Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Game has lost months of progress

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
captain ian
Hi everyone. 1st post, hopefully I'll be fairly active one I've got this problem sorted.

I've been playing Airport City since Jan 1st 2015 and play pretty regularly. My main game is on Windows PC - it started on a little tablet, then moved to a small hybrid and finally to my full sized laptop, where I've been playing it since around October. I moved the game each time by simply copying the Airport City folder from (C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Packages) and moving it to the new pc after I had installed the game, each time without issue

I have yet to update to the version released last week for Windows devices - I held off updating so that I could secure the weekly top 10 bags I was likely to get and on Monday picked up multiple bronze chests (1 large, 2 medium), since I'm unlikely to hit top 10 levels with the merged platform top 100 setup.

I closed the game and reopened it, only to find that my progress has gone back from level 60 to level 51, to a point from last year, probably to around the time I moved my game to my laptop.

This isn't the 1st time it has happened, the same thing happened a couple of months ago - however I had a backup from earlier in that week so was happy to restore it and move on, losing tops of 3 days progress.

This time around it's 3 weeks progress I'll lose - I've contacted support and am waiting for a response as I'm not happy going back that far.

I've got 2 support games, both on Windows mobile and both also not yet updated. Both can see my main game at the correct level 60, so it should be a valid game on GI's server as it was before the problem. Since I discovered the problem yesterday, I've not opened the game to ensure the server copy of my game isn't overwritten.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Berry27 fuel pls
Hi everyone. 1st post, hopefully I'll be fairly active one I've got this problem sorted.

I've been playing Airport City since Jan 1st 2015 and play pretty regularly. My main game is on Windows PC - it started on a little tablet, then moved to a small hybrid and finally to my full sized laptop, where I've been playing it since around October. I moved the game each time by simply copying the Airport City folder from (C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Packages) and moving it to the new pc after I had installed the game, each time without issue

I have yet to update to the version released last week for Windows devices - I held off updating so that I could secure the weekly top 10 bags I was likely to get and on Monday picked up multiple bronze chests (1 large, 2 medium), since I'm unlikely to hit top 10 levels with the merged platform top 100 setup.

I closed the game and reopened it, only to find that my progress has gone back from level 60 to level 51, to a point from last year, probably to around the time I moved my game to my laptop.

This isn't the 1st time it has happened, the same thing happened a couple of months ago - however I had a backup from earlier in that week so was happy to restore it and move on, losing tops of 3 days progress.

This time around it's 3 weeks progress I'll lose - I've contacted support and am waiting for a response as I'm not happy going back that far.

I've got 2 support games, both on Windows mobile and both also not yet updated. Both can see my main game at the correct level 60, so it should be a valid game on GI's server as it was before the problem. Since I discovered the problem yesterday, I've not opened the game to ensure the server copy of my game isn't overwritten.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Same here captain ian, I lost about a week's progress when the game froze. (I don't even know how to create a backup file on a Surface, so that's not an option.)

I'm also a newbie here, though I've been playing the game since 2013 or so. Now this may be a silly question, but how do you contact GI Support?

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
captain ian
It's a common problem and you already know both solutions: backup frequently or ask GI.

Offtopic: if you need not updated neighbors, look here: https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/players-with-not-updated-windows-client.13478/

As I suspected, thanks. I'll have a look once my game is sorted out, had a response and at least on GI's end they can see I'm on level 60 so hoping it should be a quick fix.

Same here captain ian, I lost about a week's progress when the game froze. (I don't even know how to create a backup file on a Surface, so that's not an option.)

Pretty simple, if you can copy a folder using the file explorer then you know what to do...

Go to C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Packages - the red User is where your Windows user account name should be.

On my PC at the top of the list is a folder called 0EB8BD08.AirportCity_[xxxxxxxxxxxx] (the multiple x's might vary) - all I've been doing is copying it to another folder every month (or whenever I start/complete a building upgrade). If you have a problem, simply copy the folder back over the one in the packages folder. You'll be back at the point where you were at the time you copied it.

I'm also a newbie here, though I've been playing the game since 2013 or so. Now this may be a silly question, but how do you contact GI Support?

https://www.game-insight.com/en/support/form

Just fill it out and they'll get back to you - it took them close to 36 hours to contact me but that's probably because I contacted them Monday morning in Australia, however they are pretty good at responding. Whether I get the result I'm after is a different matter.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Pretty simple, if you can copy a folder using the file explorer then you know what to do...

Go to C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Packages - the red User is where your Windows user account name should be.

On my PC at the top of the list is a folder called 0EB8BD08.AirportCity_[xxxxxxxxxxxx] (the multiple x's might vary) - all I've been doing is copying it to another folder every month (or whenever I start/complete a building upgrade). If you have a problem, simply copy the folder back over the one in the packages folder. You'll be back at the point where you were at the time you copied it..
"Surface" can mean a Windows RT-based computer and I have doubts if it allows normal filesystem access : )

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Berry27 fuel pls
As I suspected, thanks. I'll have a look once my game is sorted out, had a response and at least on GI's end they can see I'm on level 60 so hoping it should be a quick fix.

On my PC at the top of the list is a folder called 0EB8BD08.AirportCity_[xxxxxxxxxxxx] (the multiple x's might vary) - all I've been doing is copying it to another folder every month (or whenever I start/complete a building upgrade). If you have a problem, simply copy the folder back over the one in the packages folder. You'll be back at the point where you were at the time you copied it.

Thanks - I haven't seen a file manager on the Surface; that's more like the Windows Phone platform, but I will look around.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Berry27 fuel pls
"Surface" can mean a Windows RT-based computer and I have doubts if it allows normal filesystem access : )

Thanks, it took my 15-year-old about 5 seconds to find file explorer on the Surface. :) I've made a backup file, just in case; will do so from now on regularly. I also dropped a note to GI, let's see if they manage to help.

Greetings from sunny London :)

Top Bottom