Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Useless Buildings

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
In regards to Cosmic Fuel stations, we should be cautious suggesting they are useless.
True, for ourselves perhaps, but they are very worthwhile for neighbours in need of green-blue launch items. Helping neighbours is part of the game, and we can benefit too. This is why I have 2 and am working on building all 6.
True, but they should still modify the solid fuel to be more useful in game

I believe the most useless building is the Meteorological Lab. I built it in my first game and only used it once to build a massive spotlight very early. My second game I built it by accident instead of the Weather Station and have never used it. Have not built one since.
I find when I'm doing map flights, one weather related item will generally be required over - and over - and over again during the course of several hundred flights. Since we don't get Shaman Drum in the mystery bonus anymore, I find it well worth the time to use the Lab to start churning out that item as fast as it can. Other than that, I try to keep a stash of 10-15 of each item, and replenish once or twice a month.

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
I find when I'm doing map flights, one weather related item will generally be required over - and over - and over again during the course of several hundred flights. Since we don't get Shaman Drum in the mystery bonus anymore, I find it well worth the time to use the Lab to start churning out that item as fast as it can. Other than that, I try to keep a stash of 10-15 of each item, and replenish once or twice a month.
I get Shaman Drum from the Weather station and use old barometers, but I have not spent a lot of time in the maps yet. Maybe I will find it more useful then.

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
Contemporary arts center is 3x3 and produces less coins than Business Centre. Then Water Park for people that play a lot, produces less coins than both of them. However, Water Park is not as expensive as the other ones.

I haven't made my pick yet. I am still looking.
People can visit the water park though and get coral for the fish bowl collection.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I get Shaman Drum from the Weather station and use old barometers, but I have not spent a lot of time in the maps yet. Maybe I will find it more useful then.
You will. It was a real shame when they removed shaman drum and old barometer from the mystery items...those items are extremely useful when flying maps and you want every fuel to count. The few I have left, Im saving them for those really important map flights

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
You will. It was a real shame when they removed shaman drum and old barometer from the mystery items...those items are extremely useful when flying maps and you want every fuel to count. The few I have left, Im saving them for those really important map flights
The shamun drum can still be collected from the weather station. In my opinion it was great that they removed those items as well as the others. It made the mystery bonus box that much more valuable.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
The shamun drum can still be collected from the weather station. In my opinion it was great that they removed those items as well as the others. It made the mystery bonus box that much more valuable.
Yes I know about the shaman drum from the weather station, but I keep forgetting to do those daily flights.
I feel like they couldve removed the lanturn at least....and I wouldnt mind the golden toad going either.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
Yes I know about the shaman drum from the weather station, but I keep forgetting to do those daily flights.
I feel like they couldve removed the lanturn at least....and I wouldnt mind the golden toad going either.
There is nothing wrong with the golden toad in my opinion. It is a good bonus.

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3

Maybe they were looking for a reason to remove the weather station from this list, by making it needed for the Shaman drum.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
There is nothing wrong with the golden toad in my opinion. It is a good bonus.
I could see it having its use for those who want to collect from coin buildings right away, but I guess because I have a set order with collecting, it's not a useful bonus to my playing style. Maybe GI should make us able to trade bonuses? 😅
Either way, it is what it is, so we just have to make due with what we have. There are still some great bonuses remaining

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Maybe they were looking for a reason to remove the weather station from this list, by making it needed for the Shaman drum.
Possibly, but the weather station was always useful....its like the ground control building. They dont seem to do anything, but they make flights so much smoother, since the weather station reduces how often bad weather events occur

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I could see it having its use for those who want to collect from coin buildings right away, but I guess because I have a set order with collecting, it's not a useful bonus to my playing style. Maybe GI should make us able to trade bonuses? 😅
Either way, it is what it is, so we just have to make due with what we have. There are still some great bonuses remaining
I have a stack of these - one day when I have 6 planetariums and 6 training centres I will use them.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
Use your golden toads after you have a hefty amount of training centers, astronaut academies, business centers, private schools, and courthouses.
Or use it after using an inconvertable coin if you don't have those buildings, or with it even if you do.
Or during an event when you need items to drop from buildings for the event collections.

Some bonuses work great for some players and don't for some. Use it how you see best.

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
I believe the most useless building is the Meteorological Lab. I built it in my first game and only used it once to build a massive spotlight very early. My second game I built it by accident instead of the Weather Station and have never used it. Have not built one since.
Nope, it’s still the Duty Free. Before beating the game and riding off quietly into the sunset, you should try flying volumes on maps. You’ll need the Meteo Lab. Stock up before you get there.
Of course, all in my humblest opinion.

Top Bottom