Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

My history of AC

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
This is going to be a long one. :)
I'm writing this to show all newer players how the game evolved.
I started to play it on a platform that is now almost non existent (windows phone).
I started to play it when it was introduced to the platform in early 2014. Android and IOS had it for some time so they were much more advanced at that time.
Peak level was 35, you didn't have any greenies option except 1 for each gained level and the ones you could buy, so as I started as non buyer my gameplay was limited. To be honest I'm not sure if blue launch existed at that time. Landing planes actually costs fuel and passengers so it was additional luxury. Red was non existent for long time after that. As all platforms were separated at that time and I was not aware of the forum I was lone player, connecting with neighbors only via random list every hour. I build green launch pad and i started first launch after i don't know how many weeks cause nobody from neighborhood had one (I didn't know how it works). When I saw that it should be completed within 24 h with 1600 points (i had solid fuel only) i gave up. So I focused on flying, managed to get few jets and was actually very good as not many people had them. Due to buggy game most of tokens earned I never got (maybe 1/3 or 1/4 landed into my account). But managed to earn for 1st delta S1 - worst spend for tokens - that plane was useless - could not fly anywhere and used one hangar. But then you could use tokens only for that so I just sell it. Then I managed to get my first powerful delta - took me a lot of time to gain that amount - and it almost payed of as when i got it nobody else have one - so I got few first places in weekly ranking with 1 or 2 flights to destinations (yes most of the tokens were not arrived to my account). Adventures were SF then, launches also. In that process I got accused for time travelling (many people will remember those falls accusation if you left your game opened in background). After few days/weeks it was lifted off but lost the momentum. That happened again but in addition to game freeze (every time I opened the game I was in the same position). After few weeks of communication with support I started from scratches. Got some greenies and coins for rebuilding (at that time it was huge amount for me). But at the costs that I was time travelling without option to be unblocked. I was able to exchange gifts, do launches but could not compete for top 100.
second part later

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Planespotter85
Username
Josh-70
Kesh don't you think it's the beginning of the end .I really don't understand the developers long term strategy towards the game ... It's the top players who keep this game going how many new players are playing after a few weeks

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Second part
Then I found this forum and within few days with help of GT City I was unblocked. (thanks). Then I really started to play more actively as I found great friend and people who helped me. Still it was only windows platform but our small community was far bigger then playing solo. We managed to do our first red launch together (which was first set of planetariums we could visit). Still with very limited fuel top spots were still not more then few per week for launches and with 10-20 on larger planes. QLs were still far. Yes most of the time there were no cheaters on windows platforms (one of the reasons is we are not able to do backups on messing much with the systems and apps. But also this forum allowed us to learn from more advanced android and ios players. Then rumors about merging platforms started. And at the same time alliance showed up. First on IOS and android and few months later on windows. I think alliance was option introduced to those far advanced players who were looking for new challenges as many already have 3 starred all destinations and adventure. When we got alliances we were far behind android and ios alliances but we fight. At the same time during first merge we were joined with windows pc players (where I met great people with whom my game climbed to much higher levels) and some targeted boundaries were put higher as top 100 were joined (but still manageable). Most of win phone players had bug with their names not showing correctly to others and that affect gifting, visiting and launching. But we managed to get in contact with android/ios players for at least visiting. Not launching and gifting (at rare situation when we managed to exchange gifts - they got intercom). But in last merge we were without real chance to compete with players from android and ios (and cheaters). But from all that we adopt and learned much more about big ql parties so we changed strategy for tokens collection (from flights top 100 which was relatively easy in win phone to red launches as now only income of tokens). When alliance was firstly introduced reactions were very different but also mostly negative (I remember many players quit then, some later returned).
At that time cheater have much bigger effect on our gameplay (something I didn't pay attention much on win phone top 100). Still best players completed alliance destination with ease after few weeks of adaptation, but cheaters also evolved and were affecting everyone.
GI tried few times to prevent it with more often syncing and some others updates in order to try to keep the game playable in offline mode but they didn't succeed. So new changes were just next step in that direction - to try to prevent cheating without disturbing offline mode and to provide new challenges to old players to keep them in the game (during those years many left due to lack of challenges).
I'm not saying all ideas were good (100 limits is one of them) but alliance is in my opinion pretty nicely balanced. It will lower the effect of cheaters and advanced players for lower level alliances to have some benefits and rewards from flying alliances.
I didn't say anything much about bugs (good and bad) - but they are part of game - bad ones are much more discussed, good ones were mostly kept as secrets :)

Amit Choudhary

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
23zevsx0
Username
AM_Event Items
Second part
Then I found this forum and within few days with help of GT City I was unblocked. (thanks). Then I really started to play more actively as I found great friend and people who helped me. Still it was only windows platform but our small community was far bigger then playing solo. We managed to do our first red launch together (which was first set of planetariums we could visit). Still with very limited fuel top spots were still not more then few per week for launches and with 10-20 on larger planes. QLs were still far. Yes most of the time there were no cheaters on windows platforms (one of the reasons is we are not able to do backups on messing much with the systems and apps. But also this forum allowed us to learn from more advanced android and ios players. Then rumors about merging platforms started. And at the same time alliance showed up. First on IOS and android and few months later on windows. I think alliance was option introduced to those far advanced players who were looking for new challenges as many already have 3 starred all destinations and adventure. When we got alliances we were far behind android and ios alliances but we fight. At the same time during first merge we were joined with windows pc players (where I met great people with whom my game climbed to much higher levels) and some targeted boundaries were put higher as top 100 were joined (but still manageable). Most of win phone players had bug with their names not showing correctly to others and that affect gifting, visiting and launching. But we managed to get in contact with android/ios players for at least visiting. Not launching and gifting (at rare situation when we managed to exchange gifts - they got intercom). But in last merge we were without real chance to compete with players from android and ios (and cheaters). But from all that we adopt and learned much more about big ql parties so we changed strategy for tokens collection (from flights top 100 which was relatively easy in win phone to red launches as now only income of tokens). When alliance was firstly introduced reactions were very different but also mostly negative (I remember many players quit then, some later returned).
At that time cheater have much bigger effect on our gameplay (something I didn't pay attention much on win phone top 100). Still best players completed alliance destination with ease after few weeks of adaptation, but cheaters also evolved and were affecting everyone.
GI tried few times to prevent it with more often syncing and some others updates in order to try to keep the game playable in offline mode but they didn't succeed. So new changes were just next step in that direction - to try to prevent cheating without disturbing offline mode and to provide new challenges to old players to keep them in the game (during those years many left due to lack of challenges).
I'm not saying all ideas were good (100 limits is one of them) but alliance is in my opinion pretty nicely balanced. It will lower the effect of cheaters and advanced players for lower level alliances to have some benefits and rewards from flying alliances.
I didn't say anything much about bugs (good and bad) - but they are part of game - bad ones are much more discussed, good ones were mostly kept as secrets :)
Almost identical story of mine except for the fact that when I started playing this game 2 years back, Red Launch was already introduced & only Windowsphone players can compete with each other on weekly flight ratings+ space launches which changed last year after a major update.
I remember when I earned my first QL by doing only 6 lunar launches in a week. I was at 3rd position. And having a QL was big thing for me at that time. :D

Top Bottom