Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Game crashing

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
jamiegsi
Username
Jamiegsi
Hi everyone I have had some trouble with my game crashing.

I have had my game on my ipad2 for about 2 years now and after around a year I noticed it crashing when launching and visiting, at first it was very rare but it did crash on a few occasions but only once a week max, about 6 months ago it was getting quite bad trying to visit anyone without it crashing so I deleted the game and got a restore code and it was better not 100% but it didn't crash a lot maybe like once a week which I could deal with, but this last month I can't visit anyone without it crashing and when launching with qls and it crashing during the launch I would end up having 2.23 launches rather than the 15 min or 1.23min launches I should have had, I have just updated today and it's now impossible to play just flying planes out etc without the game crashing, I have transferred my game from my iPad2 to my wife's iPad 2 (which is exactly the same iPad) and guess what it's still crashing like mad so must be the game not the iPads as I have rang apple and they have done tests on both iPads, any advice on what to a would be great

Thanks in advance

Rsorour

1200+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Rsorour
@Jamiegsi ... I have the same problem with the same exact symptoms with same chronology and events and mishaps. It is as if you wrote this complaint on my behalf. I'm really tanking this quest as I can't visit neighbors carriage workshops or even collect passengers. You did more investigating than me though. I did not delete the game or transfer yet and I don't want to resort to purchasing a newer faster device. According to Ivan , this seems to be an internal memory issue with the new version of the game and older iPads. Ivan promise an update due in early 2016 that should defragment the game to make less of a memory hog and ultimately run smoother on older devices. I have been waiting. I noticed things got worse when we all transferred to iOS 9.
Ramy

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
jamiegsi
Username
Jamiegsi
It just seems every time I update my device iOS and update airport city the game gets a little bit slower and the game crashes that little bit more frequently, I am going to see if I can borrow my brothers iPad Air and restore my game to that iPad being newer to see if it will stop the crashing when visiting and launching with qls

Rsorour

1200+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Rsorour
It just seems every time I update my device iOS and update airport city the game gets a little bit slower and the game crashes that little bit more frequently, I am going to see if I can borrow my brothers iPad Air and restore my game to that iPad being newer to see if it will stop the crashing when visiting and launching with qls

That will be a great experiment with a very informative outcome. Keep me posted.
Ramy

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
jamiegsi
Username
Jamiegsi
That will be a great experiment with a very informative outcome. Keep me posted.
Ramy

Ok if I can get him to back up his iPad and lend his to me I will defiantly try it out, I have just restored my game to just before I updated to the new event and it's manageable but obviously I can't do this forever it's just a temp fix untill GI find a solution

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
jamiegsi
Username
Jamiegsi
@Jamiegsi @Rsorour

Guys, I am in the exact same situation! I'm lucky if I can visit one neighbour maybe if I am lucky, it will always crash if I try visit another. Infuriating. I am also using IPad 2 which is a few years old. I have tried to delete a few apps and photos to free up memory but to not avail.

My brother should be bringing his iPad Air round for me to try loading the game onto, my theory is the iPad2s are a few years old now and with all the updates on airport city and iOS updates the iPad2s can't keep up with it all, like if you had a iphone3 or 4 now with all the updates on iOS etc it's gna struggle keeping up with all the new updates etc

Yulee

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Yulee , Yulee 2
Username
Yulee , Yulee 2
Hi Jamie, i have similar issue on my games, only able to visit neighbors 3 times than the game will be automatically restart , also when neighbors visit my airport than my games also automatically restart, this happen also when i open chest for launch the game also automatically restart, many times after landing the plane the game also automatically restart
i have to keep several minute to let the game save otherwise i have to repeat what i do before

Eric The Great

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Eric The Great
@Jamiegsi @Rsorour

Guys, I am in the exact same situation! I'm lucky if I can visit one neighbour maybe if I am lucky, it will always crash if I try visit another. Infuriating. I am also using IPad 2 which is a few years old. I have tried to delete a few apps and photos to free up memory but to not avail.

I have some feedback from my iPad 3 usage. I am crashing more frequently since the latest update. I am fortunate not to have the degree of yuckiness as Jamie, sorry man, but it is worse now. I too get about three or four visits into my visit run and crash. And similar to before the update I'll lose my last visits collections. Furthermore and this also started before the update, I have a couple of long timer high star large city neighbors where I'm pretty consistent in crashing on the way in or out of their cities. it seems logically, I guess, the larger the city the more likely the crash. Kinda makes me wonder what impact the new expansion will have on this.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
jamiegsi
Username
Jamiegsi
Hi everyone just a little update I loaded my game onto my brothers iPad Air and it's running sweet just visited all neighbours and it did crash once also the game seems to run a lot faster so looks like I'm going to get my iPad Air today lol

Hi everyone just a little update I loaded my game onto my brothers iPad Air and it's running sweet just visited all neighbours and it did crash once also the game seems to run a lot faster so looks like I'm going to get my iPad Air today lol

You know you are addicted to Airport City when you look at a phone / tablet and wonder whether it will run Airport City nicely
(Android tablets are not so clear cut as iOS with Qualcom, Nvidia, Mediatek or Intel etc chips inside).

But you know you are TOTALLY addicted when you buy a tablet BECAUSE you need one to run Airport City ;).

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
jamiegsi
Username
Jamiegsi
You know you are addicted to Airport City when you look at a phone / tablet and wonder whether it will run Airport City nicely
(Android tablets are not so clear cut as iOS with Qualcom, Nvidia, Mediatek or Intel etc chips inside).

But you know you are TOTALLY addicted when you buy a tablet BECAUSE you need one to run Airport City ;).

My wife says I'm autistic and when I get into a routine I can't get out off it like I get up have a cup off tea and send my planes out before work the. At 6 when I come back from work I send my planes out again lol just in Currys trying to get a air now

Rsorour

1200+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Rsorour

Thanks for the update Jamie...now I and many others are dealing with the game not syncing with Gi servers and is stuck in the past. That's why my 6 carriage workshopsandotherquest buildings are not there.
Ramy

One of my support games, Drew17 is on the original iPad mini and has all of the problems everyone is describing. The main problem is neighbor visits. If I am lucky, I can visit 2 or 3 neighbors before the game crashes, and I have to start the process all over again. The other thing that I always do on that game is power the device off and back on before I start AC. This does seem to help a little bit, but still VERY frustrating!! All of my other games run great - iPad Air2 & iPhone 6.

Also @Rsorour NONE of your quest buildings show up in your city when I visit. You and I are iOS players and I think you are the only one that doesn't show the new buildings. NONE of the new buildings show up on any of my Android neighbors.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a5yqj41
Username
#ssg2
Here my 5 cents:
since 1-2 weeks I had crashes as well. ugly.
Today I deleted all the files with the long number 8 and more digits long.
I found them in same folder as AC saves game data. I had 3-4000 files.
Now my games run well again, the app starts faster an runs smoother as well.

may be someone can verify my solution.
leo

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
Glad to see I'm not alone. My game crashes constantly - mostly when trying to visit one neighbor from another neighbor. I did blame it on my device - for some reason, it crashes when checking mail or playing other games. Maybe I need to wait it out and see if it is me. I was thinking of visiting an Apple store and seeing if they have any diagnostics. But that would probably result in buying a new device and giving the old one (which has tons of GBs left) to my daughter.

Top Bottom