Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Need neighbours

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
Smart that you want to keep one each time. Good for events and small quests.

How come it doesn't work that way with the reserve hangar?
I use the trick with the open extra slot and buying/selling the 200 coin plane to move planes around. Works just fine...

(More info about the reserve hangar out of the guides section.)

I bought a Jet and put a Turboprop plane in the Reserve Hanger. When the Jet broke after its first flight, I tried to put the Turboprop plane in the hanger, and the broken Jet in the Reserve Hanger, so it wouldn't be in the way while I finished upgrading my Repair Base, but it said I would have to throw away the broken plane to use the other one. The only way it would let me take the Turboprop plane out of the Reserve Hanger was to sell my last Powerful Propeller-Driven plane to create an empty hanger for it to go in. The trick is good for keeping an expensive plane in storage if you need to buy a cheap plane for a quest. It doesn't help if you want to keep a cheap plane in storage unless you can upgrade your Control Tower and buy a new hanger every time you need to use it.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I sold all my Powerful Propeller-Driven planes because I had no more work for them and later got a quest that requires me to fly to Egypt.
In case you haven't noticed - before that you had a quest to sell your Powerful Props and replace them with Turboprops : )
This is why I treat quests more like a guidelines than actual rules.

About reserve hangar: yeah, because you need 1 reserve slot free to move planes about, it's pretty much useless unless you buy more slots with green cash.
The entirely different problem you've stumbled upon is that broken planes are not moveable.
Broken planes can be dropped or repaired and nothing else.

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
I bought a Jet and put a Turboprop plane in the Reserve Hanger. When the Jet broke after its first flight, I tried to put the Turboprop plane in the hanger, and the broken Jet in the Reserve Hanger, so it wouldn't be in the way while I finished upgrading my Repair Base, but it said I would have to throw away the broken plane to use the other one. The only way it would let me take the Turboprop plane out of the Reserve Hanger was to sell my last Powerful Propeller-Driven plane to create an empty hanger for it to go in. The trick is good for keeping an expensive plane in storage if you need to buy a cheap plane for a quest. It doesn't help if you want to keep a cheap plane in storage unless you can upgrade your Control Tower and buy a new hanger every time you need to use it.

So you learned the hard way! :) Keeping repair bases up to date with you fleet is a must if you want to keep using all hangars for flight. Broken planes are not allowed in the reserve hangar, unfortunately. Probably to get you spending coins and greens on repairs and construction.

Why keep cheap planes in storage? When an event occurs I'll put some deltas in storage and buy some turboprops until finished and sell them again. You can buy 6 turboprops for the price of one jet or 10 turboprops for the price of 1 delta.

Upgrading the control tower is a good idea. However leaving planes in storage in a regular hangar is a waste, in my opinion. Use your passengers and regenerating fuel to the fullest extend to keep all those planes in the air as much as possible. @Agent_L can tell you a lot more about that... :p:D

Good flying, Sky Elf!(y)

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
In case you haven't noticed - before that you had a quest to sell your Powerful Props and replace them with Turboprops : )
This is why I treat quests more like a guidelines than actual rules.

About reserve hangar: yeah, because you need 1 reserve slot free to move planes about, it's pretty much useless unless you buy more slots with green cash.
The entirely different problem you've stumbled upon is that broken planes are not moveable.
Broken planes can be dropped or repaired and nothing else.

I don't remember a quest to sell Powerful Propeller planes other than that I had a quest to build a level 2 hanger that recommended that I sell a level 1 hanger to do it.

What do you mean by "move planes about"? The game doesn't seem to allow me to put planes into the Reserve Hanger unless I buy a new plane with no empty hangers and it doesn't seem to allow me to take planes out of the Reserve Hanger unless I have an empty hanger.

So you learned the hard way! :) Keeping repair bases up to date with you fleet is a must if you want to keep using all hangars for flight. Broken planes are not allowed in the reserve hangar, unfortunately. Probably to get you spending coins and greens on repairs and construction.

Why keep cheap planes in storage? When an event occurs I'll put some deltas in storage and buy some turboprops until finished and sell them again. You can buy 6 turboprops for the price of one jet or 10 turboprops for the price of 1 delta.

Upgrading the control tower is a good idea. However leaving planes in storage in a regular hangar is a waste, in my opinion. Use your passengers and regenerating fuel to the fullest extend to keep all those planes in the air as much as possible. @Agent_L can tell you a lot more about that... :p:D

Good flying, Sky Elf!(y)

I knew I needed to upgrade my Repair Base. Construction was underway, but I needed my neighbors to send me construction materials or my Flight School to finish so I could get them myself. Since my Reserve Hanger had only just finished, I assumed it would work like a Reserve Hanger would in real life and that I would be able to send the Jet on a test flight to the only destination I could get to without a Flight School and then put it in the Reserve Hanger, taking the Turboprop back out.

If the Reserve Hanger worked better, allowing you to swap planes at will, you could keep Turboprops in reserve, then swap them with your Deltas if you needed Turboprops for a quest, and swap them back once you were done with them. I don't like the idea of buying a plane and then having to sell it again after a single flight.

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
I don't remember a quest to sell Powerful Propeller planes other than that I had a quest to build a level 2 hanger that recommended that I sell a level 1 hanger to do it.

What do you mean by "move planes about"? The game doesn't seem to allow me to put planes into the Reserve Hanger unless I buy a new plane with no empty hangers and it doesn't seem to allow me to take planes out of the Reserve Hanger unless I have an empty hanger.

I knew I needed to upgrade my Repair Base. Construction was underway, but I needed my neighbors to send me construction materials or my Flight School to finish so I could get them myself. Since my Reserve Hanger had only just finished, I assumed it would work like a Reserve Hanger would in real life and that I would be able to send the Jet on a test flight to the only destination I could get to without a Flight School and then put it in the Reserve Hanger, taking the Turboprop back out.

If the Reserve Hanger worked better, allowing you to swap planes at will, you could keep Turboprops in reserve, then swap them with your Deltas if you needed Turboprops for a quest, and swap them back once you were done with them. I don't like the idea of buying a plane and then having to sell it again after a single flight.

Yeah, the way the reserve hangar works is a bit of a shambles. A shame, really, thinking of the amount of money G! probably makes on this game... :(
I tend keep swaps (moving planes about) to a minimum. When I do swap, I use the small prop plane. That way each swap will 'only' cost 180 coins. Just make sure to leave an extra slot open in the reserve hangar to make it work.

Last edited:

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
As @Wasted Eagle said, you are effectively free to move your planes about provided 2 conditions:
- 1 Reserve Hangar slot free
- 200 gold for every move (180 effectively, you'll get 20 back)

1) you buy the cheapest plane to "bump" your expensive plane from regular hangar to reserve one (here the free slot is needed)
2) you sell the cheapest plane to get a free hangar
3) you move another expensive plane from Reserve to regular hangar.

200 gold is pretty much nothing for people who could afford a multi-slotted hangar (which means at least lvl2 and 10 greens to unlock the second slot).

As long as you're at Deltas or lower, it's cheap enough to just sell the plane a buy a new one.

Check up on wikia how a certain quest goes and decide for yourself if it's worth the hassle.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20r5xip4
Username
Ekenna
I think I found the right place here to put my question. To get an overview of what planes I have, I want every plane in another level of hangar.
I have 1 propeller in a level 1 hangar.
I have 2 turboprops and 2 level 2 hangars.
I have 2 jets and 2 level 3 hangars.
I have 1 Delta and 1 level 4 hangar.

That is how I want it, but only the propeller and 1 turboprop are in the right hangar.
How do I place them right (I also have a reserve hangar with 1 open slot. I refuse to waste greenies on another slot, because I don't use the RH)? I have been trying different things and wasted about 10 000 coins with it, but I want it right (I know, I'm a bit autistic in this, but when I have something in my mind, I must do it, or I'll get crazy!)

Or is it better to sell the planes that I have to swap?

All tips are welcome! Thanks!

I think I found the right place here to put my question. To get an overview of what planes I have, I want every plane in another level of hangar.
I have 1 propeller in a level 1 hangar.
I have 2 turboprops and 2 level 2 hangars.
I have 2 jets and 2 level 3 hangars.
I have 1 Delta and 1 level 4 hangar.

That is how I want it, but only the propeller and 1 turboprop are in the right hangar.
How do I place them right (I also have a reserve hangar with 1 open slot. I refuse to waste greenies on another slot, because I don't use the RH)? I have been trying different things and wasted about 10 000 coins with it, but I want it right (I know, I'm a bit autistic in this, but when I have something in my mind, I must do it, or I'll get crazy!)

Or is it better to sell the planes that I have to swap?

All tips are welcome! Thanks!
@Ekenna Each type of plane require specific hangar level

Hangar level 1 - Powerful Propeller-Driven
Hangar level 2 - Turboprop
Hangar level 3 - Jet
Hangar level 4 - Delta and Powerful Delta
Hangar level 5 - Jumbo and Giant
Hangar level 6 - Falcon

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20r5xip4
Username
Ekenna
@Ekenna Each type of plane require specific hangar level

Hangar level 1 - Powerful Propeller-Driven
Hangar level 2 - Turboprop
Hangar level 3 - Jet
Hangar level 4 - Delta and Powerful Delta
Hangar level 5 - Jumbo and Giant
Hangar level 6 - Falcon
That is how I would like it, but I have a jet in a level 2 hangar, a delta in a level 3 hangar and another jet in a level 4 hangar. The question is how to change that.

That is how I would like it, but I have a jet in a level 2 hangar, a delta in a level 3 hangar and another jet in a level 4 hangar. The question is how to change that.
To change you have to use reserve hangar but you will have to sell 1 or 2 airplanes
If you have empty slot in reserve hangar and for example you want to add Jet in hangar level 3 you have to buy the Jet and to add in that hangar level 3 and the plane that you have now there will go to reserve hangar and to use the plane from reserve hangar you have to sell one of your plane to be able to add in that empty hangar level ?

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
How do I place them right (I also have a reserve hangar with 1 open slot. I refuse to waste greenies on another slot, because I don't use the RH)?
RH without at least 2 slots is just a waste of space. I say you should buy 1 slot.

If you don't want to spend greens, you need to sell 1 plane, the cheapest one.
- buy a small prop and put it into lvl 4 hangar. It'll bump any plane that's there to RH.
- sell the p-prop, get 1 free hangar.
- sell the small prop.
Now you have 2 free hangars and 1 plane in RH.
- Move the plane from RH to the hangar other than lvl4.
- buy a small prop and put it into hangar with Delta. It'll bump the Delta to RH.
- sell the small prop.
Now you have 1 free hangar lvl 4 and 1 delta in RH.
- move the Delta to lvl4.

Don't touch the Delta any more. Repeat it for jets.

Top Bottom