Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Haptics

I was looking at the settings on my game and noticed along with music, sounds, and purchase confirmation, there is an item called Haptics. Anybody know what it is, and what effect it has on the game?

I play my 2nd game on a really old laptop (think Windows Vista), and the game has been lagging and jumping since the last update. Turning off Haptics seemed to help a bit, but don't know if it's just my imagination. Any ideas?

Howdy, my friend @crescent moon ! :)

As I understand it haptics is the “technology that applies touch sensation and control to computer applications”. That way-oversimplified def is about all this tech-challenged brain can grasp. :banhappy: (n)

I’m sure the techies among us will have a much more detailed and relatable explanation!
Thanks. I saw that definition and thought it might have something to do with using a touch screen, so I tried on my tablet, but can't see or feel anything different.

Waiting for a techie to answer. :):):)

My knowledge isn’t much more than that either. It’s a major feature of late model touchscreen devices. I think it also relates to how complex the functions are that the screen can/will translate from our actions. Eg, if Haptics are off, a touch screen works on simple single touches/swipes. Haptics allows more complex actions like two fingers swiping to expand or zoom in or 5 fingers brushed into meet each other at a single point tells the device to shut down/close the app/program.

Edit: fairly sure the 2 finger zoom in and out is a basic function even with Haptics off, but you get the idea :).

My knowledge isn’t much more than that either. It’s a major feature of late model touchscreen devices. I think it also relates to how complex the functions are that the screen can/will translate from our actions. Eg, if Haptics are off, a touch screen works on simple single touches/swipes. Haptics allows more complex actions like two fingers swiping to expand or zoom in or 5 fingers brushed into meet each other at a single point tells the device to shut down/close the app/program.

Edit: fairly sure the 2 finger zoom in and out is a basic function even with Haptics off, but you get the idea :).
Thanks Rob. I tried brushing in 5 fingers, but didn't seem to make any difference on my tablet, but it is about a year and a half old. The 2 finger zoom work with haptics off. I think I may need to bite the bullet and invest in some NEW technology - see what's going on in this electronic world we live in. :)

Thanks Rob. I tried brushing in 5 fingers, but didn't seem to make any difference on my tablet, but it is about a year and a half old. The 2 finger zoom work with haptics off. I think I may need to bite the bullet and invest in some NEW technology - see what's going on in this electronic world we live in. :)
You don’t need Haptics to be on, it’s just an added feature to make the device more ergonomic. The example with the 5 finger “grab” I mentioned was what I’ve seen my kids do on their iPads. I think every device might have its own programmed features but really not sure. Try google ;).

You don’t need Haptics to be on, it’s just an added feature to make the device more ergonomic. The example with the 5 finger “grab” I mentioned was what I’ve seen my kids do on their iPads. I think every device might have its own programmed features but really not sure. Try google ;).
Yeah - I tried googIe. That's what got me even more confused. :D:D:D I guess it was on by default, so I turned it off. I don't know how long we've had that feature in the game. I just checked today after reading the discussion about the sound effects and I wanted to hear what sounds the game had. (I always have kept the sound and music turned off) It's probably there for people with touchscreens to "enhance their playing enjoyment" :):):)

Yeah - I tried googIe. That's what got me even more confused. :D:D:D I guess it was on by default, so I turned it off. I don't know how long we've had that feature in the game. I just checked today after reading the discussion about the sound effects and I wanted to hear what sounds the game had. (I always have kept the sound and music turned off) It's probably there for people with touchscreens to "enhance their playing enjoyment" :):):)
So many one liners... too many admins :p:cool: :whistle:

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade

The new insult is : You are as useless/pointless as AC sounds !

@crescent moon There could be some haptic feedback already built in or they’re planning to build it in. The age of your device usually isn’t as important as what version of the operating system you’re on. I moved to iOS exclusively a few years ago but the features likely will work with newer versions of Android and iOS. That said I guess unless you have a Pixel phone or Chromebook those versions of Android likely don’t update very often, unlike iOS

This may be one of those questions better suited for one of the FB admins or GI Mary/Kate to see if they can shed more light on the situation. Haptic feedback can come in a lot of different forms so you’d almost have to know what’s programmed in order to take advantage of it

@crescent moon There could be some haptic feedback already built in or they’re planning to build it in. The age of your device usually isn’t as important as what version of the operating system you’re on. I moved to iOS exclusively a few years ago but the features likely will work with newer versions of Android and iOS

This may be one of those questions better suited for one of the FB admins or GI Mary/Kate to see if they can shed more light on the situation. Haptic feedback can come in a lot of different forms so you’d almost have to know what’s programmed in order to take advantage of it
Thanks. I just turned it off in case it was using extra resources on my laptop (old, old, old). Don't have touchscreen so don't need it anyway. :)

@Davescharf asking Kate...? She will say everything on her screen is all right and you should check your screen settings, internet connection and possibly drop your screen in the wash tub full of soapy water and switch it on while is dripping wet:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well I did suggest the FB admins first :D. Maybe Ivan will see this at some point when he’s lurking as well. He’d certainly know.

Top Bottom