Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Age of Ash

Been flying all day to LA, Bali & Lima with all my planes and have used various bonus combinations and arrangements. I reckon I have flown well over 200 flights today and total CWC items dropped was..........
Zero!!!

Definitely can't see me competing this quest - been a real toughie. Only have 1-1-0-0-0 to date on CWCollection.

Last edited:
Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
Seriously Ivan Free2Play WTF is the drop % categorized as "often"? Out of 10 times clicking on the freaking Institution, I've only got 2 freaking Jackhammer. And out of my last 5 clicks, only 1 Damnhammer drop. Is 20% categorized as "often"? You want to make it hard, sure, but don't say it's "often" when it's only freaking 20% chance of getting the Banhammer because it's misleading. I don't have much hope to complete the Age of Ash event, so I actually just play it for fun, but this triggers me.

EDIT: Oh, and here's one the main reasons why I give up hope of completing the event early: ~130 flights to Los Angeles + ~30 flights to Bali, 0 drop for Cold War collection. Not much compared to other forum members, but I know it's bull**** when it's a big 0 for that amount of flights. Didn't use bonuses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Seriously Ivan Free2Play WTF is the drop % categorized as "often"? Out of 10 times clicking on the freaking Institution, I've only got 2 freaking Jackhammer. And out of my last 5 clicks, only 1 Damnhammer drop. Is 20% categorized as "often"? You want to make it hard, sure, but don't say it's "often" when it's only freaking 20% chance of getting the Banhammer because it's misleading. I don't have much hope to complete the Age of Ass event, so I actually just play it for fun, but this triggers me.
Actually yes - often is 1 in 5 approximately, seldom is around 1/8

CharisseNicole

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
03q57kfpi
Username
CharisseNicole
There were several people who reported success on CW collection using gold dice or some combination with gold dice. And Gigamon tested other two options. Painful experience for him but probably very useful information for others. It seems CW items are defined as collectible and not quest or regular, so golden dice should be the right boost.
I tried the aforementioned Golden Dice + Spyglass combo and got 6 Gates of Hell drops after 200 trees, which is better than usual for sure. However considering most of them were dupes, I still need to finish that collection once more. While the bonuses were running I completed around 120 flights to CW destinations and got not ONE drop. So was it helpful? Yes, but not a sure fire way to finish CW.

I hope when the event is over, it will let me remove the institute of volcanology. Right now, it seems stuck.

institute.JPG

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ywil1i
Username
Yos
6 Gates of Hell drops after 200 trees

About Gates of Hell collection. About 200 trees (most of them with spy glass) gave me three sets on Android. My wife clicked 100 trees with spy glass on iOS and still have none (one item missing for first collection). And just for fun i activated spy glass on my support account on windows and clicked 100 trees. Got six collections. Not items, collections. Over next days i have kept using saws from neigbours without any bonus and current score is 8-4-4-0-7 + 10 complete collections.

And one more thing i have noticed. Volcano has very seldom drop rate on Android and iOS. On Windows it's seldom. Seems like one of these platforms is dev's favorite.

Last edited:

CharisseNicole

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
03q57kfpi
Username
CharisseNicole
About Gates of Hell collection. About 200 trees (most of them with spy glass) gave me three sets on Android. My wife clicked 100 trees with spy glass on iOS and still have none (one item missing for first collection). And just for fun i activated spy glass on my support account on windows and clicked 100 trees. Got six collections. Not items, collections. Over next day i have kept using saws from neigbours without any bonus and current score is 8-4-4-0-7 + 10 complete collections.

And one more thing i have noticed. Volcano has very seldom drop rate on Android and iOS. On Windows it's seldom. Seems like one of these platforms is dev's favorite.

I've seen that everyone who has had great success with this quest was on Windows. Fairly ridiculous, but it is what it is. I'm an obsessive kind of person so I can't just quit, but I wish I would have weeks ago before I was committed to it. CW will be the only set I won't finish.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Just spent another eight hours setting timers, using a lot of fuel, Landing Lamps and Fuel Catalysts plus Golden Key, Golden Dice, Vintage Weathervane and Secret Faucet bonuses to no avail. Eight hours of flying and no drops for the Cold War Collection. None. Nada. Zip.
Am I discouraged? Yes.
Will I try again tomorrow on the last full day of the quest? No.
I learn quickly. And what I've learned over the past two weeks is that the drop rate for the Cold War items is close to zero. I'm not wasting any more effort on it.
This will be the first time in four plus years of playing Airport City that I could not complete a quest.
Cheers,
Tom

Bruno237

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Bruno237
Username
Bruno237
Hello,
The same problem for me, on iOS.
I have got some items of the Cold War Collection, but the drops are so rare with a lot of flights and even with a lot of Bonus (Sky captain, Spyglass and the two dices, ...) and a lot lot lot of Fuel used, and a lot, lot, lot of time wasted !!
And done several times !
This is programming mistakes.

Just a hint : i noticed that if you play OFFLINE, the drop are a little better, but the flights are not counted in the top 100 !
EDIT : The flights are OK in the Top 100.
Disgusting Quest (on iOs and Android) !

Last edited:

captain_jack

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
fox /item
I have same problem. No CW drops in last 2 days - yesterday with 3 bonuses (spy glass, dice, golden dice), today spy glass only, flying with 8 jets. My result is 5-4-9-1-5, but no drop since saturday (over 150 flights). I was quite optimistic 2 days ago, now I think my chance to complete this event is less than 20 %.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04jxy6kb
Username
ryder
Hello,
The same problem for me, on iOS.
I have got some items of the Cold War Collection, but the drops are so rare with a lot of flights and even with a lot of Bonus (Sky captain, Spyglass and the two dices, ...) and a lot lot lot of Fuel used, and a lot, lot, lot of time wasted !!
And done several times !
This is programming mistakes.

Just a hint : i noticed that if you play OFFLINE, the drop are a little better, but the flights are not counted in the top 100 !
Disgusting Quest (on iOs and Android) !

As low as the CW drops are, there must be some logic to the drops, as very few players have had success with use of bonus combinations.

The final mini-quest is called 'Sober Reckoning' and is described below.....

"Everything is going to be OK! Collect everything we need in time, and we will destroy the volcano before it destroys us and thus we will write our names in the annals of history. Your cool, rational thinking and sober reckoning will lead us to success."

I may be overthinking this, but I wonder if it's something to do with the timing of the planes landing (i.e. 5 minutes before the volcano drop / 1 minute after picking up a particulate filter / 2 minutes after a jackhammer drop).

I am quitting the quest also. This is the first quest in over 3 years I could not complete and it is very disappointing. I hardly ever had to use bonuses for any of the others as I had the patience to wait and didn't need to complete it in a couple of days. This quest used a lot of bonuses, fuel, flight items, greenies for the golden dice which weren't suppose to work anyway.....oh....wait.....it didn't.... I now need to build up my warehouse.

There is definitely programming errors with this event and hopefully if it comes back next year, these will be fixed.

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
Think about it. Our games have different issues. Some get the reset to lower level. Some get the crashing bug. Some get the empty city bug. Some get the good bugs, etc. It's not too far-fetched that it is the same with this quest. Some of us could have 1 in 200 flight drop bug or so. It's definitely a programming issue.

Top Bottom