Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Reinstalling the game

Meagansoroka

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
meagansoroka
I've had problems with my game since the new update and have been unable to change my username. Support told me I'd have reinstall the app and they'd give me a restore code. Can anyone tell me how long this usually takes? I completed the event but was still flying to the destinations to get more stars. It seems like the new event might start quickly, so I wanted to time it out well. Thanks for any advice!

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I've had problems with my game since the new update and have been unable to change my username. Support told me I'd have reinstall the app and they'd give me a restore code. Can anyone tell me how long this usually takes? I completed the event but was still flying to the destinations to get more stars. It seems like the new event might start quickly, so I wanted to time it out well. Thanks for any advice!
@Meagansoroka
It's impossible to say. Sometimes it's a couple of days, sometimes longer.
This happened to me a few months after I started playing. I learned to back up my iPad to iCloud before installing any updates. That way, if the update causes problems, I can revert back to the old version.
Hope you get your answer quickly.
Cheers,
Tom

Meagansoroka

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
meagansoroka
@Meagansoroka
It's impossible to say. Sometimes it's a couple of days, sometimes longer.
This happened to me a few months after I started playing. I learned to back up my iPad to iCloud before installing any updates. That way, if the update causes problems, I can revert back to the old version.
Hope you get your answer quickly.
Cheers,
Tom

@greensmith Thanks for the help. Does the iCloud save game data? Would I even need to get a restore code if I had a backup on the on there?

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
@greensmith Thanks for the help. Does the iCloud save game data? Would I even need to get a restore code if I had a backup on the on there?
@Meagansoroka
Yes, an iCloud backup saves all the apps and data on your device. I have mine set to automatically back up when it's plugged in (usually at night) and has WiFi. Every time I get a new device I backup my old device, then restore that backup onto my new device. I've done it many times.
If you have a very recent backup, you wouldn't need a code. You must, however, erase your entire device, then restore it. That can be a bit nerve-racking. If you have a backup from yesterday or the day before, you may want to try it. If it's longer than a couple days, you'll lose all the progress you've made on AC since the backup (as well as any other games or apps you have used) ... so you may want to wait for the restore code.
More information here:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977
Cheers,
Tom

Meagansoroka

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
meagansoroka
@Meagansoroka
Yes, an iCloud backup saves all the apps and data on your device. I have mine set to automatically back up when it's plugged in (usually at night) and has WiFi. Every time I get a new device I backup my old device, then restore that backup onto my new device. I've done it many times.
If you have a very recent backup, you wouldn't need a code. You must, however, erase your entire device, then restore it. That can be a bit nerve-racking. If you have a backup from yesterday or the day before, you may want to try it. If it's longer than a couple days, you'll lose all the progress you've made on AC since the backup (as well as any other games or apps you have used) ... so you may want to wait for the restore code.
More information here:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977
Cheers,
Tom
@greensmith Thanks so much for all of your help. I was able to successfully install the backup, but unfortunately it didn't fix the problem I was having with my username. So I'll be waiting for the code. At least I now know how to do this in the future though!

Top Bottom