Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The Space Program Red Shuttle - A Suggestion For A Future Game Update

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
The Space Program Red Shuttle - A Suggestion For A Future Game Update
I'm assuming there are plans afoot to develop and greatly enhance the space program, at some point in a future game update. Perhaps with a new space vehicle and launch pad (piano black with chrome trim would be nice), mission to Mars?

I would like to make the following suggestion with regards to the red shuttle. As things currently stand, when a red shuttle returns and lands, it stops halfway along the second runway. When clicked on, it pays out the rewards and then disappears from the screen.

It would be good to see the red shuttle taken in tow, by a recovery vehicle, and transported to a designated area, where it could dock with a Shuttle Terminal Building with an extenable arm (similar to the terminal and boading bridge.) The rewards could then be collected from the Shuttle Terminal Building, once the red shuttle is docked.

This would be more in keeping with the current game, and the way rewards are collected. The way planes are now handled is far more appropriate, compared to the way they were handled in the past, when planes landed on the runway and were clicked on, before the planes paid out the rewards and then disappeared from the runway. All planes now park at terminals before you click and collect, there should be something similar with the red launch, far more game play consistency.

To achieve this there would need to be a designated area, leading from the second runway, for the recovery of the red shuttle, which would lead to the building where the red shuttle would be housed. It could be located close to where the Operative Hangar, Repair Base, Reserve Hangar are located. There is plenty of land available around these three buildings, as you will see from the attachment below. This designated area could also be used for the new space vehicle and launch pad, and also the green and blue launch pads, and their vehicles could be relocated. It would make sense to keep them together, since they are all part of the space program.

It would also be good to see all the space program related fuel resource items e.g. Liquid Fuel, Small Fuel Tank, Additional Stabilizer, Explosive Bolt, Solid Fuel, Large Fuel Tank, Main Stabilizer and Powerful Explosive Bolt, removed from the warehouse and become part of the Shuttle Terminal Building menu, which would open and display the resources, when the building is selected. These eight resource items are unique to the space program, and are not used anywhere else in the game.

I'm also not too keen on the way green and blue space flights end, with deployed parachute capsules on the ground. This could also be looked at, although I have as yet no firm ideas, on how best to proceed with this.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

SPACE PROGRAM LAND.png

Last edited:

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Sometime has now passed since first posting this suggestion. I thought it might be interesting to re-post, after a period of re-writing.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I think this is a great idea :)
If there are plans to make changes to the space program, at some point in a future game update, to enrich and enhance the experience, it should be substantial changes, rather than just superficial. It is a significant part of the game of airport city for many players, and should be treated so.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
Agreed and it makes a lot of sense. Question though: after you get 3 stars on all 3 launchers, how do you game for these then? Just acquire bits over time and then join a launch party to get gold tokens/fuel, or are there other drivers in what you do?

👧 ⛽
N

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Agreed and it makes a lot of sense. Question though: after you get 3 stars on all 3 launchers, how do you game for these then? Just acquire bits over time and then join a launch party to get gold tokens/fuel, or are there other drivers in what you do?

👧 ⛽
N
What we currently have is a well developed space program, but no changes have been made to it, in a good few years, to enhance and enrich this part of the game. It has been overlooked for far too long. Making adjustment to it, here and there, is not really the long term answer.

I believe the next logical step forward for the space program would be Mission To Mars flights, with a new launch pad and a new long range space vehicle. This is where the major future of the game will be - what we do not really need is more airplanes, helicopters, flights destinations, special events, map flights, collections, buildings etc. We already have all of this in great abundance.

The Mission To Mars, is where new stars could be collected, as well as far better rewards of gold, silver, bonuses fuel, passengers etc., since the flight time would last more than 24 hours.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom