Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

User Tagging Issues

@flip123

One of the reasons your not getting replies when someone quotes you or when they post in a thread your watching is because you dont have it turned on in your "Alert Preferences"

alertflip.png

@Juvenal - Regarding this post you made in the Daily Trade Thread - https://www.airportcitygame.com/index.php?threads/wednesday-7th-january-2015.6844/#post-93271

You had tagged too many people. There was a limit set to the amount of people that could be tagged in a thread, however I have removed this limit now so that should solve that issue.

Regarding the two people you couldnt tag:
Toddfish - Last online June 2014
pedrokonosefisk - Last online May 2013

Im guessing their "Alert box" is completely full with unread alerts, as such they wont be taggable as there is no where for the alert to go.

I know, but the tag under the reply should have worked

- If someone tags you - you get one alert
- If some quotes you in their reply - you get one alert
- If someone quotes you and tags you - you only get one alert. This is because the software expects you to view the reply that has quoted you and as such you would see your name in the reply.

Regarding the screenshot you posted yesterday - When Pavolko tagged you, he also quoted you in his reply. This means you would only get an alert for the quote. As your preferences were set not to get an alert when someone quotes you, you didn't receive an alert. Alerts for replies take precedence over tags.

Regarding Juvenal tagging you earlier, he had quoted a lot of members which was above the limit that was set. As such, only the members were alerted until the limit was reached. Ive now changed that limit to prevent this from happening.

Hope that helps.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
So because I was quoted (and I don't have an alert on this) also the tagging (with alert) does not work for this post.

What is the reason why the daily tag made by @Tecmage never works? (see daily trading thread)

So because I was quoted (and I don't have an alert on this)
That means you wont get an alert if someone tags you if they have quoted you.

also the tagging (with alert) does not work for this post.
Which post? If your talking about my post above where I replied to you, thats because you dont have your alerts turned on for when you are quoted.

What is the reason why the daily tag made by @Tecmage never works? (see daily trading thread)

Can you link to the exact post where he tagged you and it didn't work? At a guess, probably when he made the post he tagged more than the limit allowed. However, as I said earlier, the limit has now been removed.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
Can you link to the exact post where he tagged you and it didn't work? At a guess, probably when he made the post he tagged more than the limit allowed. However, as I said earlier, the limit has now been removed.
He makes tagges almost every day in the daily. Tag's never work (already reported in the past). His list is much shorter then the one of Long so the lenght should not be the problem.
I see now that some other signs appeared in his posts (small planes?) never saw those before. But if you look in the past, at the end of a daily it contains his post

He makes tagges almost every day in the daily. Tag's never work (already reported in the past). His list is much shorter then the one of Long so the lenght should not be the problem.
I see now that some other signs appeared in his posts (small planes?) never saw those before. But if you look in the past, at the end of a daily it contains his post

The planes have gone, that was something I was testing and is unrelated to the tag modification.

Looking at his previous posts in the DTT - Looks like you haven't been tagged properly. The @ sign isn't a hyperlink. It also appears he copies and posts the tag list into each DTT, so as you wasnt tagged properly to start with (or could have been something go amiss when he copied and pasted), you wouldn't receive an alert.

@Dave ,
Your tags for me in this thread went through. Good job (y)
For tagging a lot of people, well that's the forum member that I trade for half a week.
For me it's rude for not thanking all of them.
I understand with the situation with pedrok and Toddfish.

For the Tecmage situation maybe he doing the exact thing I done in the past .. before @flip123 tells me.
He use direct copy paste. In the past the tagging don't work by doing copy paste, I don't know about now.

Btw I like what you done with the icon and how many alerts on the tab list.
Another good job (y).
I like to ask, is the Paypal the most secure way to send money?
I kinda used to pay like we pay to Google Play .. :D
There is no thing like that in Windows right.

ps: @flip123 did my tags works for you ?

@Dave ,
Your tags for me in this thread went through. Good job (y)
For tagging a lot of people, well that's the forum member that I trade for half a week.
For me it's rude for not thanking all of them.
I understand with the situation with pedrok and Toddfish.

For the Tecmage situation maybe he doing the exact thing I done in the past .. before @flip123 tells me.
He use direct copy paste. In the past the tagging don't work by doing copy paste, I don't know about now.

Btw I like what you done with the icon and how many alerts on the tab list.
Another good job (y).
I like to ask, is the Paypal the most secure way to send money?
I kinda used to pay like we pay to Google Play .. :D
There is no thing like that in Windows right.

ps: @flip123 did my tags works for you ?

Thanks @Juvenal

All comments help to improve the forum - such as removing the limit to the amount of people you can tag in a thread.

Paypal is a very safe and secure way of sending money - never had any issues with them in the past.

Top Bottom