Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

100 item limit - mine has been lifted

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
Here’s the correspondence between GI and I...seems like they may be thinking about changing the limit...not sure...but I will start emailing once a week...every time the ridiculous task pops...which is weekly....maybe I’ll start emailing from both accounts and if others keep doing also maybe it will change.

Me...
The 100 item limit is unfair to those of us that started the game after a certain date. There isn’t a level playing field and it’s almost impossible to achieve certain aspects of the game once you reach a certain level. For example, flying maps and task. Also trying to compete for top spots to destinations. Some of my tasks are completely out of range. This week I have a task for turboprops that’s 858 flights that require landing lamps. Another task is 146 turboprop flights that also require landing lamps. I have a 2nd account that has task with the same unreachable task goals. It’s not possible or at least probable that I could get that many single items from gifts or flying and still meet the larger number flights. In order to continue to play and increase purchases, I need this limit removed from my accounts.

GI...
Dear player,

I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated with these situations. I'll pass your comments to the developers for consideration. It's possible that there will be some changes in the future - the game is constantly evolving, so it could bring joy to the most of our players.
I share your frustrations Jay. I had a very similar response from GIS when I complained about the 100 limit imposed on me since I started playing. This is my main annoyance with the game I currently play - going for more than one alliance task is utterly impractical once the missions go above 100 flights. Although Turboprops are achievable - the landing Lamp drops every flight from Turkish coast - meaning that I fly at least 100 flights every week there. But getting flight items from other sources requires permenant Dice bonus, and even then its only dropping about one in three flights.

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
I share your frustrations Jay. I had a very similar response from GIS when I complained about the 100 limit imposed on me since I started playing. This is my main annoyance with the game I currently play - going for more than one alliance task is utterly impractical once the missions go above 100 flights. Although Turboprops are achievable - the landing Lamp drops every flight from Turkish coast - meaning that I fly at least 100 flights every week there. But getting flight items from other sources requires permenant Dice bonus, and even then its only dropping about one in three flights.

On both accounts, I’m doing the same. I fly to Turkish Coast consistently....every time I complete my task. This week I had to start earlier than usual because of the event I didn’t have time to gather 100 previously...In addition, I need LL for maps. I try to keep a few in waiting in the gift section also and only use during maps because of this ridiculous limit.
However, I refuse to purchase the bonuses to help alleviate the limitation, because it’s not fair and in my opinion giving GI exactly what they want. So, I just fly enough for the flight items before I begin flying to a particular destination....otherwise I ask for gifts.

SS1

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hwuqah
Username
SS1
Congrats. It' only recently that I've realised that there are two separate classes here those with the limit and those without. It creates an unfair, unlevel playing field.

We are all competing for the same prizes, yet some have to do it with one arm tied behind their back!!!

It' just not fair

This post hits the nail right on the head as it's what happened to all of us. It's a textbook case of bait and switch. As soon as you start to play AC you are immediately exposed to Madlen's city (and taken back in awe) and even presented words of encouragement from the pop up in the game at that time that you too will have a city like this one day. Then you begin to get neighbors and see their awesome cities,, and it generates excitement to play and play the game to get these cool building, airplanes, and structures.......... Then fast forward a couple of months and countless hours grinding away collecting coins and flying the wings off of all of your planes,,,,,,and you learn about the 100 item limit that's on your game but none of all of those high level players who cities you were in awe of and hoped to have one day have the limit. Then it hits you that you've been tricked, your game is fixed and you will never have a city like those you were exposed to after starting to play the game. This realization is beyond frustrating,, it makes you angry. Then you message support and receive back the canned response which is even more infuriating. The underlying response message is "we knew you would realize that we tricked you at some point and here's a generic message we have prepared for all of you 2nd class players".

I personally have several people that I think would really enjoy AC,, but refuse to tell them about the game because of this unfair limit.

One final thought,, with all of the popups in this game (which have gone completely crazy!) why not a disclosure that pops up each level for the first 30 levels explaining this 100 item warehouse limit and that it was imposed on May xx, 2017 on all new players,, and that this limit will affect long term game play and what can be accomplished in the game in higher levels.
The fact that GI does not do this (like 1 more popup added to the dozen useless ones that popup regularly) is proof that this is 100% an intended deception on new players of the game. It's shameful!

AshPort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03bv6gap
Username
Ashport
This post hits the nail right on the head as it's what happened to all of us. It's a textbook case of bait and switch. As soon as you start to play AC you are immediately exposed to Madlen's city (and taken back in awe) and even presented words of encouragement from the pop up in the game at that time that you too will have a city like this one day. Then you begin to get neighbors and see their awesome cities,, and it generates excitement to play and play the game to get these cool building, airplanes, and structures.......... Then fast forward a couple of months and countless hours grinding away collecting coins and flying the wings off of all of your planes,,,,,,and you learn about the 100 item limit that's on your game but none of all of those high level players who cities you were in awe of and hoped to have one day have the limit. Then it hits you that you've been tricked, your game is fixed and you will never have a city like those you were exposed to after starting to play the game. This realization is beyond frustrating,, it makes you angry. Then you message support and receive back the canned response which is even more infuriating. The underlying response message is "we knew you would realize that we tricked you at some point and here's a generic message we have prepared for all of you 2nd class players".

I personally have several people that I think would really enjoy AC,, but refuse to tell them about the game because of this unfair limit.

One final thought,, with all of the popups in this game (which have gone completely crazy!) why not a disclosure that pops up each level for the first 30 levels explaining this 100 item warehouse limit and that it was imposed on May xx, 2017 on all new players,, and that this limit will affect long term game play and what can be accomplished in the game in higher levels.
The fact that GI does not do this (like 1 more popup added to the dozen useless ones that popup regularly) is proof that this is 100% an intended deception on new players of the game. It's shameful!
well said

one of my arguments was simply "the future of you game is the long time player who will spend, and that player cannot be from the new group of players, coz they wont spend just to be ordinary in this game, they want to be great at this game"

Here’s the correspondence between GI and I...seems like they may be thinking about changing the limit...not sure...but I will start emailing once a week...every time the ridiculous task pops...which is weekly....maybe I’ll start emailing from both accounts and if others keep doing also maybe it will change.

Me...
The 100 item limit is unfair to those of us that started the game after a certain date. There isn’t a level playing field and it’s almost impossible to achieve certain aspects of the game once you reach a certain level. For example, flying maps and task. Also trying to compete for top spots to destinations. Some of my tasks are completely out of range. This week I have a task for turboprops that’s 858 flights that require landing lamps. Another task is 146 turboprop flights that also require landing lamps. I have a 2nd account that has task with the same unreachable task goals. It’s not possible or at least probable that I could get that many single items from gifts or flying and still meet the larger number flights. In order to continue to play and increase purchases, I need this limit removed from my accounts.

GI...
Dear player,

I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated with these situations. I'll pass your comments to the developers for consideration. It's possible that there will be some changes in the future - the game is constantly evolving, so it could bring joy to the most of our players.

When I said they are making doing alliance mission impossible with destinations requiring flights over a few hundreds with flight items, their response was "We are not in the position of providing strategy for your game. But you can collect those items by flying specific destinations or as a gift from your neighbors"
Amazing answer isn't it?
And at the end, they said "You are always welcome to play this free game."
For me, it was like, "This game is free, so shut up and play"

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
When I said they are making doing alliance mission impossible with destinations requiring flights over a few hundreds with flight items, their response was "We are not in the position of providing strategy for your game. But you can collect those items by flying specific destinations or as a gift from your neighbors"
Amazing answer isn't it?
And at the end, they said "You are always welcome to play this free game."
For me, it was like, "This game is free, so shut up and play"
Wow...that would have really p****d me off.

AshPort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03bv6gap
Username
Ashport
Just wondering. When did you start playing?
One of the reason why they refused to my request was because I started playing in August.
around may, but they can see that i spend, maybe $15 a month, nothing the last 2 months
maybe strategy for them also

whilst you get frustrated, try not to

try to think practically and explain thoughtfully to them, eventually they do something great, and dont really tell you

i could have kept this a secret, so its not my intention to boast, but to try and keep the game equal across the game

Top Bottom