Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Question abandoned.

So after Falcon, Tbird and Condor adventure flights have done their 36 drops, there are a still a mountain of flights to 3 star.
How have you done it? Or have you avoided it?

Ive calculated it’s possible with S3, VW and Jet Pack, but to clear the 6 building will take over 60 JP and 180 VW. Bit expensive.
Or did you treat it as normal and just continue flying with bonuses to get drops for the chests and use speed up. Guess it’s the best route, but so boring.

Interested to hear your approach.

I sometimes might and sometimes might not. It depends upon if I feel it is worth it. For the last building I did, Stonehenge, I probably might NOT and that's because I run low on fuel so I have a do a series of mapped flights stacking bonuses such as both dice bonuses, my subscription, and some a spyglass along with Sky Captain. I did run into that situation and happened to have an extra map so I did it later without the bonuses since I didn't care about the item drops but that was with the Roman Collegium where Hawks are used. I'm not sure this time around because I have 2 Stars on each destination and I do not have the resources for Raven or Eagle flights at the moment.

One criticism I have about the game is often does NOT reword people for having a high number of Stars. As I recall, the most a flight would require is 287 stars for Condor flights and I exceeded that a long ago.

Last edited:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
So after Falcon, Tbird and Condor adventure flights have done their 36 drops, there are a still a mountain of flights to 3 star.

Ive calculated it’s possible with S3, VW and Jet Pack, but to clear the 6 building will take over 60 JP and 180 VW. Bit expensive.
Or did you treat it as normal and just continue flying with bonuses to get drops for the chests and use speed up. Guess it’s the best route, but so boring.

Curious as to why use JP vs SC? My impression is that JP isnt as easy to obtain as SC, even though SC is better

Curious as to why use JP vs SC? My impression is that JP isnt as easy to obtain as SC, even though SC is better
You’ve misunderstood the question.
After 50 flights for each map you can have the. 36 drops you need.
But to 3* you need for falcon to do another 350 flights. SC is a drop bonus. Jet Pack speEd’s up flights so you don’t have to fast forward planes. If you use jet pack and weather vane with 9 falcon, you can do 240 odd flights in 24 hours. But to finish all falcon tbird and condor flights this way, it will cost heavy in jet pack and VW as well as any bonuses you might use for drops. That you don’t need BUT could use to chase bronze chests.

I sometimes might and sometimes might not. It depends upon if I feel it is worth it. For the last building I did, Stonehenge, I probably might NOT and that's because I run low on fuel so I have a do a series of mapped flights stacking bonuses such as both dice bonuses, my subscription, and some a spyglass along with Sky Captain. I did run into that situation and happened to have an extra map so I did it later without the bonuses since I didn't care about the item drops but that was with the Roman Collegium where Hawks are used. I'm not sure this time around because I have 2 Stars on each destination and I do not have the resources for Raven or Eagle flights at the moment.

One criticism I have about the game is often does NOT reword people for having a high number of Stars. As I recall, the most a flight would require is 287 stars for Condor flights and I exceeded that a long ago.
Tallking Falcon upwards where you need 400, 500 or 600 flights.

nheydarov

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03gwi8z19
Username
A Baku

You can keep those maps and while doing some speedups for high pax, you can activate them and just fly to obtain max pax. i always do it with condor or giant. and you may also need Sky captain, so just recollect all 36 again.
that is how i fly excavation maps

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
You’ve misunderstood the question.
After 50 flights for each map you can have the. 36 drops you need.
But to 3* you need for falcon to do another 350 flights. SC is a drop bonus. Jet Pack speEd’s up flights so you don’t have to fast forward planes. If you use jet pack and weather vane with 9 falcon, you can do 240 odd flights in 24 hours. But to finish all falcon tbird and condor flights this way, it will cost heavy in jet pack and VW as well as any bonuses you might use for drops. That you don’t need BUT could use to chase bronze chests.
Oh you call Jet Pack JP. I call the Junior Pilot JP....hence my original question. Understood and thanks.
I'll probably call Jet Pack JeP and Junior Pilot JuP to prevent this confusion in the future 😅

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
@Madge59230 to address your original question, you might be able to use a similar tactic like I do sometimes for the space maps. Because I'm just accumulating red maps without really using them, I tend to activate one every once in a while with the VW and Spirit of Adventure super bonus, which keeps the map active for 2 days instead of 17 hours. I do some jumbo flights (with and without JeP) and get some flights in that way. You need a lot of maps in storage though, and it certainly would take a while without speeding up, but its one possible method to consider.

You can keep those maps and while doing some speedups for high pax, you can activate them and just fly to obtain max pax. i always do it with condor or giant. and you may also need Sky captain, so just recollect all 36 again.
that is how i fly excavation maps
So speeding up. 3 hour flight falcon and 6 hour map is 2 flights per map. Ok 9 planes will give you 18 flights. Means you’d need 100 maps or more! If you calculate the number of flights needed per map you have, you have no choice but to speed up, unless you plan to buy more excavation maps and fly those to get more maps to fly to finish the stars….?

So speeding up. 3 hour flight falcon and 6 hour map is 2 flights per map. Ok 9 planes will give you 18 flights. Means you’d need 100 maps or more! If you calculate the number of flights needed per map you have, you have no choice but to speed up, unless you plan to buy more excavation maps and fly those to get more maps to fly to finish the stars….?
I think it's the technique. The problem with this technique is that it is harder to get the Maps you need for particular destination flights. For example, if I want to finish my 3rd star for Gergovie, I would have to buy and accumulate "Excavations: Stonehenge" from the Airship Store (limit 5 or with greenies) or a Special Sale if I'm lucky and have enough greenies. Then I would have to make those flights to attempt to get the right map again. but that might or might not happen and maybe I might wind up with the incorrect map.

In practice, I would have to speed up flights to Gergovie with fuel until I get my third star. It would be relatively easy if I was in various QL launches, but I have to wonder if the juice is really worth the squeeze. With your Condor flights, that probably NOT be worth doing although I'm sure that a high PAX alliance would love it. But the bottom, it seems to me is do you have 6 "Building X" that each give you collectable item every 24 hours? That's a simple YES/NO question.

I think it's the technique. The problem with this technique is that it is harder to get the Maps you need for particular destination flights. For example, if I want to finish my 3rd star for Gergovie, I would have to buy and accumulate "Excavations: Stonehenge" from the Airship Store (limit 5 or with greenies) or a Special Sale if I'm lucky and have enough greenies. Then I would have to make those flights to attempt to get the right map again. but that might or might not happen and maybe I might wind up with the incorrect map.

In practice, I would have to speed up flights to Gergovie with fuel until I get my third star. It would be relatively easy if I was in various QL launches, but I have to wonder if the juice is really worth the squeeze. With your Condor flights, that probably NOT be worth doing although I'm sure that a high PAX alliance would love it. But the bottom, it seems to me is do you have 6 "Building X" that each give you collectable item every 24 hours? That's a simple YES/NO question.
Yes. I have all the buildings I need after less than 50 flights but to 3 star the destination you need to do 400, 500 or 600 flights. But low level adventure buildings are easy. I’m talking tactics for the High end ones. Yes leave it unfinished, but if I wanted to do that I wouldn’t have bothered even trying to ask what seems to be an ununderstandable question. Hence the fact it was aimed at Vets who have already 3 starred high end adventure buildings. But they all seem to have abandoned the forum in droves since these stupid weekly events make any other aspect of the game unimportant to most. Well not me.

Dont anyone bother answering as most people don’t fly these flights anymore!

Yes. I have all the buildings I need after less than 50 flights but to 3 star the destination you need to do 400, 500 or 600 flights. But low level adventure buildings are easy. I’m talking tactics for the High end ones. Yes leave it unfinished, but if I wanted to do that I wouldn’t have bothered even trying to ask what seems to be an ununderstandable question. Hence the fact it was aimed at Vets who have already 3 starred high end adventure buildings. But they all seem to have abandoned the forum in droves since these stupid weekly events make any other aspect of the game unimportant to most. Well not me.

Dont anyone bother answering as most people don’t fly these flights anymore!
I’ll answer anyway!😀 I’ve 3 starred all normal destinations and have got about 15-20 stars left to three star all of the Adventure flight destinations. I’ve got almost all the Condor ones done but it is the annoyingly irritating TBird ones that I need to finish.

I buy maps from Duke twice a week and try to keep topping up so I usually have all 100 of all destination maps. I then fly excavation flights quite regularly to keep my maps at a high level and then, again fairly regularly send out a load of adventure flights (working on China at the moment) with maybe a WV and very occasionally a JP and/or Spirit of Adventure but I generally just accept it is a really boring part of the game! If I only get 1 or 2 sets of flights within a map duration then so be it.

I don’t often speed them up with fuel but let them run their durations topped up with fuel cats. I normally do this when I am saving resources (VR, Pills etc) for other flights. I see it as a long term goal to finally three star them all mixed with alliance flights, event flights etc.

I’ll get there eventually but have no magic way of doing it any quicker!

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I’ll answer anyway!😀 I’ve 3 starred all normal destinations and have got about 15-20 stars left to three star all of the Adventure flight destinations. I’ve got almost all the Condor ones done but it is the annoyingly irritating TBird ones that I need to finish.

I buy maps from Duke twice a week and try to keep topping up so I usually have all 100 of all destination maps. I then fly excavation flights quite regularly to keep my maps at a high level and then, again fairly regularly send out a load of adventure flights (working on China at the moment) with maybe a WV and very occasionally a JP and/or Spirit of Adventure but I generally just accept it is a really boring part of the game! If I only get 1 or 2 sets of flights within a map duration then so be it.

I don’t often speed them up with fuel but let them run their durations topped up with fuel cats. I normally do this when I am saving resources (VR, Pills etc) for other flights. I see it as a long term goal to finally three star them all mixed with alliance flights, event flights etc.

The ironic thing about all of this is that this is how the developers designed for maps to be flown. However, it is a daunting task to do flights this way.

Thanks for the reply @Kevin Mc . Glad someone understood what I was on about!

Thanks for the reply @Kevin Mc . Glad someone understood what I was on about!
I actually understood. From what I saw, I thought it was fair to ask is this worth doing given how resource-intensive condor flights can be and yes, I sometimes, speed those flights up. I at least know that much because I now use Condors as my Second Task. I was trying to multiply these things together given what I knew and saw with the Ravens. I tried to give a practical answer by questioning if it was really is worth doing. It might not an answer that you like hearing.

It all comes down to priorities. I admit that the game probably should reword people for having more more stars but that is an academic or moot point.

I’m doing mine in the same spirit. But I don’t even have all 6 buildings for many. I’m not in a hurry, as I don’t have the space to put them on site (or the budget to buy the needed greenies).

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I do similar to Kevin. Try to keep my maps stocked high.
When I’m doing a normal run elsewhere, I’ll normally activate a map, two or 3 (based on plane type, not destinations within type). Therefore better drops and more tokens without dedicated bonuses.

If/when I treat myself to gold sub I run a lot that month, using VW, JPack (and normally a Sky Capt due to excessive numbers).
I’ll do similar to the above if the alliance is pushing that week (without the gold sub).
Sometimes I’ll fly them without any bonuses (JPack or VW) if I’m saving items prior to S3 map run, or just out of items to fly normally.

I try to maximise drops without additional bonus expense for the tokens. Those Reserve Hangar upgrades aren’t cheap.

Gradually chipping away at them, it’s been a while due to the back to back events and a load of missing stars there.

Top Bottom