Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iPad Daily Trading Thread for January 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Pakman,
Visited you and got a Portable Audio Player from your Training Center. Unfortunately, I only got minor stuff from my other visits, which tells me the challenge will probably be over before I can launch anything. I've been grinding away at Cape Canaveral so I've got plenty of Space Suits and Lab Notebooks.
So I'm going to spend 20 greenies in lieu of getting the Treadmill just to experience it once. If this gets me a Training Center then maybe it will drop Treadmill items for me.
By the way, my Christmas Tree just dropped Horsehead Nebula from the A Space Odyssey Collection. First time it's dropped something I didn't already have.
Cheers,
Tom (Waverly huff)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ACQVKFB
Username
Sophie-Item needed
I don't recall getting any running wild collection items from anything other than the training center, but I'm not 100% sure. I got a lot of stuff for other collections from training centers though. It became very frustrating waiting for the last running shoe to drop. The launch was more frustrating than any of it. I tried to join a couple of launches with names I knew, but nothing happened. Then when I finally got into a launch, the other two participants didn't participate at all. Then when I tried to add I Fly to that launch with the other two dead beats ( oh, I shouldn't say that, let me just call them bystanders. :D). I wasn't able to add I Fly. I tried searching from my I Fly account for the I Fly 2 and bystander launch but was u able to find that launch. Just gave up and had my own private launch. I must say, the launch itself is quite neat! Oh, those two bystanders from earlier in the story, they got silver and bronze and got prizes. I guess they knew what they were doing!!!!!

I Fly 2
The bystander thing happens a lot!!! It's a frustrating glitch that we have as well, where you join a launch and no one is putting points into the launch and you're pretty much stuck there on your own :( has happened to me a couple times as well as someone joined my launch that I had started but by the time they joined my rocket had already taken off so it was showing that I was no longer putting points into the launch. Hope it doesn't happen to you again.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
First Launch!
image.jpg

Then I selected fuel (I wanted to do the first one on my own)
image.jpg

Then it launched
image.jpg

Then the countdown to landing
image.jpg

The spaceship landed and I picked up the award
image.jpg

Now that I know how it's done I'll keep grinding away at Cape Canaveral while I hope my and my neighbors' Training Centers drop more Treadmill items.
Cheers,
Tom (Waverly huff)

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Ianda11
I go to work for a few hours and there's been launches everywhere!! lol

rickmou I think it may have been me that sent the video wall. TimP I can't see your avatar ingame, but I've returned almost everything that has been sent to Ianda10 today. My gifts should reset within the next couple of hours for both Ianda10/11, so if anyone wants anything specific, please let me know. (y)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Agjh71w
Username
I Fly 2
I have to re-emphasize how much I enjoyed the take-off. There are certain unknowns in space travel and it's nice to hear that there are bystanders in other launches too. Thanks Sophie!

I Fly 2

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Cioli,
The Cosmic Fuel Station drops Solid Fuel every 24 hours. I get much better results by flying eight Turboprops to Cape Canaveral. The flight takes two hours and I usually get a few item drops for the Astronaut Outfit and Experiments in Space Collections. Complete a collection and you get a Launch Ready box that contains a mystery rocket fuel piece, usually better than the Solid Fuel.
Cheers,
Tom (Waverly huff)

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
lfcawc,
Each fuel type counts as so many points and refreshes in a certain period of time. You have 24 hours to add 1600 points of fuel. Solid Fuel (from the Cosmic Fuel Station), for example, is worth 12 points and refreshes every two hours. A Main Stabilizer, on the other hand, is worth 120 points and refreshes every minute ... which means you can add one every minute. A Powerful Explosive Bolt is worth 360 points and refreshes every 30 seconds. My flights to Cape Canaveral dropped enough items so I could get quite a few Launch Ready chests. Inside each chest is a type of fuel. I lucked out and got some high point value fuels so I could reach 1600 points and complete my first (and only) launch very quickly. Now I'm continuing to fly eight Turboprops to Cape Canaveral every two hours while I wait for my Training Center to drop more Treadmill items.
Cheers,
Tom (Waverly huff)

Cioli,
The Cosmic Fuel Station drops Solid Fuel every 24 hours. I get much better results by flying six Turboprops to Cape Canaveral. The flight takes two hours and I usually get a few item drops for the Astronaut Outfit and Experiments in Space Collections. Complete a collection and you get a Launch Ready box that contains a mystery rocket fuel piece, usually better than the Solid Fuel.
Cheers,
Tom (Waverly huff)

Thanks for that info greensmith, exactly what I needed to know :)

Apart from that, the real frustration for me is the fact that I can visit just 5 neighbors and only one of them has a training center, which makes the treadmill collection really hard to complete (zero item so far).

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Cioli,
I had the same frustration so I bit the bullet and spent 20 greenies for the Treadmill on my first launch. I had plenty of fuel from my Cape Canaveral trips so I knew I could reach 1600 points on my own. That gave me my own Training Center, which refreshes every four hours so at least I have the possibility of Treadmill item drops on my own airport. Too soon to tell right now since I just got it.
Cheers,
Tom (Waverly huff)

tdv I sent you a request for neighborship

sportybear request sent as well

greensmith Thx again for sharing your experience and advices, I'm seriously considering buying the treadmill to start the process.

I Fly Do you have a training center on I Fly 2 ? I can't see one when visiting your airport (or shall I say spaceport ?) but we know the update is not immediate for the new buildings.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Rickmou
greensmith Many thanks for the Laser Level!

rickmou Interesting, I'm sure that I send one to you, but thanks in advance for your help! Btw. could you see my avatar (same as here in the forum) or only the standard one?

TimP Unfortunately, now I only see the standard avatar and you are listed as "username" :( I just sent laser levelers to all my "usernames" with no avatar. I hope you received it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom