Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New update - Subscription feature(4/3/18)

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
It's not. Also nuthead means something different. Nuts means something different again.

No idea why they say English is such a hard language to learn.
It's impossible language to learn because people keep making up new meanings for existing words. Nut is an extraordinary example here, apparently it can mean anything you need it to mean at the moment :) One can never learn English, one can only try to keep up.
The language is hard because people who speak it make it hard. Deliberately, I suppose. :D

BobbinsPilot

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
209mxmo3
Username
BobbinsPilot
MVP is....?

Most Valuable Player?
Microsoft Vice President?
Microsoft Vice President lol, no i am from England so over here that would be a director or senior director.

It stands for Most Valuable Professional and its Microsofts way of saying, were too lazy to answer developer questions so here ask this dude or dudette as they have used our tools for a while.

BobbinsPilot

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
209mxmo3
Username
BobbinsPilot
It's impossible language to learn because people keep making up new meanings for existing words. Nut is an extraordinary example here, apparently it can mean anything you need it to mean at the moment :) One can never learn English, one can only try to keep up.
The language is hard because people who speak it make it hard. Deliberately, I suppose. :D
Even for us brits, its hard to understand a lot of the time. Words that sound the same, but are spelt the same just get on my wick.

There is a bare bear over there.
They left their car over there.
I saw a Knight last night.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC

NO, not deliberately at all and never ever to make it hard for anyone, well not in my case I've been using the term 'nut' instead of head since I was a kid and never thought anything about it just part of mine and other brit's use of different words like many other countries I suppose. Also slang, yes a informal language but dates back as far as the 16th century.

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
Even for us brits, its hard to understand a lot of the time. Words that sound the same, but are spelt the same just get on my wick.

There is a bare bear over there.

Or, if you're from God's county (Norfolk) - "There's a bare bear drinking a beer and watching a hare with no hair over here"
The first three are pronounced the same. The second three are also pronounced the same :D

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
NO, not deliberately at all and never ever to make it hard for anyone, well not in my case I've been using the term 'nut' instead of head since I was a kid and never thought anything about it just part of mine and other brit's use of different words like many other countries I suppose. Also slang, yes a informal language but dates back as far as the 16th century.
For what I know, English speakers are particularly proud of their dialects and instead of striving to standardize, they strive for the exact opposite. That's what I've meant by "deliberately" : D

For what I know, English speakers are particularly proud of their dialects and instead of striving to standardize, they strive for the exact opposite. That's what I've meant by "deliberately" : D
100% true. I wouldn't say the colloquialisms (which exist in all languages) are meant to confuse non-native speakers, but they are more an expression, where a word, or its intonation do not currently suffice what is trying to be communicated.

In it's most pure form, language is art, and we all have a different brush to paint it, I like to think it's fun, but I understand the frustruation too as a non-native speaker of a couple of other languages!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04jxy6kb
Username
ryder
Or, if you're from God's county (Norfolk) - "There's a bare bear drinking a beer and watching a hare with no hair over here"
The first three are pronounced the same. The second three are also pronounced the same :D

So I presume when you're drinking beer and partaking in your local pub quiz, the name of your team is "Norfolk and Chance" (y)

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
subscriptions? REMOVE THE 100 ITEM LIMIT FROM EVERYONE

All this talk about English language? This is the real issue here - why are subscriptions being introduced when there is an artificial 100 item limit placed on the warehouses of new users? In English the word is: discrimination

Top Bottom