Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

IS anyone else seeign these problems....

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
while playing Airport City on a tablet.? Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations as to how I might solve the problems I am having playing this game on my tablet?

I have given up reporting problems to GI Support in emails. I get the same 'canned response' every time, and the suggestions they give do not resolve the problems, I am experiencing.

Here is the technical information, for any GI support people who are reading this posting.
ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
Android version 4.2.1
Kernel version 3.110-g215ae8bf
System is up to date.

The problems.

1. The longer I play a session of Airport City, the less responsive the game becomes. The rotating radars on the right side will pause for a second or two, more and more frequently, until it gets to the point where I have to shut down the game and restart it, to be able to play the game. It takes about 2 or 3 hours (sometimes 4) to reach this state of unresponsiveness.

2. In order to save my progress in a game, I have to visit a neighbor BEFORE I shut down the game. If I don't all my progress (including redeemed greenies) is lost. Do other players have to do this to save their progress in a game? I am still kicking myself for the many free greenies I have LOST because I forgot to do this before quitting the game.

3. If I leave the game running for 10 minutes or so, without any input from me, and then I try to do something in the game (eg launch a flight) I get the 'Airport City is not responding' pop up and sometimes, if I wait it comes back and sometimes it just crashes to the ASUS launcher.

4. About 90% of the time, after getting the 'Airport City is not responding' pop up, I have to restart the ASUS tablet to be able to successfully start Airport City again. And of course all my progress is lost if I did not visit a neighbor beforehand.

This is a not a problem, but a question. Why isn't there an option to collect ALL the coins from all the buildings with just ONE click? The same thing would be useful for collecting passengers too.

How long have I been playing Airport City ? At least 3 years, probably longer. I generally like playing Airport City, and the events are usually interesting (if almost impossible for me to complete in the time given).

It would be nice if these performance 'bugs' could be corrected, as they make the game less enjoyable.

Well, thank you all for listening to my ranting. Thank you as well to everyone who has been helping me with my green launches. A big thank you to all those neighbors with planetariums, tech centers and research centers, control centers and launch pads. If it were not for me being able to visit your buildings, I could not complete the collections I need for launch items. And without those launch items I could not successfully complete my green launches, and get the silver tokens I need for my Grand Hotels. (I have 1 Grand Hotel so far). I will start the blue and red launches after I get 150 green launches.

Riding off into the sunset on my horse (while my tablet charges),
Canadian Cowboy

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04f3ikbr
Username
beerbrewer
I'm playing on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 running Android 6.0.1. Only slowness I have is when I first open the game. After a few seconds it is ok. I too am slowly working my way through the green launches, only 45 left until I get the 150. The stupid 999 collections have slowed me down a bit as I am hitting some pharmacies and malls on neighbours too.

Stella 748

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
akz73nv
Username
Stella 748
I've got the initial slowness when starting the game, but none of the other problems. Samsung S2 tablet.

I tend to visit Madlen before exiting as I read somewhere that it synchronises your game with the GI servers so they've got an up to date copy. Can anyone confirm that?

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
I had same problem with first tablet with only 1GB Ram, I had to constantly empty my data cache to play. Even tho it had an Octacore, it wasn't enough. This game is a huge resource hog. I now have a new Galaxy tab with 2GB Ram and have very few problems:D

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
1. The longer I play a session of Airport City, the less responsive the game becomes. The rotating radars on the right side will pause for a second or two, more and more frequently, until it gets to the point where I have to shut down the game and restart it, to be able to play the game. It takes about 2 or 3 hours (sometimes 4) to reach this state of unresponsiveness. You can play 4 hours straight :greedy::eek: - never been able to do that. Take a break.

2. In order to save my progress in a game, I have to visit a neighbor BEFORE I shut down the game. If I don't all my progress (including redeemed greenies) is lost. Do other players have to do this to save their progress in a game? I am still kicking myself for the many free greenies I have LOST because I forgot to do this before quitting the game. I have to do this also, it's a real pain in the cheek. I have found if I minimize the game and come back to it, it will save my progress. This is faster than visiting a neighbor. Madlen is faster to visit than other neighbors and can be visited even offline.

3. If I leave the game running for 10 minutes or so, without any input from me, and then I try to do something in the game (eg launch a flight) I get the 'Airport City is not responding' pop up and sometimes, if I wait it comes back and sometimes it just crashes to the ASUS launcher. Never had this problem so not much help, you may try minimizing and coming back to it. That might help.

4. About 90% of the time, after getting the 'Airport City is not responding' pop up, I have to restart the ASUS tablet to be able to successfully start Airport City again. And of course all my progress is lost if I did not visit a neighbor beforehand. I have to do this also, it's a real pain in the cheek.Never had this problem so not much help, you may try minimizing and coming back to it. That might help.

This is a not a problem, but a question. Why isn't there an option to collect ALL the coins from all the buildings with just ONE click? The same thing would be useful for collecting passengers too. G! likes for you to tap, tap, tap. Look at it as your daily exercise program.

Canadian Cowboy

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Here is the technical information, for any GI support people who are reading this posting.
ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
Android version 4.2.1
Kernel version 3.110-g215ae8bf
System is up to date.
This is 5 years old piece of equipment. Unfortunately, mobile devices get obsolete after few years and need to be replaced. Not because they break, but because software requires modern features. 5 years in mobile is very old. Look, you have Android 4.2, while the current version is 7.

1. The longer I play a session of Airport City, the less responsive the game becomes. The rotating radars on the right side will pause for a second or two, more and more frequently, until it gets to the point where I have to shut down the game and restart it, to be able to play the game. It takes about 2 or 3 hours (sometimes 4) to reach this state of unresponsiveness.

2. In order to save my progress in a game, I have to visit a neighbor BEFORE I shut down the game. If I don't all my progress (including redeemed greenies) is lost. Do other players have to do this to save their progress in a game? I am still kicking myself for the many free greenies I have LOST because I forgot to do this before quitting the game.

3. If I leave the game running for 10 minutes or so, without any input from me, and then I try to do something in the game (eg launch a flight) I get the 'Airport City is not responding' pop up and sometimes, if I wait it comes back and sometimes it just crashes to the ASUS launcher.

4. About 90% of the time, after getting the 'Airport City is not responding' pop up, I have to restart the ASUS tablet to be able to successfully start Airport City again. And of course all my progress is lost if I did not visit a neighbor beforehand.
Yes, those all are errors. numbers 1,3 and 4 can be blamed on "your tablet is too slow, too old, not enough ram".
Do AC even update on your tablet to the newest version?

Number 2 is very bad and should not happen, but again it can be blamed on the old hardware. Eg the game tries to save, it takes too long and the system kills it before it finishes saving.

Why isn't there an option to collect ALL the coins from all the buildings with just ONE click? The same thing would be useful for collecting passengers too.
Because the entire point of wait-to-click games, like AC, is clicking the buildings. "Collect all" button would make just as much sense as "win all" button.

What you can do is to backup your game, format the tablet, install the game from Store anew and then restore it from backup. If that doesn't help than perhaps do same but instead restore via restore code from GI. If that doesn't help, you should transfer the game to a newer Android device.

Amit Choudhary

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
23zevsx0
Username
AM_Event Items
Facing problem #2 in my support game on Android platform. I've to visit the neighbours to save the progress like u r doing. Contacted GI regarding this problem. Still no response along with solution.

Top Bottom