Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Red Launch CU next time - WEEKLY Sunday "LowCarb-Launch" (SF/EB burning)

OneGoldenHeart

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
044dva5k
Username
OGH{item}
Good point, there is still no provision regarding when Captains will have to decide on the pad. Only that they have to show up by 16 UTC latest to avoid being substituted.
Any opinions as to when we should allow captains to decide or eventually switch their idea?
I think 15.45UTC should work and can be final cutoff time for PAD Selection. Also you give well enough advance notice for people to comment if they will be joining or not.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
207bky8l
Username
Capt. Parson or CP item
Just looking back over posts, in fairness @Dodo you did say decide by 16:00. However, we also had a couple of people signing up after that, which helped to sway mu decision to change colour. Perhaps we should choose a time by which preferences must be registered in order to be taken into account and then set the decision time for 30 minutes after that to allow the Captain to review them and make a definite and final decision.

I have also learnt from personal experience to check your "boarding" post to see which colour pad you have actually opened before triggering mine

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
207bky8l
Username
Capt. Parson or CP item
Well, if the captain has until 16:00 UTC to show up, then the pad decision should be at the same time.

It’s weird if the pad is decided before the captain.

All in all, the decision should be with the captain as he/she is the one responsible to make sure the rocket is launched.
OK, so how about a cutoff time of 15:30 for signing up and preferences to be registered.
16:00 for the captain to be confirmed and colour to be decided.

That doesn't mean people can't join in later, just that the decision on colour will have already been made.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
207bky8l
Username
Capt. Parson or CP item
or to give time for the captain to review and decide:
15:30 for sign up
16:00 for captain to be confirmed
16:30 for colour to be decided.
(You can tell I'm thinking this as I type it)
That is still a decision on the colour 90 minutes in advance of the pad being opened. I think that is far enough in advance for a final decision.

Dodo

Flying Foxes II
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ggn86h
Username
Dodo [item]
I put the Captain's show up time for 16 UTC to have a chance to contact the substitute in case of no show. We could notwithstanding wait until 17:45 UTC for the pad decision. Or does this bring any inconveniences?

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
207bky8l
Username
Capt. Parson or CP item
Changing the subject slightly,

Everyone please stick to SF and EB only for now. If we have just one or two more joining we should be able to launch easily.
I will review again in 2 hours,

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
207bky8l
Username
Capt. Parson or CP item
With 15 players in so far I still think we can do this on SF and EB only if we all hold our nerve.

I'm going to put in 92 points now to give a big enough buffer for all those who are not sleeping to keep on putting in points while I am. So you keep on burning up that small stuff and I'll be back in the morning :sleep:

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
207bky8l
Username
Capt. Parson or CP item

Dodo

Flying Foxes II
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ggn86h
Username
Dodo [item]
@david smith (GMRD3)
Foul! You queue jumped many players. Please put only SF and EB.
No more points for the next 8 hours please!
Your freezing time was until 6:55 UTC with 54 points. At 8:55 you had 138 which means that you again did not comply with our rules as all 14 others. You are banned from this flight. @david smith

Last edited:
Top Bottom