Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

AC version 5.3.29

I just noticed that the new version 5.3.29 is NOT compatible with Android OS of 4.2.2 anymore.

Free2Play, can you confirm? My LY2 game on Android 4.2.2 now says "your device is not compatible with the game" thus cannot update anymore. The game just increased its OS minimum requirement before the last holiday season not very long ago, I purchased a new device in order to bring my LY game up to date, now the OS requirement increased again, I won't be able to purchase another device for my LY2 game.

Last edited:
I just noticed that the new version 5.3.29 is NOT compatible with Android OS of 4.2.2 anymore.

Free2Play, can you confirm? My LY2 game on Android 4.2.2 now says "your device is not compatible with the game" thus cannot update anymore. The game just increased its OS minimum requirement before the last holiday season not very long ago, I purchased a new device in order to bring my LY game up to date, now the OS requirement increased again, I won't be able to purchase another device for my LY2 game.
I have an AC game on an older tablet with 4.2.1 that I use just for fuel, and I get the same message. May have to transfer it to Nox or Memu.:(

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04m479so + almjced + aaa3pr1 + 0400ag7m
Username
vayka1 + noya12 + ayon1 + kaito1

My games NOYA12 and KAITO1 are also running on 4.2.2 devices and i'm getting the same message as you: it's NOT compatible anymore!!!:(:(:mad::mad:
Don't know what to do with the 2 games, because i really don't want to use them as gifting games.

My games NOYA12 and KAITO1 are also running on 4.2.2 devices and i'm getting the same message as you: it's NOT compatible anymore!!!:(:(:mad::mad:
Don't know what to do with the 2 games, because i really don't want to use them as gifting games.
Same here :cry:, I would at least hope GI would give a heads up / warning long time before they raise the OS minimum requirement, so people can prepare for that, and NOT to raise that twice within months. This will simply throw players off, especially the long time players, those are the people who would ever encounter the device not compatible issue. (n)

A game is a software application, I never saw any software would one day suddenly throw you out saying your OS is not compatible anymore. They would always give you way ahead warnings, most of them for months if not longer, why? Because they want you continue using their software.

Last edited:

Jay J

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Pls see signature
Username
jj- / minime-
Not sure what you meant, my 4.2.2 device receives dozens of app updates everyday. It is the app itself decides the minimum OS level requirement for its updates.
I was only speculating after finding out Google support cutoff is 4.4.
I have an old game on 4.2.2, which is too slow to play, so I use it as an update tester. I had no problem updating it to 5.3.26, but cannot update it to 5.3.29.
What is puzzling is that I see no visible difference from 5.3.26 and yet device not compatible for update?

I was only speculating after finding out Google support cutoff is 4.4.
I have an old game on 4.2.2, which is too slow to play, so I use it as an update tester. I had no problem updating it to 5.3.26, but cannot update it to 5.3.29.
What is puzzling is that I see no visible difference from 5.3.26 and yet device not compatible for update?
Okay, you meant the game now requires minimum OS level of 4.4? I cannot see that anywhere, and I am hoping Free2Play would confirm.

Top Bottom