1. Welcome to AirportCityGame

AirportCityGame is the Number One forum when it comes to the hit Android, iOS, Windows and Amazon game Airport City!

Chat to other players, swap items in the Daily Trade Forum and help each other complete Space Missions!

Just to let you know, AirportCityGame will be moving to superfast new servers very soon. This will stop the slow running and downtime you may be experiencing when you visit.

For more information - Please see THIS thread.

Event Rewards: Step Out The Box

Discussion in 'Airport City Feature Requests & Suggestions' started by Navigata07, 10 May 2019.

1. Navigata07

Navigata07 150+ Star Club Active Member

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    I'm sure many of you have been thinking the same exact thing about event rewards buildings: they're pretty predictable and mostly useless. We have had a few exceptions of course (the green and red QL party events and last year's dark skies event to name a few), but most buildings nowadays are either coin collectors (90 coins/4hr, 100 to 150/12 to 18 hours, etc) or passenger buildings. Now of course passenger buildings are always appreciated, but there are so many other creative buildings that can be given as event rewards. Feel free to suggest any buildings that you think would be great event rewards buildings...maybe GI will take note of a few of them.

View Signature
    Jim G and Izelman like this.
  2. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    One of my first suggestions is maybe a 3x3 oil rig, which would permanently increase the rate of fuel production and give a slight bump in fuel capacity...or make it a contract facility where you pay coins to increase the rate for a certain period of time.

View Signature
    Aviatrix, Jim G, andy8758 and 2 others like this.
  3. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    Maybe another idea is to make certain planes available for purchase as a reward for completing a very hard event.

View Signature
  4. Both of those ideas have already been done (n).

View Signature
  5. My idea is definitely a warehouse to increase this 100-limit!

View Signature
    Navigata07 and exwhy like this.
  6. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    Wait....there is a building that increases the fuel restoration rate?

View Signature
    Bob69bob likes this.
  7. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    I think the limit will be increased to be honest, but lets see.

View Signature
  8. That’s probably the one feature not covered. GI treats the fuel very carefully. It’s really the lifeblood of the entire game, hence the astronomical prices in greenies if purchasing even a single barrel. They have improved the prospect of increased rates by introducing Fuel additives (+1/min for 60 min) to go along with the older, more expensive, Secret Faucet (+1/min for 480 min).

Gold subscription gives a base rate of +2/min (which is very expensive but the game goes bezerk as your tank fills in 3 hrs tempting you back to play. My guess is that gold subscribers would, if trying to utilise all their fuel production, have to be doing lots of instant returns just so they aren’t pouring fuel down the drain. I use Silver (which is +1, 60/24/7) and even that has a massive difference to the game play. It feels like playing in slow motion when the subscription runs out :). Add a SF or FA to that and things get busy- I imagine Gold sub is like that all of the time. The subs also have the great feature of increasing the tank size by 15 & 30% respectively. It doesn’t sound like much, but the impact is huge.

View Signature
    Navigata07 likes this.
  9. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    I think thats the main reason they wont do it. They would of course want us to subscribe to enjoy that benefit, so yeah its bleak that they would give the opportunity to non-subscribers.

View Signature
    Bob69bob likes this.
  10. ArGi1981

ArGi1981 Active Member

Android
    04gdf349
    ArGi1981
    I anxiously await the day they add the possibility to temporarily increase the amount of fuel you have (similar to the visa for pax, which when combined with Alarm Clock and Family Tickets bonuses and optionally even a magic square, can easily give you thousands of pax in one hour). Two options come to mind, although I don't think they should be event buildings but should be added to the regular game play:
    - A building that, when activated, will improve the production speed of a fuel station. For instance, if one of such building reduces the time in half then six of such buildings would reduce a 10 minute contract to produce 3 fuel down to 9 seconds. If you would activate six of such buildings for an hour (e.g. with 20 silver coins per building, same as visa center), this would give you up to ~1200 fuel in one hour.
    - A building that allows you to combine barrels of fuel into new barrels of more fuel. For instance, 5 barrels of F20 into one of F100, or 3 of F20 into one of F50 (since there would be spillage when pooring three barrels into one :p ). Such a building could also be combined with the possibility (when upgraded for instance) to create new space-items (PEB, MS) from lower-level space items (solid fuel, etc)

View Signature
    deepgreensea, Bob69bob and Navigata07 like this.
  11. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    The combination tactic is one Im hoping for as well, but as @Bob69bob was saying earlier, fuel is the bloodline of this game, so increasing fuel rate is something preserved only for elite subscribers, since it changes the entire dynamic of the game.

View Signature
  12. ArGi1981

ArGi1981 Active Member

Android
    04gdf349
    ArGi1981
    Sure, fuel is the bloodline, but I'm not talking about increasing the fuel rate but about allowing the possibility to temporarily increase the amount of fuel available. Hey: One can dream, right? :D

View Signature
    Bob69bob and Navigata07 like this.
  13. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    The closest thing to that is the extra fuel can, but that's a bonus item that I just dont see the practicality in using. It gives you a temporary increase in fuel capacity for 30 mins I think, but after the time is done, you lose the extra fuel gained during those 30 mins

View Signature
  14. ArGi1981

ArGi1981 Active Member

Android
    04gdf349
    ArGi1981
    Indeed! That is why we need a new building!;);)

View Signature
    Navigata07 likes this.
  15. I'm not sure that is the case... unless the game is in shutdown or not active as the bonus finishes (same as bottomless barrel). I think that is a bug in that when the game reloads, it doesn't recognise the bonus as ever having been active. If the game is in play when the bonus finishes, the fuel stays (I'm fairly sure?).

View Signature
  16. Another suggestion,, they should do MSB marathon once they reach Msb chest 10 in a manner that there are 10 consecutive events with reward buildings as MSB 1- 10 to celebrate the creative work the designers do!
    Just a suggestion;)

View Signature
    Navigata07 likes this.
  17. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    I may try it again, because I saw value in using it to expand the fuel capacity, but when I did, It appears that the fuel was lost. However, I didn't play it during that time, so maybe that's why I lost it? If you go over on fuel ( landing guest planes with fuel), then it stays accumulated even after closing the game, so not sure why it doesn't for this bonus. I'll try again at some point though.

View Signature
  18. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    I think the randomness of the MSB buildings would be a slight minus in terms of event rewards. It's all good and well if you get a training center or a planetarium as a reward, but what if you get a measly Arboretum or a recording studio? Sure nobody would be happy with that. Now what they should do is offer the best building as a reward from each MSB collection to commemorate the 10 collections as you suggested.

View Signature