Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Flight Speed Up Percentages (Fuel Catalyst, Vintage Weathervane, Flight Livery)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted here, but I recently did an experiment and discovered some interesting information for those who like to be efficient fliers. I will be sharing some percentage numbers to help you calculate your flight time when your flights are sped up, but before I do, a little backstory:
For those who have collected super bonuses, you know about the Jet Pack bonus, which allows your flights to be automatically sped up at the fuel catalyst points for all flights for 24 hours. It's a very good bonus for increasing flight speeds and therefore increasing pax for the day. However, it has one major drawback. When the flight departs, the flight time shown doesn't indicate what the reduced flight time would be with the speed-ups included, so if you set your alarm clock to that time, you would've lost time. But what if you knew ahead of time what the time reductions would be and factored that in to your alarm clock setting? Then you would be able to time your flight within a minute or two, reducing the lost time and keeping your fleet in the air, improving efficiency.
I started looking around the forum to find any information that was out there about fuel catalyst and the reduction times. Didn't find any information at first, but was pointed to the Wiki as it had the standard times as well as the flight time reductions via a fuel catalyst. Great info, but it didn't consider flight livery speed reductions nor the vintage weathervane. This led me to finding the flight time percentage reduction that the fuel catalyst would give, which could then be applied with flight livery speed bonuses and/or vintage weathervane. And with that backstory, I now present my findings:
1) Fuel Catalyst causes a 14% time reduction for all flights when used.
a) The 14% holds true for all flights that are less than 7 hrs and 8 minutes long AFTER the application of livery speed bonus and vintage weathervane
b) For flights equal to 7 hrs and 8 minutes or longer, there is a rounding error which makes the actual percentage fall as much as 13.6% for Condors. The 7hr and 8 minute timepoint is special because at that point, the fuel catalyst speed up time reaches 1 hr 00min. Now that the flight time reduction is in hr mm, the seconds is shaved off, and the time is rounded down to the next minute. The reduction time for fuel catalyst can NEVER exceed 14%.
2) The fuel catalyst activation window is always 2% of the flight time AFTER the application of livery speed bonus and vintage weathervane.
a) The activation window always precedes the 1/2 mark (1 FC flights for owl, falcons, and thunderbirds), the 1/3 and 2/3 marks (2 FC flights for eagles, jumbos, giants, etc.), or the 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 mark (3 FC flights for condors). Once you hit those important marks of the flight, the window is closed.

So now you have all the information to calculate your flight time. Always do your calculations in this order:
1) Apply livery speed bonus first (5% to 80%)
2) Apply vintage weathervane bonus next (35%)
3) Apply fuel catalyst bonus last (14%, rounding down to the previous minute)

Let me know if you have any additional questions or observations of your own.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
That's a LOT of research! Thanks @Navigata07.
No problem...glad to help. It didn't take long to see the trend (an hour or two), but looking into the Wiki page confirmed my findings as well as the round-down error for longer flights. I just wanted to have a nice layout so that you all could easily understand it and use it yourselves.

Top Bottom