback to possibly tweak the change, it would still give players a chance to play the game, to strategize and plan for what's coming. :/

Not really a question. Just a complaint. Venting.

So I got hosed, twice.

The first time was when I had upgraded my original reserve hangar to level 2 with coins because the vague language made it appear that it would create not just more available slots to buy with greenies but at least one more open slot, and of course I'd think that because that's what happened when I had upgraded my production facility for helicopter parts-- at level one you can pay greenies for extra slots, but if you use coins to upgrade to level two, you get more slots you can buy with greenies but you also get an added open slot that you don't have to buy with greenies. I don't like spending greenies on stuff like that because I have them committed to buying expansions. So I got hosed, felt duped, when I did that with my reserve hangar and just got extra slots available to purchase with greenies, which I didn't need because I hadn't even used up those slots at level one, not even used one of those spots at level one, but got no extra free slot.

But then the second hangar came available to me as I got to a certain level, so I bought the additional hangar to get that second slot wanted. I didn't keep plains in those slots because plains in the slots count when they're determining not just alliance missions but how many flights are required, ignoring the fact that you don't actually have the stands to fly all those planes, which is what the counts should be based off of. So I kept the slots empty but used them to buy cheap, low-level planes, like Swallows and Owls, for something special I was doing, like an event or use maps, but then would sell them when I was done so that they wouldn't hurt me in respect to my alliance.

Now I've gotten HOSED AGAIN because the new and improved hangar is only giving me one free slot and is asking me for greenies for a second slot! I HAD TWO AVAILABLE SLOTS! One in each hangar. GI should've counted that when they did the upgrade and given me that slot in the new single hangar to make me whole, to restore me to where I was. I mean, I understand if they want to make changes to the game, but in doing so, they shouldn't set players backward. I wonder if I had had a plane in the slot of each of the two hangars what would've have happened. Would they have sold my second plane in my second hangar along with selling my second hangar? Or would I have ended up with two slots containing each of those planes? GI really should post a notice about a change like this before just doing it. This game is all about strategy and planning, so even if it's not opening the door to feedback to possibly tweak the change, it would still give players a chance to play the game, to strategize and plan for what's coming. :/

Two thoughts in reply to the above: A) you should have kept the number of open slots, so if you had two before the update and 1 after that, open a ticket and B) upgrade your new reserve hangar to lvl2 - it will cost you 15,000 coins and few items but you will get a second opened slot. And third thought - you should have received coins and gold/silver token compensation after the update /in case you had RH1 lvl2 prior to update it should be 16,000 coins, in case of lvl3 76,000 coins/ so actually the current lvl2 hangar upgrade should be free of charge to you. Additionally Reserve Hangar was well described both in wikia page and in the wiki section of this forum so you were able to find info on the number of open/locked slot for each level. I admit that there is not enough info in the game and that some buildings / bonuses descriptions are bad or even false, but for that reason people created additional information sources ;)

Two thoughts in reply to the above: A) you should have kept the number of open slots, so if you had two before the update and 1 after that, open a ticket and B) upgrade your new reserve hangar to lvl2 - it will cost you 15,000 coins and few items but you will get a second opened slot. And third thought - you should have received coins and gold/silver token compensation after the update /in case you had RH1 lvl2 prior to update it should be 16,000 coins, in case of lvl3 76,000 coins/ so actually the current lvl2 hangar upgrade should be free of charge to you.
But you can understand their logic too. He only had 2 slots in use. Both free. He didn’t pay to upgrade a slot. He would have been compensated in coins for hangar level 2 as he lost it and the free slot as it is part of Hager level 2 which he lost. With the refunded coins now open level 2. No silver or gold as he’s not talking reserve hangar 2 only reserve hangar.

So I got hosed, twice.
... I didn't keep plains in those slots because plains in the slots count when they're determining not just alliance missions but how many flights are required,
A further and final note: the part in bold above it’s simply not true .
The number of flights is determined by: the destination itself; your level in game; the number of vacant places in your alliance. It doesn’t matter if you have 1 or 10 such planes.

Top Bottom