Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Lazy friend gifting

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I'm curious of others opinions on which item is the correct gift to send when a person puts one thing in their username and then has a totally different set of needs/priorities in the signature. Thoughts?
The best course of action is to ask for clarification.
But there are cases when it's perfectly reasonable to have one thing in the name and another in the sig. It usually happens because name is too short to make a list, so you usually put just one thing that is reasonably to expect anyone can send you (eg Earplugs or other flight items that are mandatory on the gifting list) while your sig explains in greater detail other items you need but those are rare and not many people can send them (eg one of 4 items needed to construct a building - you have to have that construction open AND then it's 1/4 chance to have that particular item available to send) .

But of course there are other reasons, eg people being lazy updating one or another, needing many items at once, and bugs affecting your ingame name.

I'm curious of others opinions on which item is the correct gift to send when a person puts one thing in their username and then has a totally different set of needs/priorities in the signature. Thoughts?

What drives me crazy are people who only put one needed item in their signature.

You should always put a few items on your needed list, so that if your neighbour doesn't have your most needed item, they can send your 2nd or 3rd most needed item.

Improve your odds of getting a gift by putting many alternatives!!

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
I think it was addressed at me and my proposition of not trading with such players.

Signatures or nicknames?

If you meant nicknames, then it's still not everybody - melony's point was that she doesn't care about any requests other than send to return. Which pretty much means wasting half of gifting, that's why other people have big problem with that, no mater who is on the wasted part.

That can be avoided, if she can spend the time to work out something that she and her neighbors will always need.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Many of my needs vary, but I almost always need Flight Catering because I produce less than my planes use under normal circumstances.
Because you're not into the big planes yet. Giants and Falcons hardly use any Catering at all.
Even Jumbos and Powerful Deltas always need an other item in addition to catering. So, for free you get 12 caterings per day (more if you spent bit of greens) and 0 of the other item. So even with perfect neighbors, you'll ask for 16 of the other items and only 4 caterings to keep a 1:1 flow.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
Because you're not into the big planes yet. Giants and Falcons hardly use any Catering at all.
Even Jumbos and Powerful Deltas always need an other item in addition to catering. So, for free you get 12 caterings per day (more if you spent bit of greens) and 0 of the other item. So even with perfect neighbors, you'll ask for 16 of the other items and only 4 caterings to keep a 1:1 flow.

I get 4 caterings per day if I time things correctly and 2 caterings on off days. Land costs a lot of greenies and Flight Catering Facilities require land, money and construction materials to build. Also, since I am still flying Turboprops and Jets now, I expect to still have Deltas and Powerful Deltas once I buy Giants and Falcons.

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
I know I'm often a "lazy friend" when it comes to gifting... mostly hitting send after taking an item.... but only when the item is something I want them to keep sending me (hoping that they are being "lazy" as well). If people have something different in their name, and it's something I like, I will try to setup the "lazy-train" where we can both quickly send/return without having to think about it... works great with Fuel(20). Also, I tend not to send gifts while looking at my neighbor list to people under the top levels for the last update (currently 61 or higher) as I don't know if the person is still playing or not... don't want to waste them to dead games.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I get 4 caterings per day if I time things correctly and 2 caterings on off days. Land costs a lot of greenies and Flight Catering Facilities require land, money and construction materials to build. Also, since I am still flying Turboprops and Jets now, I expect to still have Deltas and Powerful Deltas once I buy Giants and Falcons.
Well, land is 10 greens on sale which means you get more than 1 plot per month. Most people have lots of land, they just waste it on coin producers. Money is practically free, just get it from neighbor planetariums. Construction materials, just ask for them. And as you still have non-catering planes that even means your home production should even easier fulfill your needs : ) Get 6 of those Catering Facilities asap, because you should be getting ready for Laundries.

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Well @melony , you might want to reconsider the 'no rude bone' part there. There is a whiff of rudeness in your two posts ánd in your sig.
Not that I mind, though, I find the forum a bit too nice and PC at times. But you shouldn't say things and suggest otherwise.

Anyway, great to see you're a very seasoned player with a long-term plan for the future! You don't see that a lot in those small online games. :joyful:

You're always welcome to return my gift, should we get connected. :) At least it would be a clear gifting relationship, what the point of this thread was to begin with...

Oh, this wasn't a name call, should you wonder. Merely a tag, which is pretty much the same as a reply. Ánd common practice on this forum we all love and call our second home...

Have a great week of flying! (y)

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Should I maybe start shouting and ransacking the forum a bit?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
┻━┻︵└(՞▃՞ └)
┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Not so nice now, is it? :sneaky:
:shifty: You're a little rascal, @Red Fox One ... ;)
Ransacking is no different from what you guys do to my airport/city daily. :p
But please, no shouting! I HATE READING CAPITALS! :whistle::D

Top Bottom