Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Empennage & Light Engines

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
Something needs to be done about the inability to gift "Light Engines" and "Empennages". Especially now since it seems that planes break down more often. All other repair items can be gifted except these. Why? And since these are items for lower level planes it discourages the new players. Three of my young nieces and nephews quit playing shortly after I got them interested in the game. When I ask them why, they said they were tired of spending most of their time trying (unsuccessfully) to get these part to repair broken planes, only to have more planes break in the process. "That's no fun" they told me. I couldn't agree more.

Today, on one of my mid-level games I received 6 owls (4 of them broke). The first one I tried to repair wanted an Empennage (I had none), and so bagan the 2 hour wait. So, I sent the last 2 out to Malta and sped them back only to get a Life Jacket. I burned through 18 Powerful Radios, and most of my extra fuel and got more Life Jackets and ANOTHER broken plane. I've landed Guest Planes, sent flights to Yellowstone, and Cyprus, and still NO Empennages.
Finally, the 2 hours were up and I went to fix my next broken plane and it also wanted an Empennage. So, I drove 5 miles into town to use the internet at a coffee shop (we live in an area that doesn't get internet), and used commercials to get Empennages. After I returned home I received my flights from Goa (to get more Powerful Radios to send more flights to Malta to get Empennages). This time the broken plane ONLY wanted Light Engines. At least I had 2 of those. But, I must agree with my nieces and nephews, "That's no fun".

I have no idea what the game makers reasoning is for this, but it is very successful at making new players quit because it's "NO FUN". My wife who also plays (and has had similar experiences) asked me, "Why even play this game anymore? It seems like all I do anymore is fly flights to try to get Light Engines and Empennages."

BTW, today I got 7 Life Jackets, 12 Rules books, 11 Thermal Mugs, and 3 Sauna, but not a single Empennage. Hmmmmmm. I also, "dropped" 2 planes (also NOT FUN).

At least improve the drop rate to "often" rather than "Very Seldom" (which actually seems more like "just above impossible").
Broken Airport16.png

Broken Airport18.png

How about a new campaign slogan...... "Airport City - Fix broken planes for 12 hours straight, just like the real pros. (repair parts not included)"

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
iirc, all lower repair items are giftable, but not all by anyone. So some can gift cockpit glass, others can gift empenage. You could try asking for them in your name or here on the forum (I'm sure there is a gifting thread somewhere). Or indeed, try your luck on the repair set box, mystery sets or other boxes where these items are included.

iirc, all lower repair items are giftable, but not all by anyone. So some can gift cockpit glass, others can gift empenage. You could try asking for them in your name or here on the forum (I'm sure there is a gifting thread somewhere). Or indeed, try your luck on the repair set box, mystery sets or other boxes where these items are included.

Nope, he is right regarding light engine and empennage: they are never available as gift.

The first lower level gift is either cockpit glass or paint.
Then at higher level, you can gift the tire or the jet engine.
Then this is either the landing gear or the passenger seat

never able to gift the light engine or the empennage.
Check yourself, you will see that

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
I could say:
now that event allow you to buy repair set box (with 5 repair items, including the empenage and light engine), this become a smaller issue than before
Well, I've gotten empennages out of those boxes a lot less then what I need, and those boxes are just as random and "very seldom" as flights and guest planes. But the question still remains: Why are these the only 2 repair items that can't be gifted? I would love to know what Ivan has to say about this subject, but I don't want to bother him right now. I'm sure the man has more pressing issues. :)

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Well, I've gotten empennages out of those boxes a lot less then what I need, and those boxes are just as random and "very seldom" as flights and guest planes. But the question still remains: Why are these the only 2 repair items that can't be gifted? I would love to know what Ivan has to say about this subject, but I don't want to bother him right now. I'm sure the man has more pressing issues. :)
It is a fair point, I suspect it has come about through the changes over the years though.
For a long long time, after 5 days of consecutive log in you got a repair set, which used to only contain these low level items. I have thousands of these, as you always ended up with more than you could use. I suspect this is why the items are not giftable - there was never a need.

However I agree with your point, they should be added as giftable items now, and it would be foolish of the developers not to if it results in new players leaving the game out of frustration/lack of progress.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
Nope, he is right regarding light engine and empennage: they are never available as gift.

The first lower level gift is either cockpit glass or paint.
Then at higher level, you can gift the tire or the jet engine.
Then this is either the landing gear or the passenger seat

never able to gift the light engine or the empennage.
Check yourself, you will see that
O, right. My bad. Just checked and it's not indicated when you view this item in the warehouse indeed (no idea how I got up to 97 items of these in my warehouse :cool: )

Top Bottom