Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Making Cash

I hear people having lots of cash and feel like I'm missing something. So far, I could only afford five expansion. What are your strategies on making lots of cash?

do not upgrade too early. check the forum for what items are needed for each building upgrade and concentrate on getting those items before upgrading so you can use the building straight away. if you can't play the game on a regular basis, it may be better to get money making buildings that earn more money over a longer period of time. one thing which you can do is when you send items to friends, send items what you need and they may send you the same thing back. get the weekend codes for more cash. sometimes they promote games for cash. install game, play for 10 minutes, get cash then delete game. try and complete the missions. add friend codes for 100 cash a time, visit friends and increase your heart score. these are a few things to keep you going.

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
send items what you need and they may send you the same thing back.

I don't recommend doing this when it comes to build items, for two reasons:

Let's say someone sends you a smoke detector. You think, okay I'm going to return the gift and hit the 'send in return' button. Thing is, if you don't have a smoke detector in your gift list, you will NOT send a smoke detector in return. The recipient will receive something different, something that is actually on your gift list.

The second reason is that you are basically sending people stuff they don't need. If you are at a higher level, you have no need whatsoever for items to build a flight school, or the first terminal upgrade. This happened to me several times, and unfortunately there's nothing I can do with another lining plate or pair of goggles. I know it sometimes happens accidently, you're scrolling through the list and hit something, happens to everyone and there's nothing you can do about that. But I've also had people send me the same (to me useless) item three days in a row, when I couldn't even return that item for them.

You can do this with flight items though, so all the stuff required to fly somewhere, there's a big chance people will return the item you need because we all have them on our gift lists.

But even better, just join in the Daily Trade Thread, and people there will be able to help you with the items you specifically need, and you can actually return something they need.

I'm not sure if you're talking about coins or greens, but either way, you'll need a lot of patience. Put buildings in your city which yield the most coins for the amount of time you play. So if you only play once per day, it's better to put building which yield a larger amount but in a longer period of time. If you play every 5 minutes, buildings like the burger joint, grocery store and romantic café will be most useful to you. The car dealership btw is one of the best earning buildings in my opinion.

Also, plan your city carefully, if you need to pull out some grid paper and draw a lay-out. Because each building needs one block of road, and the roads don't need to connect. So don't waste any space on building a long, connecting road. I actually did this at one point and it saved me 9 squares of space just by planning my lay-out.

Oh and there are people who've gotten HUGE amounts of cash or greens by making good use of glitches or slip-ups from GI. If you're lucky you can get lots of coins that way, if you're not, you'll just have to patient like all the other AC players. :-/

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
91h526
Username
Melanie <3
most players with very big cities have rooted phones and are able to change the apropriate file to change their cash, greens, experiences as they want....

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
c1k0mq (that's a zero, not a letter)
Username
BEW0072 Airport
most players with very big cities have rooted phones and are able to change the apropriate file to change their cash, greens, experiences as they want....

There are some of us too, like myself, that were able to take advantage of a MAJOR blunder by Game Insight where they had the values mixed up on one of their weekend codes this past spring. Instead of 2 green cash and 4,000 coins, they gave out 4,000 green cash and 2 coins. :cool:

HIGHLY DOUBT that we will ever see a mistake like this again...

Hi - would like to know whether just buying flight school would unlock Thailand airports etc? or does it also need 50 cash as mentioned there. I don't know when one can reach that level of earning 50 cash points? If I'm correct, you can only earn them once you move a level up or is there any other way of earning them?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Username
BEW0072 Airport
Hi - would like to know whether just buying flight school would unlock Thailand airports etc? or does it also need 50 cash as mentioned there. I don't know when one can reach that level of earning 50 cash points? If I'm correct, you can only earn them once you move a level up or is there any other way of earning them?

Its your total # of stars that opens the higher flights or if you have it, you can spend the 50 cash. Make sure you 3-star ALL flights!!!

The flight school is required from the green jets on and no you cannot sell it once you built it. Well you can, but your flights will no longer work.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a1kcuxd
Username
Friso

When you get the flight school you can fly to Thailand without having to pay 50 cash. This option is just there for people who are crazy, can't wait and buy greens in the store to make this flight available on an earlier level.

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee

Yes you get one green cash per level up. But there's also the weekend code which they publish each weekend on their fb site (tap on the megaphone in the game), which usually gives you 2000 coins and 3 greens. You redeem the code like a friend code.

Spend your green cash wisely, I don't recommend using them to speed up buildings, skipping missions, unlocking flights and stuff like that. You are better off spending them on special buildings (there are some that have a pretty good payoff) or on purchasing land expansions.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
Its your total # of stars that opens the higher flights or if you have it, you can spend the 50 cash. Make sure you 3-star ALL flights!!!

The flight school is required from the green jets on and no you cannot sell it once you built it. Well you can, but your flights will no longer work.
It must have been awhile since you were at that level.
Flight School is need for mission from Thailand onwards, but for Thailand and San Francisco you use the Turboprop not the Jet, whose first missions are Los Angeles and Rome.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
There are some of us too, like myself, that were able to take advantage of a MAJOR blunder by Game Insight where they had the values mixed up on one of their weekend codes this past spring. Instead of 2 green cash and 4,000 coins, they gave out 4,000 green cash and 2 coins. :cool:

HIGHLY DOUBT that we will ever see a mistake like this again...
So that explains why some people have ridiculously large cities with lots of available space. :eek:
Me, I tapped away for weeks to buy land, targetted 25,000 per day, but when the next block of land was for 500,000 I gave up and purchased Airport cash at the next 300% bonus, which thankfully went through with no hitch unlike what many people have come up against with GI.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Username
BEW0072 Airport
It must have been awhile since you were at that level.
Flight School is need for mission from Thailand onwards

Guess it has been awhile cause I swore it was needed to fly the green jets, not the turbo props. Sounds like I need to go back to Flight School.

mel

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04chunln
Username
Meli2-what I need most
@Dee never noticed that you can't send back what you don't have. Thanks for the warning. Still I do have some people at my friend list that don't post on this forum and because we can't chat within airport city like at Mystery Manor, I simply can't find out what they need. So a sendback is a good guess.

In rough order of importance in getting ahead:
Some got massive cash from the coins/cash reversal bew mentioned above.
Some got lots of coins from the multiplier glitch.
Some spent real money.
Some used time travel to send planes quicker and collect coins.
Some have played for several months and woken up at night to resend planes. Also collected the weekend giveaways.
Building lots of small businesses and landing visiting planes makes money much faster than sending planes.

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
@Dee never noticed that you can't send back what you don't have. Thanks for the warning. Still I do have some people at my friend list that don't post on this forum and because we can't chat within airport city like at Mystery Manor, I simply can't find out what they need. So a sendback is a good guess.

Yeah I know the communication is an issue with a lot of neighbours. But when someone sends you a whiteboard (which you don't need), hoping they'll get one back, but you don't even have it on your gift list so you're sending something different, that means not one but two gifts have gone to waste. :-/ I wish they'd add an ingame wishlist, it would make things much easier!

Top Bottom