Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

5.4.16 update on android bringing 100 limit - POLL inculded, Will you continue to play?

Would you continue to play Airport City if the 100 limit item is rolled out to everyone?

• Yes

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • No

Votes: 113 78.5%
  • Yes, but I would play less often

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Undecided - Please comment below

Votes: 8 5.6%

• Total voters

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
The only thing I'd add is "nor ethical" :eek::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Plus you notice, the "free to fly" tag has been retired. Did the developer Road 404 sell all rights to GI in 2015? https://www.facebook.com/road404/
I see them rolling over in their pre existent graves. I would so love to hear from one of them. Such a brilliant idea gone to ruin, such a joyful game gone to hell. :(

Maybe it's been retired cause it will no longer be free. :D

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
I am at level 73 but I am WAY behind a lot of the long term players here. I am still working on finishing the first 100 green launches. I am also still catching up on my backlog of purchased exploration maps. There is NEVER enough fuel even though I have both oil refineries (both at level 2 and I am NOT spending 2000 greenies to put one of them to level 3 - that's crazy talk). I haven't even started flying to the space map destinations.

What does all this have to do with the 100 per unit limit in the warehouse? Well, simply that I have been collecting items (ear plugs, beds, flight catering meals), for some time, and have well over 100 of each of those items. I would not want to lose them. To do that would be to penalize a long time player, like myself, who has been following the rules and who HAS spent real money on this game.

Someone, please, explain the logic of such an action to me. The only sense I can make of it, is that this is some type of a set up for a money grab by GI, either now or in the near future. The other possibility is that some manager somewhere got hold of a 'bad burger', is now suffering from 'mad cow disease', and then that person made this crazy 100 per unit limit decision.

I like Airport City, all in all. Sure it takes a very long time to make any progress. Fortunately I have a life, and many other things to occupy my time so I can wait for flights to return and buildings to get built. I play once a day (after the timer reset) to collect gifts and fly flights for about 3 to 4 hours. Then I land guest planes to build up passengers and fuel until my tablet needs to be charged.

The 100 per unit limit though, is going to make playing this game a whole lot less fun.

It is only my personal option, and I am not a tablet game programmer, but it seems based on how the game performs on my latest ASUS tablet transformer, the game code needs a major overhaul. There is something in there that is causing a memory leak/game slow down. I see this as the radars no longer scroll smoothly. They jerk and jump about, until the game 'catches up' on some type of internal process. This usually happens if the tablet 'goes to sleep after five minutes', or after I have been playing for about 4 hours.

I put up with this (or reboot the tablet), because I like Airport City, and in the great plan of the galaxy, this isn't really all that important.

I do not understand how the 100 per item limit is going to help anyone, least of all GI. Should that 100 per item limit be imposed on me, I will have to give serous thought to playing this game a lot less or maybe even not at all.

Confused but hanging in there,
Canadian Cowboy.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I am at level 73 but I am WAY behind a lot of the long term players here. I am still working on finishing the first 100 green launches. I am also still catching up on my backlog of purchased exploration maps. There is NEVER enough fuel even though I have both oil refineries (both at level 2 and I am NOT spending 2000 greenies to put one of them to level 3 - that's crazy talk). I haven't even started flying to the space map destinations.

What does all this have to do with the 100 per unit limit in the warehouse? Well, simply that I have been collecting items (ear plugs, beds, flight catering meals), for some time, and have well over 100 of each of those items. I would not want to lose them. To do that would be to penalize a long time player, like myself, who has been following the rules and who HAS spent real money on this game.

Someone, please, explain the logic of such an action to me. The only sense I can make of it, is that this is some type of a set up for a money grab by GI, either now or in the near future. The other possibility is that some manager somewhere got hold of a 'bad burger', is now suffering from 'mad cow disease', and then that person made this crazy 100 per unit limit decision.

I like Airport City, all in all. Sure it takes a very long time to make any progress. Fortunately I have a life, and many other things to occupy my time so I can wait for flights to return and buildings to get built. I play once a day (after the timer reset) to collect gifts and fly flights for about 3 to 4 hours. Then I land guest planes to build up passengers and fuel until my tablet needs to be charged.

The 100 per unit limit though, is going to make playing this game a whole lot less fun.

It is only my personal option, and I am not a tablet game programmer, but it seems based on how the game performs on my latest ASUS tablet transformer, the game code needs a major overhaul. There is something in there that is causing a memory leak/game slow down. I see this as the radars no longer scroll smoothly. They jerk and jump about, until the game 'catches up' on some type of internal process. This usually happens if the tablet 'goes to sleep after five minutes', or after I have been playing for about 4 hours.

I put up with this (or reboot the tablet), because I like Airport City, and in the great plan of the galaxy, this isn't really all that important.

I do not understand how the 100 per item limit is going to help anyone, least of all GI. Should that 100 per item limit be imposed on me, I will have to give serous thought to playing this game a lot less or maybe even not at all.

Confused but hanging in there,
Canadian Cowboy.
GI's logic is always off, it would stop people spending money as they can't stockpile. In talks with them trying to get them to lift and reconsider

Løssnus

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Usernamelkkkkkkk
Username
Usernamelkkkkkkk
Just for the record: nobody takes away what you already have stored. But you wouldn't be able to get more until you spend those things that you have already. And, as I've mentioned before, it's affecting either new players or if you do a complete re-install of the game and your friend code changes.

My friend code is the same as before and I have the 100 limit.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
038sf1s9
Username
Lindy
Game Insight (or any other developer) has nothing to do with reviews in App Store, wherever new update is released there's usually some time before you can post a review for it, App Store regulates it itself. I'd suggest trying again later.
My game will not load, it says it is loading, but it isn't. Can I delete the game and reinstall it?

suckerp

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04sj8mjr
Username
SPNEW-NeededItem
My game will not load, it says it is loading, but it isn't. Can I delete the game and reinstall it?
Better not. I think the solution is to set your phone language to one if the offically supported languages like English until they fix it.
If you reinstall you'll get the 100 limit if it even starts then because of the language issue.

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
Looks to me that the pool backfired a bit. I can just see GI rubbing their hands in glee. :smug::smug::smug: Saying:
"See, we'll only lose 100 players--we've got them over a barrel and can extort even more money from the hooked players". :greedy:

Løssnus

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Usernamelkkkkkkk
Username
Usernamelkkkkkkk
Its resolved for me too. But not trough support. Last update from support is "they are working hard solving my issue".
Luckily someone in my alliance could fix it for me.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
038sf1s9
Username
Lindy
Its resolved for me too. But not trough support. Last update from support is "they are working hard solving my issue".
Luckily someone in my alliance could fix it for me.
They slapped the 100 limit on me too.
Limit was removed today. Was very fast. And I think Gi should get some kudos for it. I just wonder if my game crashes again, and I have to reinstall it again, would I need to go thru all the hassle to get it lifted again...

Top Bottom