Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Easier way to find your friends-NOT Solved

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
Let's bainstorm. Here's my First idea. Every Sunday we post to our Android or Windows Trade Forum (hopefully without extra chat by multiple posts). Then we only have 2 threads to check when figuring out gifts to send. I don't know about y'all but it's getting to be a chore to find everyone.

We can still use the daily thread for specific needs, but at least we have a central spot to find everyone. Right now if they're not on the daily thread, I go to my "following" list, hit each person's profile, then information to find out what they need.

Please comment. :singing:

Last edited:
I can't speak for the android/ios thread it used to be fairly orderly without too much random postings.
Now windows we do babble on quite a bit and with the merge perhaps many have started that practice
in that thread as well. It sounds like an interesting idea which might be good for some.
I personally look at their name in my list if nothing is listed or I don't have what is listed I use
the search function to find their last post. Works well enough for me but I don't think it is for everyone. :cool:

I can't speak for the android/ios thread it used to be fairly orderly without too much random postings.
Now windows we do babble on quite a bit and with the merge perhaps many have started that practice
in that thread as well. It sounds like an interesting idea which might be good for some.
I personally look at their name in my list if nothing is listed or I don't have what is listed I use
the search function to find their last post. Works well enough for me but I don't think it is for everyone. :cool:

Master of understatement!

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
Hey, I can chat too, I'm just saying I want an easier way to find my friends and their needs in a faster way. Daily threads are great for a little chat, I love the camaraderie, I read every post. Being aware, I know some detest chat and multiple endless posts to scroll thru, those people rarely post. Which is why I made this suggestion.

I love the new handshake tab, when I gift someone I gold it, that way I know who needs a gift. If a friend is slap out of something and grounded, I'm gonna help, so the alphabet doesn't work for me. During events the same applies, it may not be totally fair but I wanna be there when needed as I hope friends are there for me.

Hey, I can chat too, I'm just saying I want an easier way to find my friends and their needs in a faster way. Daily threads are great for a little chat, I love the camaraderie, I read every post. Being aware, I know some detest chat and multiple endless posts to scroll thru, those people rarely post. Which is why I made this suggestion.

I love the new handshake tab, when I gift someone I gold it, that way I know who needs a gift. If a friend is slap out of something and grounded, I'm gonna help, so the alphabet doesn't work for me. During events the same applies, it may not be totally fair but I wanna be there when needed as I hope friends are there for me.
I hadn't thought of using the handshake tab for tagging your neighbors for gifting - clever idea! I agree, during events I give priority to event gifts,and special requests, but other than that, I gift A-Z. I tried returning gifts to people who sent them, but I get 70-80 gifts a day, and the lists were getting just too long. This way, everyone gets a gift every 3-4 days.

That's the great thing about this game - everyone has their own way of doing things, and they all work equally well!

This is PRECISELY why I love this website! @mia/a1r1vry - you just provided me with a great tool that I saw, but had no idea how to use until you mentioned it. That handshake tab is great for organizing a list of people whom gift regularly and sort them out of the 400plus neighbors I have. Thanks for that!

As for setting up a "my current needs post" as opposed to the trading thread where we chat about most anything - I'm for it.

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
to be honest I don't really see it being much easier to look through a long thread then following people and checking their profile.
However I'm still new and don't have nearly as many neighbors as some of you do so I'm all for trying it if you all think it would be easier :)

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
Discussing this gives me another idea. Could we take @DalePorter46 idea to call it a current needs thread and make a sticky in both the android & windows forums? It would be great to have it alphabetical but I need more brains than mine as how to do it.

@DalePorter46 you're welcome. I just saw how you sorted your gifts by spoilers, very clever yourself!!
@mia/a1r1vry - very easy to do from the edit signature pane. There is a plus button to the side of the text option buttons. Hit the little flag that pops up and just start entering the data. Once for each spoiler you want.

I actually got the idea from a search after seeing the spoilers on @GamingSwiftie signature. I wondered how she did that and found a thread in the help section.

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
Good point, @Fencat ! If we could have our own favorites folder where we could click a name and see their needs? If the profile page could show their needs in one glance?

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
I see it as a "one-time post" that would update itself any time you update your signature. Perhaps an administrator like @Gt city has the ability to set it up to be alphabetized.
That could be a bit complicated, not sure what forum "by itself" can do it, as automatically, and what needs to be done manually.
I still see the updated signature as best way to present current needs. I am doing that all the time, in case of quest or other "urgent needs" I am posting it to Daily Trade Thread.

But, of course, all suggestions are welcome, if we find a solution that would be possible and acceptable for all, why not? (y)

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
@Gt city Would it be possible to have the user icon in our followed list automatically go to the information tab (as in where you can see a person's signature) instead of the profile posts tab as its currently doing maybe? Would mean less clicking in your followed list to see people's lists

Bruno237

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Bruno237
Username
Bruno237
Hello,
I am following my friends, and i can go faster to their profil and see their signature.
It seems important for me to keep our signature up to date.
A static thread would also be nice. Everyone just have to update his post.
Bye, Bruno237 (on iOS)

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
@Gt city Would it be possible to have the user icon in our followed list automatically go to the information tab (as in where you can see a person's signature) instead of the profile posts tab as its currently doing maybe? Would mean less clicking in your followed list to see people's lists
We can check if any of these would be possible.
@Dave

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
@Gt city I do as Mia mentioned, but IMHO the best would be if /account/following would show signature next to every nick. Or even better, instead of sigs add 2 new fields "items I can send" and "items I need".

At best, it would have to use other setting than "show signatures", because if you check sigs in other place than messages, they just get in the way and I have them disabled. Eg for reading forum on the phone, disabling sigs is pretty much must have.

Top Bottom