Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Green Launch Launch Advice

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
I'm planning to start my first launch soon and am looking for advice on how to go about it. For instance, how much and how fast should I contribute to the launch? Should I tag neighbors, start a conversation with them or just assume they will find my post in forums if they are interested in joining a launch. Any other advice is welcome.

Device
  1. Android
Username
belledohna
I'm planning to start my first launch soon and am looking for advice on how to go about it. For instance, how much and how fast should I contribute to the launch? Should I tag neighbors, start a conversation with them or just assume they will find my post in forums if they are interested in joining a launch. Any other advice is welcome.

Really? No takers to answer this?

Plan your first launch so that it lasts long enough for neighbors to climb on and so that you can use some of that slow fuel instead of using up the good stuff.

However, there's a "sweet spot" number of points that you will want to get so that nobody can hijack first place on your launch. (The points from a well-aimed PEB can knock you out of first place; this is particularly important if you have lots of neighbors you cannot trust.)
Just remember, it's your launch and you need to carry it, so you get to call the shots.;)

My 2 cents worth:

1) Make sure you have enough fuel to complete the green launch (1600 fuel needed). Check you warehouse for essential launch items Large Fuel Tank (40 fuel each), Main Stablilizer (120 each) and Powerful Explosive Bolts (360 each)

2) If you want to secure #1, you need to put in 1160 points asap, so you will need a few MS & PEB.

3) If you are not particular about position, invite your neighbours to join you by posting in the forum (Airport City Space Launch) and state that all positions are open. Do add forum members who has been posting Green Launches so that you can fly together.

4) If you have never done a green launch, I suggest that you join a more experienced player who has done many launches. You simply play a supporting role and do not have to put in so much fuel. When you are more experienced, you can start taking the lead and start your own launches.

5) Tip for the future: If you have not built the blue Launch Pad, I suggest that you proceed to build the Red Launch Pad and do Red Launches instead. You can earn more coins, at least a fuel(50) and other stuff, and there are many more Quantum Leap launch parties where a typical launch lasts 5 minutes.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
Really? No takers to answer this?

Plan your first launch so that it lasts long enough for neighbors to climb on and so that you can use some of that slow fuel instead of using up the good stuff.

However, there's a "sweet spot" number of points that you will want to get so that nobody can hijack first place on your launch. (The points from a well-aimed PEB can knock you out of first place; this is particularly important if you have lots of neighbors you cannot trust.)
Just remember, it's your launch and you need to carry it, so you get to call the shots.;)

What do you mean by "slow fuel"? Most of my neighbors are on the forums, but I have no other means of determining their trustworthiness.
My 2 cents worth:

1) Make sure you have enough fuel to complete the green launch (1600 fuel needed). Check you warehouse for essential launch items Large Fuel Tank (40 fuel each), Main Stablilizer (120 each) and Powerful Explosive Bolts (360 each)

2) If you want to secure #1, you need to put in 1160 points asap, so you will need a few MS & PEB.

3) If you are not particular about position, invite your neighbours to join you by posting in the forum (Airport City Space Launch) and state that all positions are open. Do add forum members who has been posting Green Launches so that you can fly together.

4) If you have never done a green launch, I suggest that you join a more experienced player who has done many launches. You simply play a supporting role and do not have to put in so much fuel. When you are more experienced, you can start taking the lead and start your own launches.

5) Tip for the future: If you have not built the blue Launch Pad, I suggest that you proceed to build the Red Launch Pad and do Red Launches instead. You can earn more coins, at least a fuel(50) and other stuff, and there are many more Quantum Leap launch parties where a typical launch lasts 5 minutes.

Without checking my warehouse, I'm pretty sure I have enough items as I have been turning in various space collections for weeks and not using any of the items. I would like to have #1 in my own launch. I don't see any other Green launches available for me to join. Are you sure the game would let me join one before completing my own? Eventually, I plan to build both the blue and red launch pads, but I don't have enough land for either right now. I'm not sure launches that only last 5 minutes are a good thing for me, as I am often offline for long periods of time and would miss other people's launches.

What do you mean by "slow fuel"? Most of my neighbors are on the forums, but I have no other means of determining their trustworthiness.

Without checking my warehouse, I'm pretty sure I have enough items as I have been turning in various space collections for weeks and not using any of the items. I would like to have #1 in my own launch. I don't see any other Green launches available for me to join. Are you sure the game would let me join one before completing my own? Eventually, I plan to build both the blue and red launch pads, but I don't have enough land for either right now. I'm not sure launches that only last 5 minutes are a good thing for me, as I am often offline for long periods of time and would miss other people's launches.

1) Rocket Fuel can be divided into 2 groups:
"Slow" Fuel - takes between 10 minutes to 4 hours between successive deployment
"Fast" Fuel - takes less than 2 minutes between successive deployment.

"Slow" fuel can be purchased with coins, but you can only deploy a limited quantity in the 24 hour launch window. "Fast" fuel can only be obtained by opening "Launch Ready" boxes and is required if you want to make a fast launch.

2) Do check your warehouse and do the math. Solid Fuel, Small Fuel Tank, Explosive Bolt & Additional Stablizer are not that useful. Large Fue Tank (LFT), Main Stablizer (MS) & Powerful explosive Bolt (PEB) are the real fuel you need.

3) I'm quite sure you can join a Green Launch even if you have not done a solo green launch. Contact neighbours you have exchanged gifts with to see if anyone is doing a green launch.

4) Most of the forum players have graduated to Red Launches, but newer members may still do green launches. Believe me, everybody prefers 5 minute launches than a 24 hour launch.

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
@Sky Elf I'm in a green launch with QL (2:30h).
If you are interest you can take a seat. I need just one map to Bangalore and after this I can support for other launches and you can take more than one first place specially if another QL join us.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
1) Rocket Fuel can be divided into 2 groups:
"Slow" Fuel - takes between 10 minutes to 4 hours between successive deployment
"Fast" Fuel - takes less than 2 minutes between successive deployment.

"Slow" fuel can be purchased with coins, but you can only deploy a limited quantity in the 24 hour launch window. "Fast" fuel can only be obtained by opening "Launch Ready" boxes and is required if you want to make a fast launch.

2) Do check your warehouse and do the math. Solid Fuel, Small Fuel Tank, Explosive Bolt & Additional Stablizer are not that useful. Large Fue Tank (LFT), Main Stablizer (MS) & Powerful explosive Bolt (PEB) are the real fuel you need.

3) I'm quite sure you can join a Green Launch even if you have not done a solo green launch. Contact neighbours you have exchanged gifts with to see if anyone is doing a green launch.

4) Most of the forum players have graduated to Red Launches, but newer members may still do green launches. Believe me, everybody prefers 5 minute launches than a 24 hour launch.

2) I have 18 Large Fuel Tanks, 6 Main Stablizers, and 5 Powerful Explosive Bolts.

3) How do I join a launch?

4) One 24 hour launch that I can join is more useful to me than a hundred 5 minute launches that I miss because I was offline at the time.

@Sky Elf I'm in a green launch with QL (2:30h).
If you are interest you can take a seat. I need just one map to Bangalore and after this I can support for other launches and you can take more than one first place specially if another QL join us.

How do I join the launch? When I click on my Launch Pad, it just gives me the option to start my own launch. When I click on my Mission Control Center, it just gives me the option to upgrade it to level 2. When I clicked on your Launch Pads and Mission Control Center, it just gave me coins and collection items.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
@Sky Elf when you click to start a launch you go into the Green Pad room, where you can join a launch (your friends pic and name would appear), you click on your friends picture and then the 'Join' becomes available, the other but starts your own launch. Gimmie 10mins and I will post a screenshot.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
@Sky Elf when you click to start a launch you go into the Green Pad room, where you can join a launch (your friends pic and name would appear), you click on your friends picture and then the 'Join' becomes available, the other but starts your own launch. Gimmie 10mins and I will post a screenshot.

When I click on my Green Launch Pad, it brings up a Window labeled "Launch Preparation". It shows me how many Treadmills, Space Suits, Field Rations and Lab Notebooks I currently have. There are no pictures of nieghbors and my only options are exit or "Complete".

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
2) I have 18 Large Fuel Tanks, 6 Main Stablizers, and 5 Powerful Explosive Bolts.

3) How do I join a launch?

4) One 24 hour launch that I can join is more useful to me than a hundred 5 minute launches that I miss because I was offline at the time.

How do I join the launch? When I click on my Launch Pad, it just gives me the option to start my own launch. When I click on my Mission Control Center, it just gives me the option to upgrade it to level 2. When I clicked on your Launch Pads and Mission Control Center, it just gave me coins and collection items.

To join my QL launch you must wait my rocket arrive and I start a new launch. When I start a new launch you will see me in on your launch pad and can join in. Unfortunately I launched 15 minutes ago and will return only in 2:10h.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Username
jgm85
@Sky Elf you need to press Complete to get to the Launch room (but beware once you click complete you then need to do a launch (either your own or join a neighbours) before you can go to another colour.

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
Ops! forgot to mention that you need to complete the Launch preparation. After complete will show another window where you can join or start a new flight.

I will send you a post when I open a new launch

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Username
jgm85
@Sky Elf after you press complete a window like this shows up (Red room for me but will be the same in green and blue)

Screenshot_20160616-193750.jpg

If you click on a neighbours image then the option to Join becomes available.
Screenshot_20160616-193813 (1).jpg

Hope this helps.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
@Sky Elf you need to press Complete to get to the Launch room (but beware once you click complete you then need to do a launch (either your own or join a neighbours) before you can go to another colour.

Are you saying that clicking "Complete" doesn't start my launch? If so, that is very misleading. I don't have Blue or Red Launch Pads to switch to, so that wouldn't be an option anyway. Would it interfere with normal airport, city or neighbor activity in any way?

Also, if I hit "Complete" and join a neighbor's launch, do I still use the Treadmill, Space Suit, Field Ration and Lab Notebook?

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Username
jgm85
No 'Complete' just ties you to that pad until you have done a launch. Then it take you to the 'Green Room' (see pictures I posted above) where you can choose to join a neighbour if possible or start your own. If you have no neighbours, you do not need to start your own, you can stay in the 'Green Room' as long as you want until you see a neighbour who has started their launch.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Username
jgm85
Oh and yes, complete basically means you complete the rocket, not the actual launch. So as soon as you hit 'Complete' the 4 items for Green launch preparation are now gone, even if the rocket fails (not enough points put in over the 24hour period).

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
Oh and yes, complete basically means you complete the rocket, not the actual launch. So as soon as you hit 'Complete' the 4 items for Green launch preparation are now gone, even if the rocket fails (not enough points put in over the 24hour period).

Since some of these items are hard to get, why do I want to spend them on neighbor launches, when I can get better rewards from getting first place in my own launch?

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Username
jgm85
Since some of these items are hard to get, why do I want to spend them on neighbor launches, when I can get better rewards from getting first place in my own launch?

That's the decision you need to make, some neighbours may only open launches when they are flying with QL, so 2hr23m launch with 1QL, so you can get more launches done. You may not have enough (1600pts) to do the complete launch so joining a neighbours may increase the odds of the launch being successful. I cannot answer that question for you, you need to make that decision.

Just remember that if you don't have the full 1600 points in 24hrs, then the launch fails, you lose all items you put in. So if going it alone, make sure you have enough points to complete.

For me, I mainly only do red launches now, and only ever join neighbours as with experience you learn who are good neighbours and who fly with QL. But that is a while off for you just now.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
That's the decision you need to make, some neighbours may only open launches when they are flying with QL, so 2hr23m launch with 1QL, so you can get more launches done. You may not have enough (1600pts) to do the complete launch so joining a neighbours may increase the odds of the launch being successful. I cannot answer that question for you, you need to make that decision.

Just remember that if you don't have the full 1600 points in 24hrs, then the launch fails, you lose all items you put in. So if going it alone, make sure you have enough points to complete.

For me, I mainly only do red launches now, and only ever join neighbours as with experience you learn who are good neighbours and who fly with QL. But that is a while off for you just now.

What is QL?

Top Bottom