Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The News IS that GI has hit us with a really great update again

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
@Below_Average_AC_Player

Barkmi4
, you are at level 78 so I'm assuming you have been playing longer then since May 2017 so the limit never should have applied to you anyway (until you move your game to a new device sometime in the future).

Talk about a shocker,, for all of us who came in right after that update in May and barely missed the no limit,,this limit is beyond a bummer,,, but stop and think for a moment of all of the long time players who will lose tens of thousands of items when they ultimately have move/restore their game, after their device breaks, gets lost, stolen, etc.... they should be the ones screaming now since the writing is on the wall for what is coming to their Airport City world. So in a year or so from now when that happens, there will be zero flexibility since it will be old policy at that point. They will have the 100 item limit and that's that. Long time players that are unaffected right now are being lulled to sleep but should be the ones up in arms over the 100 item limit.

It's not "if' but "when" all of those players with unlimited items will be reduced/restricted to 100 items. They should be the ones doing all the pushing now to have that limit removed! Slowly, over time this issue will become very personal to each of them and it will also probably be too late to do much about by that time.

As the saying goes, it's better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all,,, but I don't think that's the way this one will go down,, more accurate here would be,, it's better to never have had over 100 items then to have had 100,000 items and lost them all. :(
I was hit with the limit during a reinastall on my main game, which was eventually lifted.
However my support account I'm referring to is low level, and started after the limit was imposed.

if you started your game before a certain date then the 100 limit does not impact you. Try starting a new game and see what happens. The 100 limit is there. Gi has said that is staying and is not going anywhere. Sucks really for it makes some task impossible. FOr example in my game I have a alliance task of 526 flights to Cape Canaveral. Pretty much impossible if you have the 100 limit unless you have 100 of the 300 unit barrels. (who has that anyway? nobody I've ever seen)
And would you burn through that for that task? It is not worth it.

100x300 barrels was not that uncommon while doing QL parties and the planetariums were working.

The dilemma with the weather station, is that the flight task is dependant on what level you are on and what aircraft are available to buy at that level. Anybody who has gone down the road of mass tapping planetariums has gained experience points way faster than GI ever intended and as a result, they have skyrocketed through the levels. Most people are nowhere near ready to take on the new aircraft types as they become available.
For example, Falcons become available at level 51. I am only just starting to fly them seriously and I am on level 80. I just couldn't afford them before (and I had so many other things needing completion first, something many people leave in their dust trying to get the biggest and best but having no resources to operate). I can't even predict when Condors will be part of my thought process!!

I've already been running tests on planetarium drops and I already know that for longer term players that pounded planetariums before, there are now better ways to get more launch sets. The downside is far less coins and experience, but I don't need either. I would bet my pay packet that there are better ways for newer players as well, but it'll need a different tapping regime again (something I haven't put any time into... yet). The lower coins and experience make sense and I suspect that is what was always intended by the developers. Level progression will be slower, as it should be.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
100x300 barrels was not that uncommon while doing QL parties and the planetariums were working.

The dilemma with the weather station, is that the flight task is dependant on what level you are on and what aircraft are available to buy at that level. Anybody who has gone down the road of mass tapping planetariums has gained experience points way faster than GI ever intended and as a result, they have skyrocketed through the levels. Most people are nowhere near ready to take on the new aircraft types as they become available.
For example, Falcons become available at level 51. I am only just starting to fly them seriously and I am on level 80. I just couldn't afford them before (and I had so many other things needing completion first, something many people leave in their dust trying to get the biggest and best but having no resources to operate). I can't even predict when Condors will be part of my thought process!!

I've already been running tests on planetarium drops and I already know that for longer term players that pounded planetariums before, there are now better ways to get more launch sets. The downside is far less coins and experience, but I don't need either. I would bet my pay packet that there are better ways for newer players as well, but it'll need a different tapping regime again (something I haven't put any time into... yet). The lower coins and experience make sense and I suspect that is what was always intended by the developers. Level progression will be slower, as it should be.
As far as getting launch sets, what do you think is better than planetariums at this point? Funny enough, I think I'm the only one who didnt care about the planetarium drop rates. They still drop often enough that you can get some collections done. I agree about the aircraft though. I'm flying two falcons now, and Im not even sure if I will add a thunderbird much less a condor to my fleet anytime soon. However, the flight drop rates need improvement in my opinion

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Planespotter85
Username
Josh-70
Bob you have a very good attitude towards the game ..Play at your own pace too many players want to keep up with the top players ... I used to keep off launches for a while and build up my supplies This is a long term game I get bored and delete but I always come back Gi gets criticism but they all help me wonderfully... instead of seeing the negative people should see positive..

Top Bottom