Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Giant's

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
This might sound like a daft question...with regards to the Giant's first time it's had to go into repair and it only gave me the option of paying 2 greenies to have it fixed or waiting I think 12 hours.
Is this standard or is there a item that I haven't got in my warehouse for some reason that I could use instead of spending Greenies?

Thanks.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Thanks Ash, I have read through this before and just again now, although extremely useful I can't see anything about speeding up Giants and if there's an alternative to speeding up with Greenies!? If I do find out I will let you know for when you purchase.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
@LjGibbs - @AshPort

I'm very sorry to say there are only two options open to you with regards to Giant plane repairs - wait 12 hours for repair of plane or spend 2 green notes to speed-up repair.

www.airportcitygame.com/threads/repair-base-control-tower-town-hall-and-terminal-buildings.18757/

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Thank you Capt. for clearing that up at least I know what I'm dealing with and not missing anything.

Although it's criminal lol...they should really introduce a item to help as it's great for pax but if it needs repairing a few times per week is it worth it!?

Regards

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
@LjGibbs

Yep. True. I fly 3 Giants and there is invariably one in the tinkering shed being tinkered with. But 12 hours soon passes........ you could always boil 240 eggs while you're waiting..................

:)
P

@pete blake

Well I only have one...and I paid the 2 greenies for it to fly the tinkering nest so until then I'll have to weigh up spending on greenies or just waiting (and waiting) and getting my increased protein fix :meh:

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Thank you Capt. for clearing that up at least I know what I'm dealing with and not missing anything.

Although it's criminal lol...they should really introduce a item to help as it's great for pax but if it needs repairing a few times per week is it worth it!?

Regards

You are not missing anything, I'm very sorry my reply was not what you were hoping for. I always wait for planes to repair, if GI wants me to spend green notes or real money on my game, they are going about it the wrong way.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
You are not missing anything, I'm very sorry my reply was not what you were hoping for. I always wait for planes to repair, if GI wants me to spend green notes or real money on my game, they are going about it the wrong way.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

No, no your reply was the advice I needed so thank you as always for taking the time.

I rarely do but I purchased for the next expansion and now it seems because I temporarily have greenies they are not completing the collections I need, for example (not about Giant's); I need Orbital Telescopes to fly Blue and Red Launches and (maybe a coincidence) but for a week or so I have had zero and asking me to pay 20 greenies for a OT that I used to get nearly every day but I refuse so just flying Green Launches until spent up on the expansion and hoping this will restore things to getting the collections for free.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
300k is ok
i have 1,200,000 so far for the runway

Doing a grand job...not long now.

300k is not bad if you're not saving up for other things, at the moment it is for me with the other stuff I'm going to need...like Pete say's I'll just have to boil some eggs whilst I'm waiting for the repair on the Giant lol

This might sound like a daft question...with regards to the Giant's first time it's had to go into repair and it only gave me the option of paying 2 greenies to have it fixed or waiting I think 12 hours.
Is this standard or is there a item that I haven't got in my warehouse for some reason that I could use instead of spending Greenies?

Thanks.
These type of planes when you buy it at least you buy 3 planes if one break down then use the other 2 and wait 12 hours for the breakdown plane.
No one pay 2 greenies for break down.
Also must have enough slot in the repair base ( it depends how many hangars you have) if 8 hangars 4 slot minimum.
Dont use all the planes that required greenies to repair it before you are ready (if you have 8 hangars put 4 planes) sometimes all the planes breakdown.
My advice for you is complete all the flights with all planes under Giant. then move to giant start with 2 planes. dont do like the one who buy condor and he did not complete all flights with Jumbo :facepalm:
Good Luck (y)

Last edited:

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
These type of planes when you buy it at least you buy 3 planes if one break down then use the other 2 and wait 12 hours for the breakdown plane.
No one pay 2 greenies for break down.
Also must have enough slot in the repair base ( it depends how many hangars you have) if 8 hangars 4 slot minimum.
Dont use all the planes that required greenies to repair it before you are ready (if you have 8 hangars put 4 planes) sometimes the all the planes breakdown.
My advice for you is complete all the flights with all planes under Giant. then move to giant start with 2 planes. dont do like the one who buy condor and he did not complete all flights with Jumbo :facepalm:
Good Luck (y)

Thank you Husam, from what advice I've received from you and others I should really have waited but you live and learn. I should have actually purchased more jumbos first but obviously wasn't aware about the repair situation re the Giants up until today.

Things will have to stay as they are at the moment until other things have been done/upgraded.

Thank you again I'm sure your advice will be as helpful to me as it will be to others. (y):angelic:

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
I agree with @Husam. When you're ready to buy them, purchase at least 3 of them. I currently have 4 Giants flying . Every day, at least one of those Giants is down for maintenance, and occasionally, all of them are in the the repair base. I do not pay greenies to speed up. I learned a hard lesson by not having enough open slots in the repair base; at one time I had 3 slots tied up with Giants waiting for the 12 hours to expire and couldn't repair other planes until I purchased another repair slot.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Yeah I've taken on what you've all said and when I've got the Level 71 runway cost out of the way, I'm going to sell the Giant and buy more Jumbo's for now...should have really asked before buying :facepalm: can't be doing with the hassle of the repair's with the Giant's and still loads of destinations to go to obtain stars with the Jumbo's anyway, hopefully the way forward for now. Thanks @PhactorPhil

Top Bottom