Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Upgrading to Reserve Hangar 2

I have Reserve Hangar 1 with 2 slots (1 was free the other paid with greenies).

If I upgrade to Reserve Hangar 2 which the WIKI says comes with 2 spots will I retain the paid spot having 3 total???

Any recommendations guidance in general? My plan would be to keep an extra fleet of planes available. For example, keep a fleet of owls available to do QL map runs while working on my current level of planes which wil be Raven soon.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I have Reserve Hangar 1 with 2 slots (1 was free the other paid with greenies).

If I upgrade to Reserve Hangar 2 which the WIKI says comes with 2 spots will I retain the paid spot having 3 total???

Any recommendations guidance in general? My plan would be to keep an extra fleet of planes available. For example, keep a fleet of owls available to do QL map runs while working on my current level of planes which wil be Raven soon.

Thanks!
In the long run, I see it as storage for planes you don’t want to sell, e.g. those that are very expensive and S1/2/3 planes.
Nothing wrong with keeping Owls in there now, but they are so cheap to buy, I dont keep them in my fleet. Personally I’m happy to buy/sell anything up to jumbos as and when needed.
As you get to larger planes it becomes very difficult to keep a full fleet flying, due to item requirements. So people tend to diversify at that point.
Flight catering buildings will give 1 meal every 12 hours - I think these can be sped up with videos, and the cost for an extra slot isn’t too expensive. The cost (Greens for extra slots) increases massively after jumbos though - anything after this point can’t be sped up with videos.

My thinking on the matter has shifted lately, and I consider those buildings in a similar manner to Heli’s. Personally once I have all the stars I probably won’t fly to normal destinations unless needed for an event, so it is a waste upgrading the slots. Normal destination stars are quite easy to get, it’s just a matter of time. Everything else takes priority for me.

Most of my slots are used to manipulate my weekly alliance destinations, and keep S3 planes in the process.

In the long run, I see it as storage for planes you don’t want to sell, e.g. those that are very expensive and S1/2/3 planes.
Nothing wrong with keeping Owls in there now, but they are so cheap to buy, I dont keep them in my fleet. Personally I’m happy to buy/sell anything up to jumbos as and when needed.
As you get to larger planes it becomes very difficult to keep a full fleet flying, due to item requirements. So people tend to diversify at that point.
Flight catering buildings will give 1 meal every 12 hours - I think these can be sped up with videos, and the cost for an extra slot isn’t too expensive. The cost (Greens for extra slots) increases massively after jumbos though - anything after this point can’t be sped up with videos.

My thinking on the matter has shifted lately, and I consider those buildings in a similar manner to Heli’s. Personally once I have all the stars I probably won’t fly to normal destinations unless needed for an event, so it is a waste upgrading the slots. Normal destination stars are quite easy to get, it’s just a matter of time. Everything else takes priority for me.

Most of my slots are used to manipulate my weekly alliance destinations, and keep S3 planes in the process.

Thank you for all that excellent information. I am not as far along as you so as you said it makes sense for me to keep an owl or hawk fleet available to work on getting QLs.

For the past year + I’ve employed a single plane fleet strategy and went back to swifts to 3 star all destinations (regular, map, alliance, space). I am currently about to finish with hawks. In anticipation of moving to ravens I’ve rebuilt my catering plants and will be considering the extra slots. I’ve never paid For anything in the hame but at this juncture the $30 for almost 400 greens is very enticing to get things up to speed. I’ve resisted the urge to purchase S1/2 planes waiting to work on S3’s! This game is mainly therapy for me as I am a very impatient person normally!

I am also still in major need for coins to finish upgrading everything so I try not to rebuy fleets by planning ahead. I look forward to the day I have more coins then needed and can switch my city to all pax generation.

Again thanks for taking the time to provide tips and info!!

Do you recommend a dual plane type fleet when I switch over to Ravens? Or Eagles or beyond.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Thank you for all that excellent information. I am not as far along as you so as you said it makes sense for me to keep an owl or hawk fleet available to work on getting QLs.

For the past year + I’ve employed a single plane fleet strategy and went back to swifts to 3 star all destinations (regular, map, alliance, space). I am currently about to finish with hawks. In anticipation of moving to ravens I’ve rebuilt my catering plants and will be considering the extra slots. I’ve never paid For anything in the hame but at this juncture the $30 for almost 400 greens is very enticing to get things up to speed. I’ve resisted the urge to purchase S1/2 planes waiting to work on S3’s! This game is mainly therapy for me as I am a very impatient person normally!

I am also still in major need for coins to finish upgrading everything so I try not to rebuy fleets by planning ahead. I look forward to the day I have more coins then needed and can switch my city to all pax generation.

Again thanks for taking the time to provide tips and info!!

Do you recommend a dual plane type fleet when I switch over to Ravens? Or Eagles or beyond.
Ravens, Eagles and Jumbos all need Flight Catering - other than the first few raven flights. Assuming you have 6 FC buildings, thats 12 a day. I don’t see any particular benefit/deficit in running those three planes together - the limiting factor is FC. Unless you rely heavily on gifted items, I’d call 12 a day 4 planes worth. Most flights need another flight item too, which you will probably want gifting otherwise it’ll be taking you years.
I would consider splitting your fleet so that you rely on other buildings too (laundrette, sweet factory, furniture thing and pharm lab).
You need to consider the affect on alliance tasks etc first, but you can’t fly 10 jumbos at a time now like you could before (stockpiling 1,000’s of FC before buying the planes).

The more expensive planes need a lot of flights for stars so there is plenty of work to be doing there.

If it’s something you enjoy, it’s worth spending a little every now and then. $30 is around 10 coffees? Not much in the grand scheme of things. I’d probably stick to land though - way back in the day I spent greens upgrading my FC output as I had maxed land (you can buy significantly more now). Pretty pointless now... Remember you can speed FC up 10 times a day with videos.
E5B003B2-1526-4CEE-B734-E79704C35D23.jpeg
41920A3A-C347-4B8C-B0D5-AB8F26153318.jpeg

Ravens, Eagles and Jumbos all need Flight Catering - other than the first few raven flights. Assuming you have 6 FC buildings, thats 12 a day. I don’t see any particular benefit/deficit in running those three planes together - the limiting factor is FC. Unless you rely heavily on gifted items, I’d call 12 a day 4 planes worth. Most flights need another flight item too, which you will probably want gifting otherwise it’ll be taking you years.
I would consider splitting your fleet so that you rely on other buildings too (laundrette, sweet factory, furniture thing and pharm lab).
You need to consider the affect on alliance tasks etc first, but you can’t fly 10 jumbos at a time now like you could before (stockpiling 1,000’s of FC before buying the planes).

The more expensive planes need a lot of flights for stars so there is plenty of work to be doing there.

If it’s something you enjoy, it’s worth spending a little every now and then. $30 is around 10 coffees? Not much in the grand scheme of things. I’d probably stick to land though - way back in the day I spent greens upgrading my FC output as I had maxed land (you can buy significantly more now). Pretty pointless now... Remember you can speed FC up 10 times a day with videos.
View attachment 32184View attachment 32185

All good. I'm planning on finishing hawks, moving on to ravens only. I'll keep the 6 FC's without upgrading them relying on ad speed ups and gifting for additional fight items.

I have not started on all the other airport side buildings so sweets, pharm, etc will have to wait (maybe know which to start first would hep down the line).

I am considering spending on a sale week a purchase of greenies to expand land. Other than that it will be finishing CT12, upgrading Terminal, stands, runway, finishing CT and whatever else is necessary..... it's just too much!

Thanks for the advice....

Top Bottom