Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The latest upgrade removes gifts - How to revert back to the older version

The latest version of Airport City removes a large amount of gifts that you were previously able to send.

The gifts currently available to send are:

Fuel (3 units)
Biker Jacket
Loudspeaker
Air Conditioner
Cockpit Glass
Welder
Landing Lamp
Radar
Passengers (10)
Powerful Radio Transmitter
Textbook
Fuel Supply
Jet Engine
Whiteboard
Fuel Additives
Power Source
Additional Radar
Amperemeter
Spare Wire
Server Rack
Landing Gear
Oscillating Beacon
Flight Catering
Packaging Machine
Navigation Module
Master Plan
Fuel Hose
Gyroscope
Spare Propeller
Deicer
Grinding Machine

Apparently the items you are available to send as gifts varies depending on what device you are using, however the list is still very small compared to what it was prior to the update.

Current advice is not to update to the latest version for as long as possible. Once you upgrade the amount of items you can send as gifts will reduce.

However, If you have already upgraded, it is possible to revert back to the version prior to the update. To roll back from the new version of Airport City (v1.33) to the older version that has full gifts (v1.31) you will need to download the file at the bottom of this post to your android device.

Once you've downloaded the file, make sure that installing applications from "Unknown Sources" is enabled (in Application Settings) and then use a file browser (such as "Astro" found in the Market/Google Play) to run the .apk file. It will warn you that this will overwrite the currently installed program so just accept that and it will then install the older version.

This has been tested and works, however I must give the usual disclaimer that you should make a backup using a backup program that also backs up game files prior to doing this. Although it should work 100%, theres always the small chance of a glitch happening and you losing your current progress.

Attachments

• Airport City_1.31.apk
    19.4 MB · Views: 371
The problem I'm having is not being able to send out gifts. It's been over a day but it still says I can send 0 gifts. How do I resolve this? I read in the FB community that someone emailed games insight but I can't get a hold on the email address.

Dave' pid='49' dateline='1335618078 said:
However, If you have already upgraded, it is possible to revert back to the version prior to the update. To roll back from the new version of Airport City (v1.33) to the older version that has full gifts (v1.31) you will need to download the file at the bottom of this post to your android device.

Once you've downloaded the file, make sure that installing applications from "Unknown Sources" is enabled (in Application Settings) and then use a file browser (such as "Astro" found in the Market/Google Play) to run the .apk file. It will warn you that this will overwrite the currently installed program so just accept that and it will then install the older version.

This has been tested and works, however I must give the usual disclaimer that you should make a backup using a backup program that also backs up game files prior to doing this. Although it should work 100%, theres always the small chance of a glitch happening and you losing your current progress.

Does manually downgrading preserve the old save state of the game or do you have to start from scratch after downgrading?

How do you make a backup without having a rooted cell phone? ;-)

Because, when you are able to back up the saved game, you are also able to edit the coins you possess *eg*

And as far as I know, that is only possible with a rooted phone :-(

Additional question: When downgrading to version 1.31 will the "Rock Fest" event be lost or does it also exist in the old version?

I also believe that downgrading will result in losing the rockfest. But as far as the save game is preserved, it would be ok for me (not to mention, that I am not seeing the music arene to be built in time...). But what would happen to the rockfest business buildings, if the rockfest never happened? It is like traveling through time: It sounds good on one hand, but it could be dangerous on the other hand.

Hi Dave,

don't worry, I just thought you might have downgraded already and could provide us with practical information. If you have not downgraded so far, it is allright. No need to do so, just because of my curious nature ;-)

I absolutely agree. The items you are able to send to neighbours are very limited in the new version. Maybe it saved the players too much (real) money, so the guys of game insight changed it in an ungenerously way. I am curious about the result of your attempt to downgrade. If it works, I will downgrade, too. Rather giving neighbours a broader selection of items than never finishing the music arena.

Frankly I do not feel sad for any of you guys, DROID users have not been able to update to the friends and gifts crap, we are still stuck in the dark ages. I have nearly had it with the game.

Dave' pid='347' dateline='1336121553 said:
thorozar' pid='324' dateline='1336086122 said:
Frankly I do not feel sad for any of you guys, DROID users have not been able to update to the friends and gifts crap, we are still stuck in the dark ages. I have nearly had it with the game.

Have insight told you why you cant upgrade?

Just their stupid blanket statement that their engineers are aware of it, blah blah blah. If it takes them as long as it did to fix the inability to repair planes while you are upgrading your repair base, it will be a long time for me to wait. They even went through a process during that saga about the repair base bug was a feature before finally fixing it. Maybe my inability to update is also a feature :p

Hello all

I did downgraded airport city but i did lose my festival camping ... but ive noticed when i send out gifts with the old version and then upgrade to the new version i can send gifts again and visit me neighbours collect coins and then i downgraded again ... loosing nothing

Ok, that is some useful information for me! Thanks a lot. I have always feared, that downgrading results in losing the festival camping/rockfest mission buildings. Unfortunately I find that festival camping quite excellent and don't wanna loose it, as long as I really need the money for the yet to come very expensive level 6 buildings. :blush:

Top Bottom