Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Airport City on Windows Phone/Mobile question (new store listing)

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
captain ian
First, I think that GI have dropped support for Airport City for Windows Phone 8.1 - my support request was answered in German rather than English but a translation suggests that they no longer support it. Makes sense as Microsoft no longer support it either (desktop support for Windows 8.1 also appears to have ended, which is far more questionable with support continuing for another 6 years).

My question though regards Windows 10 Mobile.

I've had a game running for around 18 months with no problems - however, on attempting to force the version 6 update (with helicopters) I ended up finding a separate listing for Airport City which I've installed. It looks like GI have used the universal app feature as the new version is available for PC, Mobile, Hololens and Hub.

The previous listing is now showing as not available.
This is more of an FYI post but I'm wondering if anyone has spotted the same and if anyone can answer if that means that my existing game (captain ian 2) will need to be moved to the new version of the app or otherwise.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
First, I think that GI have dropped support for Airport City for Windows Phone 8.1 - my support request was answered in German rather than English but a translation suggests that they no longer support it. Makes sense as Microsoft no longer support it either (desktop support for Windows 8.1 also appears to have ended, which is far more questionable with support continuing for another 6 years).

My question though regards Windows 10 Mobile.

I've had a game running for around 18 months with no problems - however, on attempting to force the version 6 update (with helicopters) I ended up finding a separate listing for Airport City which I've installed. It looks like GI have used the universal app feature as the new version is available for PC, Mobile, Hololens and Hub.

The previous listing is now showing as not available.
This is more of an FYI post but I'm wondering if anyone has spotted the same and if anyone can answer if that means that my existing game (captain ian 2) will need to be moved to the new version of the app or otherwise.

windows version of the new update are not available as they have tech issues.
You may have updated to the voronka version which is slightly different then the current windows version.

Top Bottom