Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS What happens if I re-install the AC app?

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03w7lq6q
Username
Andy
I'm wondering if some of the more experienced players here might have encountered this situation before. My game seems to have crashed in a strange way - it's loading, but then shuts down immediately. On iPad. I cannot click on anything or raise a support ticket. Tried restarting, force restarting the iPad, same thing happens.

My question is - what would happen if I were to delete the game and reinstall it? Would I lose everything or would it pick up my user ID and reinstate?

Any help much appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if some of the more experienced players here might have encountered this situation before. My game seems to have crashed in a strange way - it's loading, but then shuts down immediately. On iPad. I cannot click on anything or raise a support ticket. Tried restarting, force restarting the iPad, same thing happens.

My question is - what would happen if I were to delete the game and reinstall it? Would I lose everything or would it pick up my user ID and reinstate?

Any help much appreciated.
Do u back up your frequently

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03w7lq6q
Username
Andy
iOS, so from Apple App Store.
I understand that usually reinstall wipes everything out.
However, on my second iPad where I have my support game, I get the Profile Restoration popup once ina while which offers me to choose between the support and the main profiles.
I'm wondering if there is a way to force this to pop up?
Thanks.

Jon Allen

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
TokyoJon2015
Username
TokyoJon2015
I had a similar problem in the past. The app crashed within a minute of opening it..
this was before the current problems so this may not be relevant.

they told me to do the following :
To successfully finish the transfer of your profile to the new app, our server should have access to one of the device parameters. To get access to the required data, the Limit Add Tracking option should be disabled, while the situation is opposite on your device. This option should be disabled during the transfer process, and you can enable it again anytime after the transfer is finished.

I've compiled a step-by-step guide for you:

1. Close new Airport City app completely.

To close the app, double click the Home button so Multitasking pops up and then swipe up on the game window.

2. Open Settings of your device, go to Privacy and choose Advertising. Disable the Limit Add Tracking option: the slider should be in the left position.

If the option is unavailable to you, go to Settings, choose General, then Restrictions, open Advertising and tick the Allow Changes option.

3. Use the Reset Advertising Identifier option.

4. Open the Airport City HD app. Switch it to the background pressing the Home button once, then open it again, and finally, switch it to the background one more time.

5. Open the game again, and you’ll get a profile restoration window. Choose your old profile in the window and wait till the restore process is finished.

and it worked.. I was able to get my saved game working again after the re-install.

I had a similar problem in the past. The app crashed within a minute of opening it..

To successfully finish the transfer of your profile to the new app, our server should have access to one of the device parameters. To get access to the required data, the Limit Add Tracking option should be disabled, while the situation is opposite on your device. This option should be disabled during the transfer process, and you can enable it again anytime after the transfer is finished.

To close the app, double click the Home button so Multitasking pops up and then swipe up on the game window.

2. Open Settings of your device, go to Privacy and choose Advertising. Disable the Limit Add Tracking option: the slider should be in the left position.

If the option is unavailable to you, go to Settings, choose General, then Restrictions, open Advertising and tick the Allow Changes option.

4. Open the Airport City HD app. Switch it to the background pressing the Home button once, then open it again, and finally, switch it to the background one more time.

5. Open the game again, and you’ll get a profile restoration window. Choose your old profile in the window and wait till the restore process is finished.

and it worked.. I was able to get my saved game working again after the re-install.
Better to put these steps in Separated thread this will help a lot players in the future. (y)

Two questions..
1. How do you save (back up) your game to follow this process?
2. Anyone knows how to do this in Android?

Top Bottom