Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New Flight Interface

I dislike and wish there to be an option to revert.
  • Takes up too much of screen (on a tablet)
  • More scrolling & clicking
  • Less Intuitive (e.g. everything is a plane icon; no heli, rocket, etc., Not as obvious always for plane\destination as before, pop-up window is too big and obstructs collected objects [they show behind], etc.)
  • Fancy isn't better
  • Who designs this stuff? 🤔:wtf:
🤬 😭🤬

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
042lqqdza
Username
Emaaa
  • Less Intuitive (e.g. everything is a plane icon; no heli, rocket, etc., Not as obvious always for plane\destination as before, pop-up window obstructs collected objects [they show behind], etc.)
  • Fancy isn't better
🤬 😭🤬
Fully agree, and, u can't make which aircraft is flying the distenation when flight is active by only looking at the aircraft icon, now all icons are the same on the right side

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
There are things I really like about the new interface the things I don't like at all

Things I really like:
- Can see the total number of flights you have done to any destination
- immediate jump to the top 100 for a destination
- you can see story missions associated with the destination
- flights are separated by plane type
- access to bonuses at the top of the screen
- the way they show the applied bonuses in the middle rather than all overlapped at the top of the screen

Things I really don't like:
- no images of the planes so unless you know destination/plane type by heart it's hard to tell which flight you're speeding up
- After speeding up flights, the interface is inconsistent. Sometimes the sped up flight stays where it is before the "complete" icon appears. Sometimes it pops right to the top of the screen and you have to scroll to go find it (hint - it should stay in the same place and the speed up button should change to complete button)
- It's nearly impossible to use the 30sec flight speed up at the end of the flight. The interface pops up and disappears before you can tap it almost every time (certainly a bug)
- when you enter the flight screen from the radar, it rarely displays the correct flight (i.e. the one you tapped on)

Things that could be improved
- the numbers for how many flights you've completed is quite small - it could be larger
- great opportunity to add the total number of items on hand in the warehouse here (i.e 17/1 earplugs)

One other non-related thing. They changed the way collection scrolling/targeting worked a few releases back. I used to be able to collect Ancient Reptiles (once or more and the game would keep coming back to the collection if there were more to open) and when I returned back in the collection screen, the game would target the next available complete collection (maybe Smart and Smarter). Now, after opening all Ancient Reptiles (or another collection in that same style) when there are no more to open, the game returns to the top of the standard collections (usually lost and found for me). It means when you're opening lots of different collections, you're scrolling a lot more than before.

Last edited:
I’m going to go against the thread here, I like it but there are a few tweaks I think it needs.

I love the total flights counter, would be amazing if they could now add a counter to show how many flight items you have in stock in warehouse

I agree on the plane icon on the right hand side of the screen, it would just make it so much clearer

Event specific flights - in the past when you clicked on the far right icon at the top you would get a list of all event destinations, now you just get the destination for which ever aircraft you are selected in the left.

it’s good that when you click on the left aircraft icon you can then also click one of the top icons - adventure destinations, alliance destinations and be able to filter just those, It would be great if we also have the remaining destinations, ones from specific weekly alliance tasks : tel aviv etc and the space map destinations : Bangalore, Berkeley etc , have them all the time not just when the alliance task is active or the space map is active

Maybe it’s just me - but it’s not too clear how many S1/S2/S3 aircraft u have - ie, if I have 7 TB and 4 are black S3 it doesn’t show on the aircraft icons on the left - Maybe this is just me getting used to it

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20wttg2x7s
Username
Sylvia Bruckner
  • Less Intuitive (e.g. everything is a plane icon; no heli, rocket, etc., Not as obvious always for plane\destination as before, pop-up window is too big and obstructs collected objects [they show behind], etc.)
  • Fancy isn't better
🤬 😭🤬
Agreed 100%! Bigger windows, less information and waste of space (if I need 50 flights to reach a new level and already have completed 25, do I REALLY need a stupid graph to show me that I have accomplished 50% of the work?) In some cases pop ups are so large that I can't see anything else on my screen, forcing me to turn the window on & off in order to access all the info I need (e.g., to determine if I can afford to use fuel to accelerate a flight when planning to send out other flights). In other cases, the button for closing the window is even outside of the screen & can't be reached. If I have 10 or more planes flying to different destinations & can only display 3 at a time without scrolling, I need a pen and notepad to verify how many planes are going to each destination. This new "upgrade"(?) is so useless & such a step backward... I wonder how much time the developers spend playing the game. Please restore the previous version or provide the ability to adjust the size of the windows & zoom in/out on the content!!!

Top Bottom