Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Game Transfer/Restore on iPad

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
Situation: My four year old likes landing guest planes and clicking on clouds with me so much that she decided she wants the game on her iPad too.

Problem: Because we all share the same iTunes information when she started to play the game the popup appeared where she can transfer my existing game into her iPad and of course that is what happened. I can still play on my iPad but i lost all my friends and the alliance membership because they all exist on her iPad with the identical city. Both of our games on separate iPads have the exact same game code. I would like my game with my friends back on my iPad.

My solution: I deleted my game off of my iPad. I downloaded the app again and started to play just thinking that i could do the same in reverse to transfer games. When given the opportunity to restore the game it comes back with the game without the friends and the alliance.

Help needed: I haven't put in a trouble ticket (yet) because i believe this is something that should easily be done on my part. Am i missing something or doing something wrong in order to get the desired result?

Situation: My four year old likes landing guest planes and clicking on clouds with me so much that she decided she wants the game on her iPad too.

Problem: Because we all share the same iTunes information when she started to play the game the popup appeared where she can transfer my existing game into her iPad and of course that is what happened. I can still play on my iPad but i lost all my friends and the alliance membership because they all exist on her iPad with the identical city. Both of our games on separate iPads have the exact same game code. I would like my game with my friends back on my iPad.

My solution: I deleted my game off of my iPad. I downloaded the app again and started to play just thinking that i could do the same in reverse to transfer games. When given the opportunity to restore the game it comes back with the game without the friends and the alliance.

Help needed: I haven't put in a trouble ticket (yet) because i believe this is something that should easily be done on my part. Am i missing something or doing something wrong in order to get the desired result?
Either case I would try to delete the game from her iPad and restore in yours via iTunes (or iCloud?). Then you should set a new gamecenter ID for her. You can use the same apple account as long as you use a different gamecenter ID. @A Merryflyer , perhaps you can add some more info to this?

@Dan have you tried setting her Game Center ID as different from yours? I kept getting prompts on my daughters iPad to restore my game there.

Once you do that I think she could start her own airport for landing planes and then you’ll be able to restore your games and keep them separate. Both devices are on the same AppleID but it’s just different Game Center accounts. I don’t know if that will fix your neighbor situation but it’s worth a try

I lost all my neighbors about 8-9 months ago because of sync issues. Hopefully this could help but I’m worried you may be stuck

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
Also make sure you are not using iOS Family Share. If you are the iTunes and Game Centre account are not enough, to fully separate the accounts.

Dare I suggest your game needed a good flush of neighbours? ;). Sorry, I know it’s a huge deal - I had the same thing happen to me with far fewer neighbours and it was a nightmare. I can only suggest the above advice to firstly get the game off your daughters device and start her with a fresh Game Center ID. I delete a game from my iPad mini every 3-4 months and reformat the device (it’s getting slow and starts to crash non stop after awhile) when I reinstall the game, as soon as it recognises my game centre ID, it offers to reinstall the version on the server (including all neighbours). I would definitely try everything you can before letting the saved version get manipulated by the “experts”.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
...You’re still on my neighbours list, so I sent a Lamp...

She got it on her ipad and I did not.

Either case I would try to delete the game from her iPad and restore in yours via iTunes (or iCloud?). Then you should set a new gamecenter ID for her. You can use the same apple account as long as you use a different gamecenter ID.

@Dan have you tried setting her Game Center ID as different from yours? I kept getting prompts on my daughters iPad to restore my game there.

Also make sure you are not using iOS Family Share. If you are the iTunes and Game Centre account are not enough, to fully separate the accounts.

This is something that I never even thought about. Family share is on so that will be part of the problem too.

Dare I suggest your game needed a good flush of neighbours? ;). ..... I would definitely try everything you can before letting the saved version get manipulated by the “experts”.

I think that I am going take your advice and use it because it will probably have the best result. As far as the problem, once our ipads/games are no longer synchronized the only real issue is the loss of the neighbors. It might be a good time for a purge because I was getting way to many antennas for the MCC and the like.

I also suggest doing a search on internet on how to turn off background apps on Ipad and IOS, this might solve your problem. I had to turn off a bunch of background apps on pc it helped with the running of the game

Thank you everyone for the great advice. This looks as if it is a multilayered problem with the game center id and the ios family sharing. I will let you know what the final results are.

Top Bottom