Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

List of building that can't be sped up?

red_z06

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20481UGAF
Username
red_z06
Is there a wiki on list of buildings that can't be sped up for pax or coin?
I know that building wiki exist. But, there is no easy indication of abnormal ( AC speed up only ) buildings without clicking on each to find the note in details.

I am trying to work out min number of building to generate max pax using speed up and trees around the building for max output without using bonus in limited expansion of land.

Is the condominium the highest pax count (190) that can be sped up?

condominium-png.33374

Below are the two that I found to be AC only for speeding up.

Tower Building

tower-building-png.33309

Apartment Hotel

apartment-hotel-png.45982

Last edited:
Is there a wiki on list of buildings that can't be sped up for pax or coin?
I know that building wiki exist. But, there is no easy indication of abnormal ( AC speed up only ) buildings without clicking on each to find the note in details.

I am trying to work out min number of building to generate max pax using speed up and trees around the building for max output without using bonus in limited expansion of land.

Is the condominium the highest pax count (190) that can be sped up?

condominium-png.33374

Below are the two that I found to be AC only for speeding up.

Tower Building

tower-building-png.33309

Apartment Hotel

apartment-hotel-png.45982
We have a spreadsheet of pax buildings and their drop rates. It does not have speed-up information, so you will have to add that column for yourself.

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
The other column I add is one how often I check. For example let's say we have two buildings:

Building A drops 5 coins every 5 minutes.
Building B drops 15 coins every 30 minutes.

If you use the simple calculation, Building A seems better because it drops 1 coin per minute while Building B drops .5 coin per minute. However, if you only check your game once per hour, then Building B will yield 15 coins while Building A yields 5 coins, e.g. Building B will provide more coins when you check your game. When I work from home, checking my game once per hour is not uncommon, but if I'm in the office I may only be able to check in every four hours. So you may find that you choose different buildings depending on how often you play during the day.

That, or you reach a point in your game where your city is big enough you put buildings together because they look pretty and not worry as much about yields. 🤗

👧 ⛽

This thread might also help - https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/which-buildings-generates-the-most-passengers.40143/

Can't they all be sped up, just not free via ads, some require greens?

You might consider a magic square (https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/magic-square.46601/#post-571838), though this is usually created by high-level players as requires land + a lot of greens to properly create to maximize pax output but there are options.

Otherwise, consider overlapping your current layout with pax bonus buildings.

Last edited:
This thread might also help - https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/which-buildings-generates-the-most-passengers.40143/

Can't they all be sped up, just not free via ads, some require greens?

You might consider a magic square (https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/magic-square.46601/#post-571838), though this is usually created by high-level players as requires land + a lot of greens to properly create to maximize pax output but there are options.

Otherwise, consider overlapping your current layout with pax bonus buildings.
Yay! That was the thread I was searching for earlier, but could not find (thanks!). I actually started my magic square much earlier in my game. I started with pax bonus buildings from events, helo collections, then the basic ones from the store. I just kept adding/replacing bonus pax buildings over time to achieve a higher bonus square. I spent greenies on 3 metro stations, but then stopped (It is at 276% now, and I am quite happy with that based on my game play style).

red_z06

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20481UGAF
Username
red_z06
I have done some basic magic square ( non AC option ) build on all my accts. I guess when you try to squeeze out every coin or pax, we all come to the same solution. :)

However, I opted for two squares as 2 radius buildings can accommodate both. When I decide to buy some 10%+ trees, I may have to reduce to one square. They are currently at 76%+ output.

I wish I had known about that Apartment Hotel beforehand. I call it buff square, as buff and nerf is standard game lingo.

1689098908016.png

When I get some coins, I will be buying some Condominiums.

What is up with strange prices for City Bench at 5AC vs treetball Court at 18AC for same 10%+ pax and 1 radius???

I have done some basic magic square ( non AC option ) build on all my accts. I guess when you try to squeeze out every coin or pax, we all come to the same solution. :)

However, I opted for two squares as 2 radius buildings can accommodate both. When I decide to buy some 10%+ trees, I may have to reduce to one square. They are currently at 76%+ output.

I wish I had known about that Apartment Hotel beforehand. I call it buff square, as buff and nerf is standard game lingo.

View attachment 70713

When I get some coins, I will be buying some Condominiums.

What is up with strange prices for City Bench at 5AC vs treetball Court at 18AC for same 10%+ pax and 1 radius???
I’ve never bothered to look too closely at the coin building stats as it was a non issue by the time MSs and auto collect buildings came into play.

From memory, disregarding the use of greenies, the apartment hotel is the only pax building that can’t be sped up.

The weird prices you’re looking at for the (what I call) bonus multipliers have come about due to some bean counter changing things up to extract more greens (and as such, more $) from the die yards. From time to time, GI will introduce a new feature which is balanced in the overall scheme of things, but after some time passes, a grubby bean counter will throw up ideas to achieve their income generating KPIs. More often than not, the side effect is that it throws that “balance” to the gutter. Those “out of balance” multipliers you’re looking at were never intended to obtained by standard purchase methods at the store. They were used as a promotion and came as a bonus incentive when purchasing greens. The railway stations are an example that they haven’t bastardised - yet. At some point, many of those types became available for direct purchase and knowing that some addicts simply need to have one of everything (or even 6 of everything), the prices that were assigned to them Would have been decided upon by complicated formula of “what’s the most they’d be prepared to spend to have everything?’ 🤪😉.

Auto collect buildings were one of the few great ideas that they came up with. We had been asking for years to have some sort of collection system. We had also been begging for something that could be obtained with all the gold and silver tokens that we had amassed over time (they were difficult to collect, had an extremely high value based on the purchase price from the bank and there was very little you could do with them. Then, one day, the auto collect buildings turned up, ticking off two of our most popular requests. They took awhile gain popularity, purely be abuse there was very little information provided about how they worked and they were prohibitively expensive (there were also many who were terrified at the idea of spending all their gold and silver in a delusional fear that CBMs might suddenly turn up again, as well. Players held off for ages but eventually came to accept that CBMs would never return (they were only available, for very short periods, on two or three occasions, I think? For obvious reasons, they were very popular). The first time was a huge success story but had a problem of massively widening the gap between he “haves” and “have nots”. The complaints from the latter were consistent for a very long time before someone at GI gave in and brought them back. Unfortunately, because GI hadn’t provided much in the way to spend gold and silver, at the time, many players had accumulated piles and piles of them. There was a massive uptake and they were snapped up very quickly with some players even buying gold tokens to “top up” their gold tokens so they wouldn’t miss out - again! I think GI massively underestimated the sheer volume of CBMs that would be purchased and had no idea how badly that would affect their $ income for many, many months. With all these extra buildings suddenly generating greenies for the following 3-6 months, the fortnightly rush when greens went on sale virtually fell away to nothing. The managers would have demanded heads on a plate from those that didn’t predict the damage and any thought of CBMs ever seeing the light of day again, would have been locked and buried forever.

Last edited:

red_z06

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20481UGAF
Username
red_z06
I’ve never bothered to look too closely at the coin building stats as it was a non issue by the time MSs and auto collect buildings came into play.

Disregarding the use of greenies, the apartment hotel is the only pax building that can’t be sped up.

The weird prices you’re looking at for the (what I call) bonus multipliers have come about due to some bean counter changing things up to extract more greens (and as such, more $) from the die yards. From time to time, GI will introduce a new feature which is balanced in the overall scheme of things, but after some time passes, a grubby bean counter will throw up ideas to achieve their income generating KPIs. More often than not, the side effect is that it throws that “balance” to the gutter. Those “out of balance” multipliers you’re looking at were never intended to obtained by standard purchase methods at the store. They were used as a promotion and came as a bonus incentive when purchasing greens. The railway stations are an example that they haven’t bastardised - yet. At some point, many of those types became available for direct purchase and knowing that some addicts simply need to have one of everything (or even 6 of everything), the prices that were assigned to them Would have been decided upon by complicated formula of “what’s the most they’d be prepared to spend to have everything?’ 🤪😉.

Auto collect buildings were one of the few great ideas that they came up with. We had been asking for years to have some sort of collection system. We had also been begging for something that could be obtained with all the gold and silver tokens that we had amassed over time (they were difficult to collect, had an extremely high value based on the purchase price from the bank and there was very little you could do with them. Then, one day, the auto collect buildings turned up, ticking off two of our most popular requests. They took awhile gain popularity, purely be abuse there was very little information provided about how they worked and they were prohibitively expensive (there were also many who were terrified at the idea of spending all their gold and silver in a delusional fear that CBMs might suddenly turn up again, as well. Players held off for ages but eventually came to accept that CBMs would never return (they were only available, for very short periods, on two or three occasions, I think? For obvious reasons, they were very popular). The first time was a huge success story but had a problem of massively widening the gap between he “haves” and “have nots”. The complaints from the latter were consistent for a very long time before someone at GI gave in and brought them back. Unfortunately, because GI hadn’t provided much in the way to spend gold and silver, at the time, many players had accumulated piles and piles of them. There was a massive uptake and they were snapped up very quickly with some players even buying gold tokens to “top up” their gold tokens so they wouldn’t miss out - again! I think GI massively underestimated the sheer volume of CBMs that would be purchased and had no idea how badly that would affect their $ income for many, many months. With all these extra buildings suddenly generating greenies for the following 3-6 months, the fortnightly rush when greens went on sale virtually fell away to nothing. The managers would have demanded heads on a plate from those that didn’t predict the damage and any thought of CBMs ever seeing the light of day again, would have been locked and buried forever.
This makes sense on the state of things as they are now. When you look at the game objectively, this game falls under resource management. As such, win means handling the limited resources. I feel that adding $ removes the only thing that you are trying to manage which limits the game progression. So, fuel ring, buff square and such are means of achieving and balancing various resources ( land, coin, pax, etc). While addicts may buy all metros, that seems and feels like eliminating one thing that you are trying to manage. So, while temping, I will not buy more AC ( while spending AC I gain through playing ) to get metros. On one acct, I was purchasing AC for expansions. But, after expansion on sale reached 20AC, it seems that too reached ridiculous level at close to $2 per expansion.
So, at first I started placing all buildings gained and purchaing more expansions to make more room, it made sense to limit buildings to fit the available land rather than keep adding. I assume that is waht G! wants you to do. So, now I need to build a lean mean fighting machine rather than a bloated fat pig. :)

I will forgo the metros for now.

red_z06

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20481UGAF
Username
red_z06
metro_stations_new-png.63732

I believe these can be had for min of $5 cash purchase. That means you can consider one of those will cost $5.

1689241750389.png

Since you can fit 20 of those, actual $ cost to you will be $100 for 200% buff. $100 will get you about 1000AC but 1000AC isn't same as $100 as AC can be gained by playing. AC on sale is about 10AC/$1 but I believe you only get 15AC for $5 ( correct me ) or 3AC/$.

So, the actual cost of one of those subtracting the AC gain would be about $3.50 cash per building (if you need AC).

Last edited:
So, the actual cost of one of those subtracting the AC gain would be about $3.50 cash per building (if you need AC).

It’s not always practical to quote real money pri¢€$ as we’re all using different currencies. I’m not sure how many people have decided that their objective was to purchase stations and were happy have the AC as a bonus. If AC wasn’t the primary bait, I doubt there’d be many stations around at all. They certainly may have influenced the timing of the purchase to maximise the value of the buy. Value is relative to the individual and although you’d think we were all playing the same game, if you ask enough questions, you’d be amazed at the variactions in each players objectives, likes, tactics etc. There are players that have been going for 7+ years, still below 500 and uninterested in seeing the number grow. All they do is launch, launch, launch.

You can crunch the dollars all day, but again, it comes down to what you’re trying to achieve and often about timing. Tesla Power Plants are ridiculously expensive early on, but eventually become relatively cheap. Similarly, that 310% bonus you drew is expensive in a city with only ¼ of available land purchased because the number of buildings it can be used on is very limited (start adding 3x3 adventure buildings so you can collection bonuses and that leaves even less land. Quantifying the cost of having or not having those bonuses is a factor rarely taken into consideration).

If you have maxed out land on the city side (80x44 squares?), then that 310% square holds far more value with at least double the number of buildings that can be put through it (as it should- the exorbitant cost of land has to allow you some improved value)! Each to there own on how they do it, the simple fact is that with less land, it’ll take a lot longer to progress. I’ve spent a reasonable amount of money and it still took me close to a decade to tick off the boxes that wanted to. Thank god for some of the bugs along the way, I must say!

A final point, which is often contentious, is asking yourself how much joy you get from playing the game? Everyone will have a different opinion on what that is worth. I’ve had nearly a decade of entertainment from the game (something I can’t claim for any other game I’ve ever played, including on 3 or 4 PC purchases/upgrades, 3 versions of Wii, 2 PlayStation Consoles and 3 X Boxes and various other short lived platforms- $1000s and thousands spent there! 😳) so I look back on what I’ve spent in game here and it even surprises me that my outlay has been quite a lot cheaper by comparison.

Some people refuse to spend a ¢ and that’s entirely up to them- but no complaining about the support or missing out on a bonus every now and then. And definitely no whining about how long it takes to progress. The game is buggy, yes, but until recently it has been consistently growing and developing. It’s not done by magic- someone has to pay. It’s easy to whinge and declare, “not another ¢ until they…”, but, ironically, most of those players still keep playing- so how bad is it, really? The developers are probably in the worst situation they’ve ever faced with the politics of Putin causing chaos, and the quality of the game has taken some serious hits. Spitting the dummy and withdrawing support will only guarantee that the fixes we want will simply never happen and will only get worse. By all means, enjoy the free game (while it lasts).

red_z06

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20481UGAF
Username
red_z06
Some people refuse to spend a ¢ and that’s entirely up to them- but no complaining about the support or missing out on a bonus every now and then. And definitely no whining about how long it takes to progress. The game is buggy, yes, but until recently it has been consistently growing and developing. It’s not done by magic- someone has to pay. It’s easy to whinge and declare, “not another ¢ until they…”, but, ironically, most of those players still keep playing- so how bad is it, really? The developers are probably in the worst situation they’ve ever faced with the politics of Putin causing chaos, and the quality of the game has taken some serious hits. Spitting the dummy and withdrawing support will only guarantee that the fixes we want will simply never happen and will only get worse. By all means, enjoy the free game (while it lasts).

I am not against spending money for enjoyment. One golf outing can easily set you back $100. A day of billiard can set you back $70 or more. So you exchange money for your enjoyment. I just spent $2400 on a Alienware R14 Gaming PC just so I can play the new Diablo 4 game ($70-$100) that came out 1 month ago. So it is not about spending money.

I will do whatever to achieve the goal without cheating to get satisfaction of winning. They set it up so it takes ridiculus amount of time to level up without paying for resources. I am not complaining as it is what it is. I like it enough that I will pay for the game upfront like many games. But, I am just against "pay to win" scenario where pumping actual money solves the bottleneck. Fuel ring is a way of solving a bottle neck buff square is another. I will grow it as the game currency becomes available. As I stated, AC can be gained from playing so my next target will be to get 6 Brick House. :)

Also, I am not knocking anyone from buying to win. I just don't believe in speeding up with real money (subscription here etc). I am actually glad that things are moving at snail's pace. That is what kept me going for past 3 seasons. I am actually looking forward to the day I will reuse event buildings when I see the same event again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom