Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Thinking of removing all coin buildings

Not just a square. I have 6 Investment Banks (+10% in a 2 radius) next to 6 Level 10 Game Studios (+10% in a 5 radius), and pretty much space out +% coin buildings strategically throughout my map to stack bonuses.

My map is 15x10 blocks (a block is 4x4 spaces) if that helps. Yes, I was a little nutty on land purchases for a while.
I think another point may being missed that I bring up. Sometimes, commercial buildings such as "Circus", "All Stars Theatre", "Donuts", and "VIP Lounge" may actually drop items for neighbors. There's a few other commercial buildings like that as well. Then you some event buildings that will actually help people during that particular event.

And while some population caps increases might not seem important, there are some that actually are. Grand Hotel increases your population cap by 300 per building (1,800 for 6) and Omega Hotel can increase your population cap by 500 per building (3,000 for 6).

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
I think another point may being missed that I bring up. Sometimes, commercial buildings such as "Circus", "All Stars Theatre", "Donuts", and "VIP Lounge" may actually drop items for neighbors. There's a few other commercial buildings like that as well. Then you some event buildings that will actually help people during that particular event.

And while some population caps increases might not seem important, there are some that actually are. Grand Hotel increases your population cap by 300 per building (1,800 for 6) and Omega Hotel can increase your population cap by 500 per building (3,000 for 6).

The Omega hotel price is just ridiculous. 500 gold tokens. At current, my city is quite large, and I'm far from a need for that omega hotel.
It just adds to my former post, when you are an advanced-level player, GI sees you as a cash cow.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Fed up with the daily Clickathon so am contemplating removing coin producing buildings from the airport. Maybe keep a small number that I find visually interesting - but want to send most to inventory. Has anyone done this? Any pitfalls?

P
Keep the buildings like private school, courthouse, and business center to give bonus rewards for their collections and keep your space drop buildings. I keep a few others out there because I worked so hard for them, but keep the previous two mentioned. They are gifts that keep on giving

A good collection of adventure buildings generates far more coins, and gives you =50 maximum population. I think the only worthwhile commercial buildings are:
  1. Luna Park for extra 100 max passengers per building
  2. Private school/Courthouse/Business Centre for extra bonuses
  3. Space buildings for launch collection items
  4. Buildings you simply like the look of
Commercial buildings take up space and generate too little income imho. Replace (store them all in warehouse - you never know when an event requires them) and put more profitable passenger generating buildings in their place. That also saves buying very expensive land.
When you say adventure buildings collect more coins, I assume this is that they generate enough collections items to then give you loads of coins?

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Correctamundo...

But must have loads of adventure buildings, perhaps them all 🤔
You dont need them all...although more certainly helps. I only have the first 6, and that is all I needed. To go one step further, I stopped completing collections months ago, because unless it's an event or a bonus Im in need of, there isn't any point in completing them anymore 🤷🏿‍♂️😅

HahAti

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Many of you have made quite a few good points.
As an average player I try to keep those buildings that either give ~60 coins/hour (Bowling alleys, Retro movie theaters, Triumph hotels, Chinese shops, ...), +20 coins per 20 minutes (Car dealerships, Festival campings, High-rise hotels, ...) or less than 1coin/minute but add population and/or bonuses. Oh, and 300+ coins/day buildings, too (Movie theaters, Private schools, ...).

If I play for some time or open the game a few times a day, then 60 coins/hour (and 20+ coins/20min) buildings definitely bring in lots of cash.
However, if I only open the game once to collect/send gifts, visit neighbors, send flights and collect coins/pax in one quick clickfest, then they feel... "unused". As in, 300+ coins/day buildings are MVPs in that aspect.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Many of you have made quite a few good points.
As an average player I try to keep those buildings that either give ~60 coins/hour (Bowling alleys, Retro movie theaters, Triumph hotels, Chinese shops, ...), +20 coins per 20 minutes (Car dealerships, Festival campings, High-rise hotels, ...) or less than 1coin/minute but add population and/or bonuses. Oh, and 300+ coins/day buildings, too (Movie theaters, Private schools, ...).

If I play for some time or open the game a few times a day, then 60 coins/hour (and 20+ coins/20min) buildings definitely bring in lots of cash.
However, if I only open the game once to collect/send gifts, visit neighbors, send flights and collect coins/pax in one quick clickfest, then they feel... "unused". As in, 300+ coins/day buildings are MVPs in that aspect.
50/hr used to be my threshold when I still needed coins, because I check my game frequently throughout the day. Back then, I would get about 5k coins/hr when I opened my game; was definitely helpful in getting cash quickly, without having to launch or do anything that required effort

True, but even in that case there are alternatives to movie theaters. I don’t like them much, as they are 3x3. keep an eye instead on All Stars theaters, that you can get from MSB1 (which you receive “for free” for playing every day) . They give 252 coins per 8 h… in a 2x2 space.

True, but even in that case there are alternatives to movie theaters. I don’t like them much, as they are 3x3. keep an eye instead on All Stars theaters, that you can get from MSB1 (which you receive “for free” for playing every day) . They give 252 coins per 8 h… in a 2x2 space.
All Stars Theaters are +20 population too! (y)

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
When you are starting out in the game, Movie Theaters are amazing though until you find better buildings. I had 6 of them for the longest time...

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I still have those out as well...as they contribute to my 8 hour collect with my circuses and business centers

Aviator TD

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Pilot TD
I agree, in that when considering the coin or PAX return per hour you should also consider the size of the building. 3x3s needs to be twice as effective as most 2x2s after taking the size of building (and road constraint) into account.

HahAti

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
I'm going to borrow this thread and necro the hell out of it :D

So, few months have passed and decided to get rid of over half of coin buildings and give both pax and financial magic squares a try (with a bit of moving around the same MS I get 88% for 3x3 buildings and 80% for 2x2 ones).
On one hand, it's definitely good idea to use with certain buildings (a la Private school and Grand hotel) because I got tired of coin-clicking.
On the other, however, this means moving buildings in and out of MS (albeit not as often as coin-clicking every hour).
I'd like to find this sweet spot with enough commercial bonus buildings spread all over the map AND keep enough buildings for a solid financial MS. (I know, I know,... optimist.)

If there is one, can someone please point me to the list of all commercial bonus buildings? If there isn't, I can make one but in this case I'll need some help figuring out these buildings in the first place.

Top Bottom