Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Maximizing Airport City Space (Optimal Building Layout)

S3R3G4

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
apc8iru
Username
S3R3G4
greensmith I have also re-designed my airport moving my 10 pyramids closer to the landing strip to maximise drop rates from flights to hidden destinations, but my pyramids stopped dropping all the good stuff that they used to. Now they only drop some useless stuff for collections that I finished many times already :(

Is the situation the same with Christmas Tree, Stonehendge & Temple? Maybe it's not worth flying to hidden destinations anymore?

I'm now even thinking of removing few pyramids as they take too much space...

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
greensmith I have also re-designed my airport moving my 10 pyramids closer to the landing strip to maximise drop rates from flights to hidden destinations, but my pyramids stopped dropping all the good stuff that they used to. Now they only drop some useless stuff for collections that I finished many times already :(
Is the situation the same with Christmas Tree, Stonehendge & Temple? Maybe it's not worth flying to hidden destinations anymore?
I'm now even thinking of removing few pyramids as they take too much space...
S3R3G4,
Yes, the situation is the same for the Christmas Tree, Stonehenge and the Ancient Greek Temple. I'm also thinking of removing some to make space for newer quest buildings.
Cheers,
Tom

S3R3G4

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
apc8iru
Username
S3R3G4
S3R3G4,
Yes, the situation is the same for the Christmas Tree, Stonehenge and the Ancient Greek Temple. I'm also thinking of removing some to make space for newer quest buildings.
Cheers,
Tom

Maybe we should wait & see if the drops come back with new updates. I'm currently flying & trying to build 5 Stonehenge and now the questions is whether it's worth all the effort?

billsnj

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Erb22
As readers of this thread know, my Waverly huff game was redesigned a few months ago for more collectible drops. I sold residential and commercial buildings to make way for nine Aztec Pyramids, nine Ancient Greek Temples and eight Stonehenge. For a while, they dropped some awesome items, including those to complete quest collections and those to create even more collectible drop buildings.
But those items haven't dropped for a month or so now. Absolutely none. I think GI eliminated the really good items from the drop list. Has anyone else found this out?
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith Tom I have noticed the same thing. In fact, it seems that visits to neighbors are yielding similar results. Bill

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Maybe we should wait & see if the drops come back with new updates. I'm currently flying & trying to build 5 Stonehenge and now the questions is whether it's worth all the effort?
S3R3G4,
I'm hoping GI expands the playing area and lets us buy additional plots of land. Or lets us put buildings and planes into our Warehouse instead of selling them.
Cheers,
Tom

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
I just placed my lastest reward building in my final vacant 2x2 plot the other day. Seems like I'll have to maximize my airport soon (unless they give us more land to upgrade into). Oh well, so much for a connected transportation system!

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
wwo55
Username
wwo55
For all
GI confirmed that the piramides (I asked about piramides only) drop items set was changed to usual items set - all the "expensive" items were removed.
GI do not have plans to increase this drop items set.

S3R3G4

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
apc8iru
Username
S3R3G4
That's really disappointing, so now it makes sence to build only 1 wonder of each type. Would be interesting to hear from the owners of Louvre what drops from that building

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
For all
GI confirmed that the piramides (I asked about piramides only) drop items set was changed to usual items set - all the "expensive" items were removed.
GI do not have plans to increase this drop items set.
I'm sure they did that to the Stonehenge and Ancient Greek Temple buildings as well. Besides now dropping "normal" collectible items, each building raises the population maximum by 50. That's not as important to me as the buildings (Aztec Legacy, Crop Circles, Space Travel Monument) that raise maximum passengers by 20.
With that in mind I'm going to redesign my airport after New Year's. I keep hoping GI will let us buy more space, which would solve the problem. Maybe as part of the Christmas quest, if they even have one.
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Yesterday I asked GI about making more land available. Here's what they replied:
Thank you for contacting Game Insight Support Team!
We really appreciate that you are playing our game and to keep you involved new interesting quests and other game features like new expansions, events and many others will be added pretty soon. Please, stay with us not to miss more game levels, stuff and locations. I am sure you will enjoy it and have great time playing!
In the meantime should you have other questions, do not hesitate to contact me! It is my pleasure to help you!
Sincerely,
Mary Lempp
Your Support Team

They mention "expansions" so maybe we actually can look forward to that.
Cheers,
Tom

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
I just placed my lastest reward building in my final vacant 2x2 plot the other day. Seems like I'll have to maximize my airport soon (unless they give us more land to upgrade into). Oh well, so much for a connected transportation system!

You will have to learn to play hopscotch to get around like Captain tneil, roads went some time ago, just got blocks now

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
I made the transition to broken roadways, freeing-up 94 spaces, and now have lots of available space! Here is the before (top) and after (bottom) layouts:

Before_After.jpg

I tried to maximize for 2x2 buildings, since I have the most of those. I still need to do a little more optimization (when moving around buildings I found I had a few more "b" 2x2 buildings, so might be able to rearrange things a little to minimize the number of "a" 1x1 buildings a bit more.

I made the transition to broken roadways, freeing-up 94 spaces, and now have lots of available space! Here is the before (top) and after (bottom) layouts:

View attachment 953

I tried to maximize for 2x2 buildings, since I have the most of those. I still need to do a little more optimization (when moving around buildings I found I had a few more "b" 2x2 buildings, so might be able to rearrange things a little to minimize the number of "a" 1x1 buildings a bit more.

I see the pattern, and I will try to adapt it in my airport if it can mesh with my layout.

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
Neil ellor

Are you getting grumpy in your old age???? :eek:

Cooling chamber sent from Benjamin Thomas, how many more do you need??

Happy Helen :sneaky:

Helen

Its not my age its Christmas Bah Humbug, can I have another candle:D:D:D:p
Only joking

I could do with another 2 so I am ready to complete another if I have space, trying to save a little for an ice runway if i need it?
I don't think they have been cross platforming from HH, getting fuel 20 but no problem

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Neil

Top Bottom