Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Destination rank: last arrived at equality ranked first

I have something which look like a bug on ranking for destination.
when there is an equality, the last arrived is ranked first...

I have done a screenshot.
And when looking on support pages, a note was written on it, just telling this fact.
(when there is an equality, the second arrived is ranked first). So the support is perfectly aware of the situation.

Therefore,I got a question on that : for the reward, if there is an equality, what is occurring ?
  • Does the second player arrived for the first reward rank ?
  • Does both players get the same reward ?
  • Or first the player arrived for the first reward, even if the rank page displays him as second ?

Because if it is the first proposal, then it is not only just unfair, It is a real bug...

I could create a support incident on it, but I think that as it is known, the ticket will just be closed
(and for instance, there is no reward issue, as we are in the middle of the week).

I have something which look like a bug on ranking for destination.
when there is an equality, the last arrived is ranked first...

I have done a screenshot.
And when looking on support pages, a note was written on it, just telling this fact.
(when there is an equality, the second arrived is ranked first). So the support is perfectly aware of the situation.

Therefore,I got a question on that : for the reward, if there is an equality, what is occurring ?
  • Does the second player arrived for the first reward rank ?
  • Does both players get the same reward ?
  • Or first the player arrived for the first reward, even if the rank page displays him as second ?

Because if it is the first proposal, then it is not only just unfair, It is a real bug...

I could create a support incident on it, but I think that as it is known, the ticket will just be closed
(and for instance, there is no reward issue, as we are in the middle of the week).
I don’t agree with you. The one who arrives second is effectively fighting for the place, and thus should be rewarded.
It’s a feature, not a glitch, and designed to award those who keep fighting for their goals

I don’t agree with you. The one who arrives second is effectively fighting for the place, and thus should be rewarded.
It’s a feature, not a glitch, and designed to award those who keep fighting for their goals

My concern is the following one:

If sunday evening, I end with 200 flights at first rank then stops.
Then playerB lso reach 200 flights after me, and also stops. What will be the final reward ??

PlayerB get first place, so first reward while He is arrived at 200 in a second time ??
This is what you mean ?

In such case, sorry, but I disagree...

Having both player being rewarded with the same thing could be ok.
But if not, then the first arriving should have the first rank reward, not the second one...

Then playerB lso reach 200 flights after me, and also stops. What will be the final reward ??

PlayerB get first place, so first reward while He is arrived at 200 in a second time ??
This is what you mean ?

But if not, then the first arriving should have the first rank reward, not the second one...
Keep your eyes open and fly 201!

1am in the morning currenlty, will be 2am in summer time.
so yeah, have to keep eyes opens ^^.

Otherwise, ok, this is not a bug, but a feature, as some famous guys have told...
No very fair, but we just have to do with it...
Yes. Im same time as you! If im first and someone is behind me that close, i wake up to go to the loo and add more! Lol.

This is what you mean ?

Yes, that’s exactly what I mean.
I understand why you desagree, but i don’t share the same opinion. It’s not a “first come first served” situation. It’s more like “if you battle ‘till the end, you won”

Hum...

right now, I reach the same number of flights than the first at antartic.
But I'm still on the second rank.
So the first explanation seems to be wrong finally.
I just wonder if the real sorting criteria for ranking is not the level, or something else...

because for first incident, I'm completely sure to have reached first the position (3hour meeting at work, same number before and after the meeting).

And here, I'm arrived second of course, but are still second on rank. I will put screenshot later, this evening.

I think I have my answer for that question.
I have not opened an incident, but have notices equality on several occasions (not only concerning me).
And my conclusion is that I think I know what is the criteria for the sorting when equally: it is just the level...

Each time there is an equality, the higher level player is sorted first...

And it could even be understandable. Just think that G! could not store the arrival time in their ranking database, but just the number of flights per player.
In that case, they needed to find another criteria to do the sort. And the level is not the worst one here. (it could have been game name alphabetic order :p )

I think I have my answer for that question.
I have not opened an incident, but have notices equality on several occasions (not only concerning me).
And my conclusion is that I think I know what is the criteria for the sorting when equally: it is just the level...

Each time there is an equality, the higher level player is sorted first...

And it could even be understandable. Just think that G! could not store the arrival time in their ranking database, but just the number of flights per player.
In that case, they needed to find another criteria to do the sort. And the level is not the worst one here. (it could have been game name alphabetic order :p )
Could be but I'm not convinced. I think it's just the sorting algorithm used and a matter of allocating a position to the newly arrived. They don't need a second criteria.

Could be but I'm not convinced. I think it's just the sorting algorithm used and a matter of allocating a position to the newly arrived. They don't need a second criteria.

I have the perfect example.
I have just land a few planes at dresden at the instant.
See the ranking refresh :
Screenshot.png

Top Bottom