Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Abbrevations in nickname

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I think that focusing on abbreviations is wrong approach. There are no rules on how to make abbreviations, so eg E-Reader I've seen as "er" "eReader" "reader" "eRder". And that's only the ways I've actually seen, because few other are possible as well.

What I think is needed is translation of full names, so we all can be talking about "Attitude Indicator" instead of "Horizon Artificiel (abbreviated AI)".

Normalizing abbreviations is another thing, that would help all players alike, including English and non-English players. But if you play the game in some other language, knowing the exact English names will allow to decipher any abbreviation no matter how messed up.

I think that focusing on abbreviations is wrong approach. There are no rules on how to make abbreviations, so eg E-Reader I've seen as "er" "eReader" "reader" "eRder". And that's only the ways I've actually seen, because few other are possible as well.

What I think is needed is translation of full names, so we all can be talking about "Attitude Indicator" instead of "Horizon Artificiel (abbreviated AI)".

Normalizing abbreviations is another thing, that would help all players alike, including English and non-English players. But if you play the game in some other language, knowing the exact English names will allow to decipher any abbreviation no matter how messed up.
I think both are important. I struggled a while until I understood what AI stands for :p
And translations are also a must. It took me ages until I got my signature finished, because I didn't know how to translate to English some of the items in my gifting list. This is also due to the fact that 1) some words are fairly technical and 2) some of the PT designations don't make sense to me (in Portuguese). Just to give an example: if I translated to English, word by word, a spiked tire would be a flat tire :ROFLMAO:.

I also wonder if @TeresaLisboa ’s translation for “spiked” treated the words together like a punctured tire? (Or TYRE as it’s spelled in real English ;))
It can also be Brazilian Portuguese... so many words are different !
in Portuguese from Portugal I'm used to hear "pneus com pregos" which is (word by word translation) tyres (thanks Bob :)) with spikes (pregos in Pt, which can be translated as spikes or nails, depending on what you want to say)

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
(Or TYRE as it’s spelled in real English ;))
I'm not biased, they're both real to me:
abe.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom